Notices

*ring ring* try your weekend sober ! 26,27 & 28 april 2013

Old 04-27-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Weekend going good so far. Dog playgroup was 2 much fun! Video taped a lot of it. Got my 3 miles on treadmill done 2. Taking a little break then off 2 find smthng 4 dinner. Hope every1 is having a great one.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

1:15pm here. Just got home from a great bike ride with some gals. Had a blast. Just reminds me that's there's so much more to life!! Planning my evening now with the hubby. Stay at home or go to a movie. Will check in again before evening ends. Hope you're all having a good weekend
Old 04-27-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Blu**ed Lines...A ClockWork SR

So far my Sober Weekend is "trying". Did yard work, walked the dog. Feel like in a little bit of a fog as well as a little edgy. Would have normally had a couple of drinks by now... Oh well, I know it takes time. Drinking a citrus sports drink is giving me visions of adding a little Vodka and hanging out by the pool; so not going to go there. Hope everyone has a great weekend; this thread is helping keep it real for me.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:54 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Saturday ring here. Been staying with my mother out of state for a few days before I take off. Kinda nice, but at the same time staying in someone else's home is always tough for me - my mom's phone is ringing off the hook, went to visit my grandmother the other day, went out to dinner yesterday, babysat my niece, went to Macy's today, cookout tonight, I'm going down to the university campus tomorrow, my cousin just had a baby, now I'm doing laundry...all this news/activity happening as I try and collect myself before a big month-long trip and I'm leaving in just four days. AND I'm not even in my own home. I feel like I just can't think here, I have things to do and lots going on in my own life. Too much happening. Need a break, need privacy, need to gather my wits about me...I'm frazzled!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

It is great to have dreams of doing things on the weekend and actually get them done! Got the ground nice, planted bushes and bulbs, and mulched the front of the house. Laying on my couch listening to birds while checking in to SR before going out to dinner with friends. Hope very one is well!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Looks like I'm in.
I'm going with it.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:19 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Dave42001 the rocky's sound wonderful i hope i get to travel to you guys' continent and see some of it sometime .

Ring me when you come! I'll take care of everything!!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Woo 5 pages on the app already for this thread.

I had a nice friday. Busy so far today. There has been a little beast activity still with the wife gone but nowhere near as bad as yesterday.

Hanging out with family all night tonight which mostly keeps those thoughts at bay.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

So far it's been a sober weekend. Tonight is going to be a sober night but it's been a tough day. After 5 weeks ... BAM! ... the cravings came out of nowhere. Time for a walk, a hot soak, listen to the peeper frogs for a while, and an early bedtime.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yes, I don't miss the hangovers. Was just thinking that at this time last year I was probably already drunk! Going to be relaxing night everyone is else is out shopping and I'm on the computer for a bit and then going upstairs to watch Avatar. I love that movie!
Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bruce292 View Post
So far it's been a sober weekend. Tonight is going to be a sober night but it's been a tough day. After 5 weeks ... BAM! ... the cravings came out of nowhere. Time for a walk, a hot soak, listen to the peeper frogs for a while, and an early bedtime.
What's a peeper frog? I imagine it's a little frog that goes "peep", which sounds kind of nice. Or are you listening to them slowly crawl up the outside of your house so they can peep in your windows? That is a more troubling image...
Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Made it. Have a great one folks!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:29 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Originally Posted by bigsombrero View Post
Or are you listening to them slowly crawl up the outside of your house so they can peep in your windows? That is a more troubling image...
That would be a "peeping frog", very disturbing image indeed.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Keep knocking em out triathlynne
I didn't know how long i'd go for at the begining , 1 week when i was on stand-by for work used to seem like an age .
Now not drinking is my habbit and i've had no thoughts or urges for months .

madhur jaffrey s' lemon chicken and coriander again this week , so yummy wonder if i'll manage to save some for my tiffin box tomorow ?

Have a pleasant sober sunday y'all , M
Old 04-28-2013, 02:18 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It's a lovely sunny Sunday morning here and I feel great to wake up without a hangover. Went to AA early evening yesterday then on to a party where several people were getting VERY drunk indeed. Watching them through sober eyes was an enlightening experience. They looked like idiots and I expect they feel awful hangovers this morning. Fortunately,I had the tools not to do that this weekend - thanks, SR! Going to church now and then off to see my parents. Plan to get another meeting in on Monday evening and then I will report back to my addiction counsellor on Tuesday. Last week, I told him I wanted to drink SO MUCH this weekend but hey, the desire to do so has lifted now and I can really feel the benefits in so many ways.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Hour 51ish and I'm still with you.

Daughter made BLTs last night but I could only manage half the sandwich, so I have the choice of bacon in the leftover half first thing in the morning if I so chose.

Glad I was able to hang out with her for the moments she would allow (she's 15) and that she actually seemed to get some pleasure from being in my company. Drinking would have neutralized that at best, obliterated it at worst.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:45 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Endless , Obladi ,
Glad you're here to join us *ring ring*

M

Last edited by mecanix; 04-28-2013 at 03:46 AM. Reason: worried people might take offence if i don't capitalize the first letter , doh !
Old 04-28-2013, 04:25 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Good to see you here fallow.

Hey m. Lots to share.

I am at the airport again... Did not sleep well at all. So hope the plane is smooth. 4 hours hanging in the air... No net.

Remember to smile today folks.

K
Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I don't have any tatoos, but if I was going to get one...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
bacon tatoo.jpg (44.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-28-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Hour 51ish and I'm still with you.

Daughter made BLTs last night but I could only manage half the sandwich, so I have the choice of bacon in the leftover half first thing in the morning if I so chose.

Glad I was able to hang out with her for the moments she would allow (she's 15) and that she actually seemed to get some pleasure from being in my company. Drinking would have neutralized that at best, obliterated it at worst.
Had a BLT here yesterday too, my mother made one for lunch. Potato salad and coleslaw on the side, tasted like heaven.

More importantly it's touching to hear that you are connecting with your daughter, even if things aren't perfect. I had to rebuild relationships with my family early in my sobriety - trust me, these "small moments" go a long way. They add up. Congrats on having a nice day and I'm glad you were able to spend some time with loved ones.