Notices

*ring ring* try your weekend sober ! 26,27 & 28 april 2013

Old 04-26-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by carlotta View Post
"i'm sure there is a sock monster in my house who likes one of each pair .. I now try to buy several pairs the same but i still end up with odd ones ! Go figure eh ? I try to pursuade myself wearing odd ones together is endearing and mildly excentric rather than being a cheapskate ."

the sock monster is also particularly busy at my house!!! I gave up fighting him a long time ago:
Here are the steps we took, which are suggested as a program of recovery
1) we admitted we were powerless over the sock monster, that our sock drawers had become unmanageable.
2) came to believe that frequent trips to buy socks could restore us to sanity.
3) made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the wholesale socks store as we understood it.
4) made a searching and fearless inventory of our drawers.
5) admitted to the salesperson, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs in doing laundry.
6) were entirely ready to have our washer dryer remove all the stains of our socks.
7) humbly asked the sock makers to please put velcro on socks so we could pair them.
8) made a list of all socks we had lost and became willing to find them under the sofa or in any other locations.
9) made direct efforts to reunite socks whenever possible except when to do so would drive our loved ones crazy.
10) continued to take inventory of our socks and when one was missing promptly admitted it.
11) sought through prayer and meditation to improve our memory, praying only for knowledge of where that one expensive mohair sock could be and the courage to rummage through our drawers to find it.
12) having had a complete nervous breakdown as a result of those steps, we tried to carry the messages to others that the sock monster exist and cannot be thwarted or defeated.

:p
genius
Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by john44 View Post
I'm in.

Hey, it just hit me....90 days today!!!
congratulations john!!!!!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Carlotta, sobriety CAN be hilarious!
Thank you for that!!!

I made it thru Friday night (it was tough) and hoping the rest
of the weekend will be downhill.

Count me in.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'll join. It is going to be a tough weekend; my first at home (not a happy place) since a 2-week rehab.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Checking in from Rehoboth Beach, De on day 28. This is CDA's annual serenity weekend and it will be full days of meetings and workshops. Good place to stay sober!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Saturday morning here in the UK ,
Nice to see so many choosing sobriety this weekend ,

*ring ring* @ :-

1stthingsfirt ,

Carlotta (so funnny reading that thanks ) ,

soopy99 ,

ElegantlyWasted ( i always thought i was but the big red face, sweats and slurry talking pointed to a different conclusion ! ) ,

Hello triathlynne hows things going today ? ,

Non good to see you ,

raja12 ,

Coldfusion ,

LDT that sounds so great jazz in neworleans ,

hey rainyengland ,

BuddinUK ,

thenewguy , wow i think i remember when you started .. way to go

Dave42001 the rocky's sound wonderful i hope i get to travel to you guys' continent and see some of it sometime .

endlesspatience good choices

OneLessLonely gardening sounds wonderful , i'd like one, one day

Fallow i'm so glad you stayed with us this weekend , i gave up experimenting as it seemed to open a door where id be ok for maybe weeks or months but eventually i'd be on blackout again ..

Hey GhostFace here's to the 5

soberclover ,

john44 that great respect to the 90 keep on

Skyjumper , my mate said once to stick the beast in a box and snuff out the holes , remeber the usual excusess if you feel you need them , being on anti-biotics , on a diet or health riegeme , my AV was quite punctual and predictable ..

LadyinBC nice weekend ,

InNeedOfGrace glad you're with us and that you got through the week

EndStage day 36

bigsombrero you're so cool traveling around

isinganyway,

April14 nice to see you with us , glad you got through friday too *ring ring* wooOOOooo

Pamel you've got all of us here on SR , great thing about the internet is it dosn't matter where you are .. stay stong it's great having you around

Happyfeet , nice .

Happy sober saturday everyone , or at the very least have a sober saturday , you deserve to give yourself the gift of sobriety , dontcha think ?

