Notices

Feel so much better...

Old 05-16-2013, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feel so much better...

Well I now have 16 days of sobriety under my belt, and starting to feel pretty good about things. Looking forward to the weekend...going shopping with my little girl. Usually on Saturday's I would live for the afternoon when I could "go shopping" which was code for 3 hours spent in a bar, and my daughter would hate that I would leave the house for a few hours every Sat.

My husband and I are going out to dinner on Sunday to celebrate our anniversary (this will be the first sober one in our 14 years of marriage), so going to buy a new outfit, and will take my little girl with me. She is thrilled!!!! Going to let her pick out a new necklace for me to wear...my luck it will be a multi colored blinking rhinestone monstrocity, but that's okay:-) It's about time we have some mother/daughter fun:-)
Old 05-16-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Dollyangel17! Sounds like an excellent plan. I'm so happy for you. I'm sure your Husband and little one will be thrilled.

Congratulations on 16 days!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

In so happy for you dolly! The start if my third week was when things started to get really great! Your daughter and husband are lucky to have such a string woman in their lives! Bravo to you!!!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is AWESOME Dolly !!! Hope I can be as strong. This will be my first day. I'm heading to the doctor this morning to see about some anti craving meds. I too look forward to my wine time while cooking dinner every night for my family and friends. No One in my family knows I'm doing this yet. I want to talk to the doctor first and I'm so anxious about not trying to explain myself well enough. UGH!!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family!!!