Notices

Moms club 2013

Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
Happy weekend moms!

Looking forward to a long weekend, except for the whole entertaining the in-laws aspect. As my husband is sleeping (he works 3rd shift), it's my job to track the flight. As I check periodically and see that little plane make it's way over the Atlantic, the feeling of impending doom grows every larger:-)
Haha, Dolly, I know that feeling. My in-laws just moved back to our area after living in Iowa for the past 18 years. Now they live 20 minutes away.
They are very religious and don't drink (also think my FIL had a problem way back), but I always did (in hiding) to get through their visits. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but they just get on my nerves sometimes, and it has always been easier to have a buzz while they are here. It is going to be a big trigger when they come over again (relapsed last time they did). Trying to hold their visits off until I have more time under my belt and am feeling stronger.

Anyway, sorry for the rant Hope your weekend goes well. You can do it!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Black Bird View Post

anewpage, would you be willing to see a doc for your anxiety or an alcohol counselor. You may be in a constant state of withdrawal which is making things worse. I don't know of that is the case or not. Take care. I wish you the best.
I have an appointment to see a doctor next thursday. Really hope it goes well... I am looking forward to kicking this anxiety in the backside once and for all. I'm tired of living in fear all the time. I will tell her about my alcohol issues as well.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
They are very religious and don't drink (also think my FIL had a problem way back), but I always did (in hiding) to get through their visits. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but they just get on my nerves sometimes, and it has always been easier to have a buzz while they are here.
Same here. My MIL is a darling woman but she loathes alcohol and thinks that anyone who drinks it can't possibly be a "real Christian". And the whole time she's telling me she's so glad I don't drink, I'm sneaking drinks in the kitchen. I never even told her I don't drink, she just assumed. Good luck getting through the visit!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

My in-laws are the opposite. Alcholics, in jail, drug users, domestic violence...you name it, it's there.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:30 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

My MIL is bat $hit crazy but sweet. She stays out of our business. I've only seen my FIL twice and let me just say I'm not impressed.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Anewpage did you go to that councilor today?

Just got back from a very rainy but amazing field trip with my oldest daughter! Have a wonderful weekend mommas!

Good luck with the inlaws dolly aka Martha stewart
Old 05-24-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Old 05-24-2013, 02:48 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

whats up MLC?

D
Old 05-24-2013, 04:55 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Just checking in with all the mom's who have a long three day weekend to look forward to! Enjoy your time with your kids, try to stay in the moment! In the big picuture, time goes by way too fast.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi Mamas!

Just checking in - I have so many posts to catch up too. Dolly, in three weeks time I moving 4 houses down from my in-laws. That's right - 4 houses! Haha. They're actually ok and tend to give us our space but I'm looking forward to have built-in baby sitters. Still, it's going to be an odd adjustment.

We're going to see my parents tomorrow and they don't drink so that always makes it easy for me. We'll spend the day at the beach club so the boys will be nice and worn out.

anewday, I'm glad you're going to see a doc. I'm going to make an appt. too. My anxiety is through the roof lately and I need to come up with a plan.

I hope everyone is great weekend
Old 05-24-2013, 05:49 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

4 houses down Dufster??? You are braver than i am:-)

Well...night #1 done. I am up in bed, I served wine and drank diet coke myself. It didn't even bother me!

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!
Old 05-24-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dollyangel17 View Post
Well...night #1 done. I am up in bed, I served wine and drank diet coke myself. It didn't even bother me!

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a great start!
Good for you, Dolly! Did the in-laws question you?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:02 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Nope...not once, but I could almost hear the wheels churning in their heads:-)
Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Well today WAS day 3...Im currently having a beer. I bought a 6 pack, I missed my AA meeting today, I ha so much to do this evening, and with 3 kids all in tow its sometimes hard to have my evenings planned out. Ugh!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Checking in moms...good morning!

Up bright and early...got a busy day. Making a homemade spaghetti sauce, going to gym, taking my Dolly to swim class and then going to a farm with the in laws.

Java...hang in there, we are here for you.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Good job dolly!
Well we arrived at out family beach house yesterday evening. And normally I unload all my mothers little helpers before I unpack the luggage. I was excited to have my first sober beach weekend!!! No other families would be arriving until Sunday so I was sure temptation would not exist.......WRONG.... Fridge was already packed as if the kappa deltas were staying with us. Normally I would be like yesssss... But yesterday I was like ughhh. Should I move it? I started to and then I was like I'm going to have to put it back anyway just deal with it!!!! So I dealt with it. I'm going to be around it for occasions like this forever. Better start learning how to do it sooner then later! Being strong.

I don't know how people who are so new in sobriety keep alcohol in their house regularly!!! I know I will get through this weekend sober but if this was the norm not sure I would stay sober forever. And forever is what I want
Old 05-25-2013, 03:25 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Dolly isn't it crazy how early you can pop out of bed now!!!! I can't sleep past five since sober.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:53 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Yes...before I wouldn't get out if bed until my daughter threatened with a stick of dynamite:-). Now it's a clear head as I plan my day. It's great to be enjoying more of the weekend:-)

I know what you mean about the booze in the house...we now have beer and wine in the fridge because if the family visit. So far so good, but hoping temptation doesn't sneak in.

Enjoy your beach weekend!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

It's 7:40 am here in Florida and my boys haven't made a peep yet! Unheard of in this house and I'm relishing in the quietness for the moment

Yes, Inperfectly, enjoy your vacation! Sounds delightful. We've always kept booze in this house so I've had to learn just to block it out. I would never never recommend it but it definitely can be down. And if you feel it calling to you head out for a walk on the beach - that is enough to clear the head. Enjoy!

Java, today is day 1 again! It's all part of the process. I blew my days yesterday by taking a friend's xanax. Just putting it behind me and starting again where I left off.

Dolly, enjoy your busy day - sounds like fun. And I'm envious, I serve my own family Ragu (sigh - must put learning to cook on my list).

Ladybug and anewpage, my own parents don't drink and I find it to be such a comfort now that I've quit. I plan visits to see them when I'm feeling really tempted because I know it won't even be possible around them. Plus, I use them as models of sobriety now - where before I used to sneak it around them.

mlc, how are you doing? I hope everyone else has a wonderful long weekend!

The house is still quiet! I almost don't know what to do with myself - lol. I'm sure they'll be stirring soon enough.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Have a great weekend ladies!
Sat. Is my day to sleep in! I just woke up and it's almost 11am. I love waking up to no hangover!
Java, welcome to day 1. Yay!