M
Old 04-27-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Ahhhh, hangover-free Saturday mornings are awesome. Checking in from the Lowcountry. Dirt biking, kayak fishing for spots (red drums), and road cycling are on the agenda. Spring has sprung! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:35 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Staying on course for the weekend here in SE Arizona. I'll check in again on Monday.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:48 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Morning guys, where is weasel and Nons?
I've had an exhausting week being sick. Was off yesterday, running around listening to my daughters "Drama de Jour", her husband must have infinite patience...i am so grateful that she lives 55 miles away, because she makes me itch! I could see drinking after spending too much time with her. She's broke, in the middle of grad school and living in a house under construction due to the recent hurricane....but she lives on a beach! Life aint that bad!
I was invited to a "bacon roast" last evening but turned down the invite...(it was a church function)
Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Woke up sober this morning. Pray I do tomorrow as well. Being alone in a hotel on a weekend is a bit of a trigger for me. But, my wife threw me out, so I have no choice of where I need to stay, but I do have a choice about how I take care of myself while here. One sip of booze, and I dont know where it may end.

Today I will be apartment searching, going by the office to do some work, and hit a AA meeting. Overall, I consider myself lucky to be where I am. It could be worse.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm in. LOVE hangover free Saturday mornings with my little people.

I have developed arthritis in my foot from a bad break 5 years ago. I am hobbling around, can't work out, but I am okay. I am sober, and that is more important than anything.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Hey! Don't forget me! I may not be in town but I am doing well.

Ring ring!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Weasel is out and about from NYC , traveling , i hope he's ok as well , i'm sure he'll check in soon ,

Nons posted about bacon yesterday, i secretly wonder if he's married to ... or his daughter is Kim Pfanebecker 2013 bacon queen from the bacon queen pagent , des moines IA ?
Old 04-27-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

whilst i was writing look who showed up *ring ring* @ weasel
Old 04-27-2013, 07:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone. Saturday morning here. I am so pleased to announce that i have a whole lot of nothing to do today. I think I will get creative and do Yard Art stuff. ( I dont have a yard, but I can do stuff for the balcony) Future backyard is coming!! I hope everyone has a fabulous sober weekend!
Old 04-27-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Ring Ring. 37 day check in.
This morning I went to Celebrate Recovery. My first meeting in years. This one I actually stayed.
Well, stayed until they said you are free to go, but please we encourage you to stay, fellowship, and get to know those around you. Did I stay? No I split.
My first thought was, "there is a bar only a few blocks away..." WAIT, WHAT??? I just came from a CR meetings and that was my first thought? Yup. So what do I do, I go to my truck and sit there for a half hour. I ended up calling a friend of mine, who has been in sobriety for a few years, and I tell her what i'm doing. All she said was, "guuuurl... Go back in, find someone who you heard has a similar back ground and ask them to sit down and talk with you. Go..." and next thing I realize, she had hung up the phone. After a while, I got the courage to go back in and find the one leader, in whom I heard her story and I asked to her talk. Needless to say, my anxiety lifted. It was a rough day because when I go to meetings, my first thought it, "I'm nothing like these people. They have more issues than me. I'm all good. I've got this!" Well, I do not got this nor an I any better than anyone else struggling.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:58 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 3 check in, going to do laundry and go to a baseball game, completely sober!
Old 04-27-2013, 12:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Ring Ring

Noonish on Saturday. It is raining so the trip to the Japanese gardens is off but I got to do my laundry (did not lose any socks lol )and play my game.
Am going to the women s group this afternoon and will watch Oz with my friend tonight. It was a great laid back hangover free morning
Congrats to everyone who is checking in and having a sober week end and if you slipped, today is a new day so why not get back on the saddle right now?
Old 04-27-2013, 12:29 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I'm here!

Last night the wife and I had a Downton Abbey marathon so we could finish season 3 before she goes on travel next week.

I was about to get out of bed first thing this morning, but I got a better offer.

Then I had class this morning until noon.

Then I started busting out some deck work because the weather is pretty good. But I am not as young as I used to be so I took a break to catch up on my SR reading.

OK, back to work! We are entertaining in 2 weeks, and the deck needs to be done!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Ring, ring!

Two bells and all's well!

Went to an AA meeting this morning, then most of the group went out to breakfast, then I met with my sponsor, and now am here at SR. If all that doesn't keep me from drinking, nothing will!