Notices

Long sober weekend thread

Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
I am baking scalloped potatoes with provolone and possibly a few sliced of BACON on top...waddya think?
Sometimes I will put a few slices of potato under 24 strips of bacon. It's not too bad.

Cheese is a no-brainer. I like cheese almost as much as bacon. REAL cheese, not that weird stuff in a Hickory Farms gift pack. That stuff's not quite right.

We are getting sprung early today, so I get a little bit of a long weekend. A few extra hours. I still have to study for my test tomorrow, though. Yuck.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:32 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Oh boy..... Hold on everyone. I just read an article that they are testing out "bacon flavored condoms".

Nuff said on that by me.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

oh my god I am going to go buy some bacon! What is it with bacon lately!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Gonna read, read, read. So happy, off today.

Gonna google funny animal you tubes videos.

Gonna go to meetings all weekend.

Going to a bonfire meeting on Saturday.

Gonna take in lots of recovery.

Gonna enjoy family and life.

Gonna praise God!

It's why I got sober.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

It's after 1am Saturday morning here. I'm going to try to go on a hike during the day. I love hiking!

and BACON! haha!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by Nicholi View Post
It's after 1am Saturday morning here. I'm going to try to go on a hike during the day. I love hiking!

and BACON! haha!
haha and I'm going to love hiking after eating all that bacon!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well, spring seems to be finally springing here in the lowcountry. The temptations to drink may be there but waking up without a hangover on a weekend is way too good of a feeling to mess up with drink.

Kayaking, cycling, fishing and bocce ball on the beach are some of the weekend plans......and a strange urge to smell bacon cooking has come over me.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!
Old 03-29-2013, 11:07 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Fishing? My ears just perked up. Where do you fish, neighbor?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:39 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Fishing? My ears just perked up. Where do you fish, neighbor?
Mostly fishing from a kayak in the shallow salt marsh for spot tails. But sheepshead tacos have been on my mind so might be fishing around piers and bridges.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:41 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I posted this originally in the March thread, but thought it might be beneficial here, to keep the gamers busy:

Calling all you Xbox fiends, Mr Beagle (You might remember him from another thread) and I will be having a few sessions on the Xbox this weekend, if anyone would like to join us PM your gamertag. Mainly Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (as it's the only game we both share) but I'm sure if people want to play other games (Which I'm certain someone will have a copy of), we can have an "Xbox party" and play respective games - for the record I prefer Modern Warfare 2, if anyone wants to team up for a Team Death Match (I invested a lot of time in MW2, when MW3 came out I had already hit the alcohol, so I didn't give it enough love (I.e. I'm not as clued up on the maps), but I'll try my best.

Much love guys.

P.s. nerd alert
Old 03-29-2013, 11:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Like2Hike View Post
Mostly fishing from a kayak in the shallow salt marsh for spot tails. But sheepshead tacos have been on my mind so might be fishing around piers and bridges.
Ah, coastal. I'm up near Clark Hill lake and spend most of my time there or Lake Oconee. Catfish and panfish. I get up to the mountains occasionally for some trout.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:44 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Happy Friday everyone! Day 49! I'm in an incredible mood because it's 60 degrees outside, the birds/squirrels are out, the sun is shining. I felt like a little kid waiting to leave work today and enjoy the outdoors by taking an energizing walk in the woods. I am so grateful to be sober and to be experiencing this day in full clarity.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
Happy Friday everyone! Day 49! I'm in an incredible mood because it's 60 degrees outside, the birds/squirrels are out, the sun is shining. I felt like a little kid waiting to leave work today and enjoy the outdoors by taking an energizing walk in the woods. I am so grateful to be sober and to be experiencing this day in full clarity.
I'm grateful too! Day 8. It's nice to wake up without a hangover and actually get things done! Looking forward to a sober weekend. 45 minutes of work to go then dinner with my wife.

Happy Friday!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Great thread!

Well, like I already previously posted in my other thread I have firm goals now to maintain my sobriety over the weekend but like clockwork in the past, as the hours wind down toward 9:30PM I have to fight with myself all the way on my long trip home from work.

But, I have a plan to occupy my time this weekend:

After work I am going to log about 4-5 miles on the treadmill (too late to run outside). Then bed time sober so that I can wake up tomorrow early to log another outdoor run about 3-4 miles (don't want to overdo it!). Then take my car in for some maintence and then head out on a hike with my fiance.

Have plans to reward myself with a tasty dinner and perhaps a movie with my fiance. Im sure I'll be exhausted after my active day so passing out will be easy tomorrow evening without the aid of booze.

Then, on Sunday Ill have to finally do some grocery shopping of which I am going to force my fiance to come with so that I will not be tempted to linger in the wine aisle. After thats all squared away we'll sneak in another hike as the weather is just gorgeous out here right now. Then, time to cook a fantastic Easter dinner not so much because I am religious but because its a great excuse to cook which I just love to do. Then blissful sober sleep so that I can be up super early for work on Monday.

Btw, don't be suprised if I end up on here begging for encouragement as thats part of my plan too if I find myself caught up in a weak moment.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Checking in for my second sober weekend in a row; I was a binge drinker on Friday nights.

I get depressed about this time, because I can't 'cut loose' at happy hour (and long after) after a busy week. But, hangovers and withdrawals were hurting me something fierce, and it's now or never for some long-term sobriety. Have a nice weekend, everybody.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:19 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

End of day 3. No obsession or desire to get "out of my head"

Sorry Panache, PS3 owner here

Catch you all tomorrow for another day !

Ads
Old 03-29-2013, 03:41 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Must...have...weekend...thread...

Had the weirdest feeling earlier. Actually felt like I'd been drinking. Buzzed. Now it's gone. Weirdness.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Must...have...weekend...thread...

Had the weirdest feeling earlier. Actually felt like I'd been drinking. Buzzed. Now it's gone. Weirdness.
Can be quite common in early recovery. Brain is getting full information instead of screwed up signals It'll pass
Old 03-30-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Morning folks. Good sleep, no sweats

Sun is shining. Might take the camera out and try and find some spring flowers to shoot

What are you all up to today ?

Ads
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Google bacon flavored condoms....yep they are real. Mouthwash too?

People must really love bacon.