SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   *ring ring* try your weekend sober ! 26,27 & 28 april 2013 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/292741-ring-ring-try-your-weekend-sober-26-27-28-april-2013-a.html)

mecanix 04-26-2013 11:19 AM

*ring ring* try your weekend sober ! 26,27 & 28 april 2013

Hi Guys and Gals ,

It's the weekend and i haven't seen a weekend thread whilst i was picking through the threads .

So here it is , i hope you come join me in aspiring to have a sober weekend , i'm going to make my way slow and steady till monday , I don't do dramas just steady as we go .

The idea was to offer a tangental form of support just as a bit of a "touch base" and check in , if you want full on support SR style then start a thread .. whilst also giving a window for people to see what a sober weekend is like ( sober weekends are not THAT scarry honest ;) and if you can't trust the word of some stranger from off the interweb then who can you trust ? )

I have my sober bike out , it's not a race and the only destination is sober beach where the living is easy .. lets get going eh ?

*ring ring*

hugs, M

1stthingsfirst 04-26-2013 11:27 AM

Count me in!

Carlotta 04-26-2013 11:27 AM

I will join you on the sober week end thread :)
Right now I am working from home and often I get called to work on the week end.
The weather is beautiful here and I am thinking about going to the Japanese gardens if it stays that way. I'll just bring a book and a sandwich and my camera.
Otherwise I have a meeting planned for everyday of the week, tomorrow afternoon is my women's group and Sunday night my home group's business meeting then anniversary meeting where I'll receive my 90 day chip and gorge myself on banana cake:)
In the downtime I enjoy playing Gardens of Time on playdom (love to build my little garden, I know it is kind of OCD but who said I was well? LOL). Of course I will also check SR.
I am also thinking about watching the new movie "Oz the Great and Powerful" with my friend.

Wishing everyone a good and sober week end.

PS: oh yeah and I also need to do some laundry (bummer) and every Sunday morning is my work meeting where I touch base with my colleagues.

soopy99 04-26-2013 11:35 AM

Looking forward to another sober weekend: no AV, you may not go to the Friday afternoon office cocktail hour.

ElegantlyWasted 04-26-2013 11:37 AM

I'm in. Thanks for starting this thread. Party Sober... I think that means try to have some fun w/out the booz etc.

triathlynne 04-26-2013 11:44 AM

I'm in. It will be my 1st sober weekend since DECEMBER if I manage thru it.

mecanix 04-26-2013 11:45 AM

I have a pile of laundry to do too, being an engineer is a messy business !

I'm sure there is a sock monster in my house who likes one of each pair .. i now try to buy several pairs the same but i still end up with odd ones ! go figure eh ? I try to pursuade myself wearing odd ones together is endearing and mildly excentric rather than being a cheapskate .

*ring ring*

M

Nonsensical 04-26-2013 11:46 AM

http://www.clubglow.com/blog/wp-cont...on-400x300.jpg
In With 2 Rings and a Sizzle.

triathlynne 04-26-2013 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Nonsensical (Post 3937430)
In With 2 Rings and a Sizzle.

Ha. I just ate a bacon sandwich! Yum.

Nonsensical 04-26-2013 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by triathlynne (Post 3937426)
I'm in. It will be my 1st sober weekend since DECEMBER when I manage thru it.

Fixed your post, mate!

triathlynne 04-26-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Nonsensical (Post 3937432)
Fixed your post, mate!

Aaaaahhh. Thank you :). Much better.

mecanix 04-26-2013 11:51 AM

I hope you do too triathlynne,

Sobriety, the difficult bit always seems to be at the begining !

triathlynne 04-26-2013 11:52 AM

I've realized today I have to switch to decaf.

raja12 04-26-2013 11:55 AM

Ok sign me up. Had a busy day, and I've got plans for the whole weekend. Dog playgroup 2mrrw am 2. Shld be fun. Moms 78th bday Sunday. Probably going out to dinnere. A lot of other things to keep me busy, that don't involve drinking. Have a great weekend every1. happyface:

triathlynne 04-26-2013 12:02 PM

I am keeping myself occupied and tiring myself out by tackling our yard. Aka jungle b

Coldfusion 04-26-2013 12:13 PM

Happy sober weekend to all! Especially my neighbor Lynne from down south there--in the long run, it's easier to not drink than to drink...

Mecanix, all my socks are various shades of gray. Sometimes they don't quite match, but they always look okay...

I got some mowing done yesterday, will be into the garden to do some weeding today. Tomorrow is morning AA meeting followed by sponsor's meeting...

Aloha
!

CF

LDT 04-26-2013 12:23 PM

A sober weekend at the New Orleans Jazz Festival..... Coming right up !

rainyengland 04-26-2013 12:39 PM

I'm in !!..fun fair down the road so taking kiddos there at weekend ! Hook a duck !

Carlotta 04-26-2013 12:43 PM

"I'm sure there is a sock monster in my house who likes one of each pair .. i now try to buy several pairs the same but i still end up with odd ones ! go figure eh ? I try to pursuade myself wearing odd ones together is endearing and mildly excentric rather than being a cheapskate ."

The sock monster is also particularly busy at my house!!! I gave up fighting him a long time ago:
Here are the steps we took, which are suggested as a program of recovery
1) We admitted we were powerless over the sock monster, that our sock drawers had become unmanageable.
2) Came to believe that frequent trips to buy socks could restore us to sanity.
3) Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the wholesale socks store as we understood it.
4) Made a searching and fearless inventory of our drawers.
5) Admitted to the salesperson, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs in doing laundry.
6) Were entirely ready to have our washer dryer remove all the stains of our socks.
7) Humbly asked the sock makers to please put velcro on socks so we could pair them.
8) Made a list of all socks we had lost and became willing to find them under the sofa or in any other locations.
9) Made direct efforts to reunite socks whenever possible except when to do so would drive our loved ones crazy.
10) Continued to take inventory of our socks and when one was missing promptly admitted it.
11) Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our memory, praying only for knowledge of where that one expensive mohair sock could be and the courage to rummage through our drawers to find it.
12) Having had a complete nervous breakdown as a result of those steps, we tried to carry the messages to others that the sock monster exist and cannot be thwarted or defeated.

:P

rainyengland 04-26-2013 12:47 PM

Lol -nuts Carlotta !

Funny!