Notices

2 hours from Day 4

Old 05-15-2013, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 hours from Day 4

Anxiety still high though But that has allot to do w\ other things in my life as well as the quit drinking .. BUT I have made 3 of the 4 calls that were causing so much more anxiety .. And for Midnight; Yea slippers still on for now :p
Old 05-15-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 4 August! Thats fantastic!
Old 05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tech. not there yet :p 1 hour to go .. But considering the packie is a mile away; walking there & back would take me roughly an hour I will Make 4 Days LOL But seriously TY & I have NO PLANS to get beers .. But as you see it is still in my thoughts today *sigh*
Old 05-15-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

August I'm so happy to see you continuing to check in and that you're close to 4 days! You are doing this and if you keep digging in and staying sober, it won't always feel like this.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well I hope not; I just want to make it to next week to see my Doc. Then I talk to her about Other plans as well as counseling for my Anxiety issues :p Sadly the best they could do was move it up 5 days :p But better next week then the following week .. Thanx I have been trying to "check in" or read posts every day as to avoid any dark thoughts :p
Old 05-15-2013, 09:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you're seeing your doctor. Believe me, it will get better.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well the Appt. has been set for over a month in advance . I go once a month since I am prescribed Vicodin & Valium for my back .. But b\c of straight guidelines and all; they will only prescribe small amounts :p At least the Docs here . Sooooooooooo anyway a Lil more info then normal :p lol
Old 05-15-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well officially 4 days YaY me :p Now sadly it is window count down cause still not feeling sure of myself :p Not to mention I am sure I need water & smokes again soon *sigh* But YaY 4 days Sober and HOPE\PLAN to stay that way
Old 05-15-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Check you out!!! This is awesome. I know how hard it can be. Sometimes it is one long minute at a time. Hang in there. You are doing a fabulous job.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanx Just googled mapped the closest store for smokes; other then the one near the evil place :p well seems I would have to double my walk .. Soooo i'm in a pickle so to say .. But TY I do feel proud and cautiously hopeful ..
Old 05-15-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Its all up hill now August! Its day 12 for me, Im feeling alot better, still low on energy but I do what I can an try to push myself an extra mile. I just returned home from a walk to get cigs, was pretty tiring but I made it You will be fine, ya just gotta stay strong & DONT give in to those nasty demons! Ive found that reading & posting here along with listening to my fav music really helps too
Old 05-15-2013, 10:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Funny on should say that; just downloaded the app for my android player last night :p I NEVER go anywhere w\ out my music lol Physically right now I know I could handle 2 miles; 1 each way .. But not sure my back would take 4 miles to the other store :p So still debating ... an honestly it is not the smokes as much as the Water since I refuse to drink tap water :p lol Bad habit from dead tour I guess ...
Old 05-15-2013, 11:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Congrats on 4 days, August!

Glad to hear slippers are still on))

Quite a dilemma for you about walking 2 miles more to buy water. Maybe, use SR app on your android while you are shopping of water we can distract you from other thoughts?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wow 2 miles! Im not there yet lol, its maybe a mile to & from the store I go to, but that great that you can go that far already! Like you my back is what keeps me from walking to far, but I will get there I found out on like day 4 I think it was that music made such a difference in the way I was feeling, so I turned on some John Mayer ( My fav ) real loud danced around the house a little, Thank God no one saw me lol, But started to realize this was helping me, so it goes most of the day now an when I go anywhere I have my ear buds in Music is good for the soul. As the water goes, I dont drink tap neither, but I have been drinking almost a gallon a day, the more water we can drink the better, get those toxins flushed out Your gonna beat this August! I see already you have a good attitude about it and thats fantastic, Just stay strong and stay on SR as much as you can
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

TY Midnight .. I will have it w\ me and most likely open; but I am rather new to the whole typing thing lol Least on a small touch screen .. But it is decent enough I could stop and type a quick HELP I am outside of the packie lol :p Sadly though my walking boots are on lol The whole tap water thing has started to erk even me now though :p But it has been so long that if I smell the chlorine I won't touch it .. So I know I am going to have to go .. Just biding my time to gather strength
Old 05-15-2013, 11:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Get up & an do it, let us know how you did when you get back
Old 05-15-2013, 11:25 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober since October

You have all my strength that I've just brought from the gym. I'm sending it to you - stay tuned)
Old 05-15-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SickNSooooTired View Post
Wow 2 miles! Im not there yet lol, its maybe a mile to & from the store I go to, but that great that you can go that far already! Like you my back is what keeps me from walking to far, but I will get there I found out on like day 4 I think it was that music made such a difference in the way I was feeling, so I turned on some John Mayer ( My fav ) real loud danced around the house a little, Thank God no one saw me lol, But started to realize this was helping me, so it goes most of the day now an when I go anywhere I have my ear buds in Music is good for the soul. As the water goes, I dont drink tap neither, but I have been drinking almost a gallon a day, the more water we can drink the better, get those toxins flushed out Your gonna beat this August! I see already you have a good attitude about it and thats fantastic, Just stay strong and stay on SR as much as you can :
Wow day 4 ?? lol I listen to music for 75% of the day I am awake :p Usually at least 1-2 full Grateful Dead shows .. Usually a mix when I walk ... well my back is funny .. By that I mean if I keep busy and moving I can usually deal and handle the pain .. But if I am active; then just sit down, I get paralyzing spasms I walk 3 miles a day home from work when I am working .. 4 days a week That is by choice too btw .. lol Still not sure when I am leaving yet though :p
Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Was gonna wait till 3 EST but if I leave now I will be back 30 minutes faster LOL Not to mention Once I but the boots on I get even more Anxious :p Like a Dog and a leash lol. Thanx All ....
Old 05-15-2013, 11:33 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Just breathe, imagine your anxious thoughts are clouds. You just watch them and let go.