SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   2 hours from Day 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/294757-2-hours-day-4-a.html)

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 08:12 AM

2 hours from Day 4

:gaah Anxiety still high though :( But that has allot to do w\ other things in my life as well as the quit drinking .. BUT I have made 3 of the 4 calls that were causing so much more anxiety .. And for Midnight; Yea slippers still on for now :p

SNST 05-15-2013 08:57 AM

Congrats on Day 4 August! Thats fantastic! :)

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 09:02 AM

Tech. not there yet :p 1 hour to go .. But considering the packie is a mile away; walking there & back would take me roughly an hour I will Make 4 Days LOL But seriously TY & I have NO PLANS to get beers .. But as you see it is still in my thoughts today *sigh*

OneLessLonely 05-15-2013 09:02 AM

August I'm so happy to see you continuing to check in and that you're close to 4 days! You are doing this and if you keep digging in and staying sober, it won't always feel like this.

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 09:16 AM

Well I hope not; I just want to make it to next week to see my Doc. Then I talk to her about Other plans as well as counseling for my Anxiety issues :p Sadly the best they could do was move it up 5 days :p But better next week then the following week .. Thanx :) I have been trying to "check in" or read posts every day as to avoid any dark thoughts :p

least 05-15-2013 09:24 AM

I'm glad you're seeing your doctor. Believe me, it will get better.:)

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 09:28 AM

Well the Appt. has been set for over a month in advance . I go once a month since I am prescribed Vicodin & Valium for my back .. But b\c of straight guidelines and all; they will only prescribe small amounts :p At least the Docs here . Sooooooooooo anyway ;) a Lil more info then normal :p lol

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 09:58 AM

Well officially 4 days :) YaY me :p Now sadly it is window count down cause still not feeling sure of myself :p Not to mention I am sure I need water & smokes again soon *sigh* But YaY 4 days Sober and HOPE\PLAN to stay that way :)

Mizzuno 05-15-2013 10:25 AM

Check you out!!! This is awesome. I know how hard it can be. Sometimes it is one long minute at a time. Hang in there. You are doing a fabulous job.

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 10:32 AM

Thanx :) Just googled mapped the closest store for smokes; other then the one near the evil place :p well seems I would have to double my walk .. Soooo i'm in a pickle so to say .. But TY I do feel proud and cautiously hopeful ..

SNST 05-15-2013 10:41 AM

Its all up hill now August! Its day 12 for me, Im feeling alot better, still low on energy but I do what I can an try to push myself an extra mile. I just returned home from a walk to get cigs, was pretty tiring but I made it :) You will be fine, ya just gotta stay strong & DONT give in to those nasty demons! Ive found that reading & posting here along with listening to my fav music really helps too

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 10:48 AM

Funny on should say that; just downloaded the app for my android player last night :p I NEVER go anywhere w\ out my music lol Physically right now I know I could handle 2 miles; 1 each way .. But not sure my back would take 4 miles to the other store :p So still debating ... an honestly it is not the smokes as much as the Water since I refuse to drink tap water :p lol Bad habit from dead tour I guess ...

MidnightBlue 05-15-2013 11:13 AM

Congrats on 4 days, August!

Glad to hear slippers are still on))

Quite a dilemma for you about walking 2 miles more to buy water. Maybe, use SR app on your android while you are shopping of water we can distract you from other thoughts?

SNST 05-15-2013 11:16 AM

Wow 2 miles! Im not there yet lol, its maybe a mile to & from the store I go to, but that great that you can go that far already! Like you my back is what keeps me from walking to far, but I will get there ;) I found out on like day 4 I think it was that music made such a difference in the way I was feeling, so I turned on some John Mayer ( My fav ) real loud danced around the house a little, Thank God no one saw me lol, But started to realize this was helping me, so it goes most of the day now an when I go anywhere I have my ear buds in :) Music is good for the soul. As the water goes, I dont drink tap neither, but I have been drinking almost a gallon a day, the more water we can drink the better, get those toxins flushed out :) Your gonna beat this August! I see already you have a good attitude about it and thats fantastic, Just stay strong and stay on SR as much as you can :nanarock

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 11:17 AM

TY Midnight .. I will have it w\ me and most likely open; but I am rather new to the whole typing thing lol Least on a small touch screen .. But it is decent enough I could stop and type a quick HELP I am outside of the packie lol :p Sadly though my walking boots are on lol The whole tap water thing has started to erk even me now though :p But it has been so long that if I smell the chlorine I won't touch it .. So I know I am going to have to go .. Just biding my time to gather strength :)

SNST 05-15-2013 11:21 AM

Get up & an do it, let us know how you did when you get back :)

MidnightBlue 05-15-2013 11:25 AM

You have all my strength that I've just brought from the gym. I'm sending it to you - stay tuned)

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by SickNSooooTired (Post 3967398)
Wow 2 miles! Im not there yet lol, its maybe a mile to & from the store I go to, but that great that you can go that far already! Like you my back is what keeps me from walking to far, but I will get there ;) I found out on like day 4 I think it was that music made such a difference in the way I was feeling, so I turned on some John Mayer ( My fav ) real loud danced around the house a little, Thank God no one saw me lol, But started to realize this was helping me, so it goes most of the day now an when I go anywhere I have my ear buds in :) Music is good for the soul. As the water goes, I dont drink tap neither, but I have been drinking almost a gallon a day, the more water we can drink the better, get those toxins flushed out :) Your gonna beat this August! I see already you have a good attitude about it and thats fantastic, Just stay strong and stay on SR as much as you can :

Wow day 4 ?? lol I listen to music for 75% of the day I am awake :p Usually at least 1-2 full Grateful Dead shows .. Usually a mix when I walk ... well my back is funny .. By that I mean if I keep busy and moving I can usually deal and handle the pain .. But if I am active; then just sit down, I get paralyzing spasms :( I walk 3 miles a day home from work when I am working .. 4 days a week :) That is by choice too btw .. lol Still not sure when I am leaving yet though :p

AugustWest11 05-15-2013 11:29 AM

Was gonna wait till 3 EST but if I leave now I will be back 30 minutes faster LOL Not to mention Once I but the boots on I get even more Anxious :p Like a Dog and a leash lol. Thanx All ....

MidnightBlue 05-15-2013 11:33 AM

Just breathe, imagine your anxious thoughts are clouds. You just watch them and let go.