Notices

Detox day one almost over

Old 04-23-2013, 05:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Changeme: I will make sure I take it tomorrow, I'm not happy right now. But I will not drink tonight...for sure. My 25 year old daughter knows I'm quitting and I don't want to disappoint her.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
MBM

I have been sober for one week and two days and that is exactly what I keep thinking. I really really think I could have one or two drinks at some upcoming events.... A dinner with friends and a wedding that will have lots of people we know. No one except 4 people know I am trying to do this. No one else thinks I have a problem. What can I tell myself to stay strong?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
MBM

Question Can I drink again?

I have been sober for a little over a week and I feel confident I could have a drink if I went out. I don't trust myself to have any at home. Has anyone been able to do this?
Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I went to an AA meeting last night and will goto another tonight
Old 04-24-2013, 07:21 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

MBM, how are you doing?
Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
MBM

April14, Thank you for asking! Last night was tough. I kept thinking of all these situations coming up...one is tonight....where I will be around others drinking. Tonight will be the first time since I quit. I plan to be strong tonight....but I am sad to think I will NEVER get to enjoy wine again. I don't know how to get past that.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

silver and April how are you doing today >?
Old 04-24-2013, 05:07 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

MBM, don't give in, don't give up...wine is a liar, it's poison & you'll be so disappointed in yourself. It isn't worth it. We are all doing this together, hang in there.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Changeme, I'm doing great. Taking my vitamins, saw my counselor today, staying busy, eating healthy. You all have been on my mind today. I hope you are staying strong. You have been a wonderful encourager.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

that is great I am glad to here it , I just got back from an AA meeting with my sponsor .Tomorrow is day 7 for me . I am concerned about 2-3 week mark that is when I seem to have the most issues. I am seeing a marked improvement in my mental state. I am going to work and doing some very technical work and taking a course for an IT certification now. So much to live for I just REFUSE to let this poison ruin my life and kill me !!!I think I have step 1 of AA accepted I AM powerless over Alcohol. I attempted to measure out my drinks and FAILED .Once it is in my body I am hooked and will drink until there is no more alcohol , I am to sick to drink it or I am in the emergency room.

Keep up the good work April I will be checking in on you !! this IS possible you just need to bring every resource you can to bear on this issue.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:57 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Silver Otter what happened to you?
Old 04-25-2013, 03:58 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

day 7 starts. may I stay sober today , good luck today April and MBM today , I think we lost Otter!
Old 04-25-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
MBM

Good morning April and Changeme! I was suppose to go to a dinner with friends who drink last night ...I was totally dressed and ready and I started feeling really sick on the way there and had my husband bring me back home. Wonder if God intervened because he knew I wasn't ready. I was bummed because I was even having a good hair day....;

Today is Day 11! Seems like a long time to me but to others they say it hasn't been very long....
Old 04-25-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

MBM: good for you , I think day 11 is too soon to go to a situation like that , but I am not an expert . I think it would be wise to remove yourself from that kind of thing for at least a month . Day 7 was great for me I studied for an IT certification that my boss wants me to get. my mind is operating better all the time now .

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK , I am right behind you just 4 days , even if you drink please post .

I hope Otter is in inpatient and cant get to the internet or ?????

April how is your day ?
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Change, thank you. I'm doing great, however I have brain fog & headaches. Wish I felt as mentally sharp as you are. Regardless, my liver must be happy!

My 11 year old sniffed at my glass last night to make sure it had no alcohol in it before she stole a few sips...it breaks my heart that she has do do that. She had asked me a couple times to stop drinking, but I couldn't.
I've had a painful ending of my marriage, I used alcohol to cope, medicate, numb...I cannot continue to abuse myself. I deserve better.
All of us deserve better. We only have this one body, this one life. I am strongly leaning on The Lord for strength, trusting Him to pull me out of my mess.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Simply Grateful

Day 3 for me! Vitamins do help. Just in general I find that if I'm not taking vitamins I feel sluggish.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:28 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

April , religion can really help , keep busy what ever you do . I am to tired to goto the AA meeting I wanted to goto tonight , but another day with out a drink. I am in constant contact with my mom she has 11 years. One thing is if you drink just pick up the pieces and move on. Any reduction in alcohol is good of course the goal is zero , but things happen. your liver will be able to heal itself , but I am getting a liver panel test I think next week to see what the damages are. I have read that there are some supplements that you can take to help. Did you ever take that naltrexone?

have you been able to get to any AA meetings?

take care April another day another victory !

looking forward to day 8
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

one other thing I am doing is getting in contact with an old co-worker of mine who DOES NOT DRINK. we are going to start hanging out together more
Old 04-25-2013, 06:44 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
MBM

Way to go Glass Cat!!

I have found it critical that I stay busy around 5:00...my usual wine time. Walk, yoga or cook....just not be idle!!

What good things have you noticed about not drinking?
I am sleeping better, I love not waking up hating myself or feeling guilty and I am glad I remember the night before!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:53 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Great to hear everyone's doing well I'm now through the med detox, guess the hard work starts here. Mood swings like crazy at the moment going to aa tonight. Back to gp to discuss naltrexone last night I was really craving so just got mad and angry instead then went to bed. No more Valium for me , my appetite seems back to normal ish just a bit flat . Well done everyone xxx