Notices

Long sober weekend thread

Old 03-30-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Took my test - it's gonna close.

Picked up some lumber on the way home. By the time I got home it had shifted in the bed of my truck and was half hanging out. Would've sucked to have lost that load on the street. Got it unloaded to my back yard.

Going to meet my Sweetie for lunch and then back to my castle to work on lawn and deck for the afternoon. How did we ever get along without smart phones to arrange such things? Lunch, that is!

RING RING
Old 03-30-2013, 09:08 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

This is day 6 for me. It is absolutely GORGEOUS outside.. sunny days are happy days! Also going to a meeting tonight with my best friend.

I'm excited about going to treatment on monday. It will feel good having 8 days clean when I get there and not having to worry about going through withdrawl.

Hope everyones well!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Have been for a walk on the beach for sobriety-was great! I`ve got 2 weeks off work to give me a headstart without stress as an excuse.
Jason Vales `kick the drink` has arrived too. Spending the night down my Mum`s as I`m twitchy as anything! Going to church with a friend in the morning. Have stocked my fridge up on fresh fruit/fish and juice from the market so I didn`t have to go in the supermarket.
Out with a friend who doesn`t drink Mon& bought paint to paint the house in the week to keep me busy& dug out my running shoes. Also bought a new sketchbook, I`m feeling positive :-)
Old 03-30-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Have been for a walk on the beach for sobriety-was great! I`ve got 2 weeks off work to give me a headstart without stress as an excuse.
Jason Vales `kick the drink` has arrived too. Spending the night down my Mum`s as I`m twitchy as anything! Going to church with a friend in the morning. Have stocked my fridge up on fresh fruit/fish and juice from the market so I didn`t have to go in the supermarket.
Out with a friend who doesn`t drink Mon& bought paint to paint the house in the week to keep me busy& dug out my running shoes. Also bought a new sketchbook, I`m feeling positive :-)
MOTO! (as my son the Marine would say. I surmise that it means "that's so awesome it motivates me!")
Old 03-30-2013, 01:12 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Have done a lot if running this weekend; at this point, even if I wanted a drink I'd be too tired to walk to the store to get it
Old 03-30-2013, 03:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I'm checking in to say that it is Saturday evening and I am not going to drink tonight. I get a little...not sure how to describe it....but I get something when I read posts that people have drank again. It may be that my AV wants to trick me in to thinking that I can drink because others do and then they get back on board again. The reality for me is that I cannot drink. I am somewhat triggered tonight as I'm with my bf and he was drinking earlier today but isn't now. I will share with him that I'm a little anxious right now but I'm feeling confident that I will open my eyes on Sunday morning with a smile. Keep up the great work people!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Happy Easter! At my hinting/urging/groveling, Mrs Non is going to make one of my other favorite porcine delights tomorrow - ham. My hamming binges might even be worse than my drinking binges used to be.

It was a very productive day today. I hope to be only partially productive tomorrow. I need to screw around some on the weekends, too!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Happy Easter folks

Was a beautiful day yesterday. I cleaned more of flat, eat well and walked on the beach in the afternoon. The sun even came out for a bit

Have a good Sunday
Old 03-31-2013, 04:25 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AdanteFornax View Post
Happy Easter folks

Was a beautiful day yesterday. I cleaned more of flat, eat well and walked on the beach in the afternoon. The sun even came out for a bit

Have a good Sunday
Wait...what? Those pictures are where you LIVE? You have no idea how jealous I am of your location. I don't think I'd spend a single waking minute indoors if I lived there!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:35 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
Wait...what? Those pictures are where you LIVE? You have no idea how jealous I am of your location. I don't think I'd spend a single waking minute indoors if I lived there!
Yes, sorry

How's the weekend going folks ? Seems like a few have dropped from this thread ...
Old 04-01-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi, the weekends going ok for me. I hope it is for you too. Cravings are killing me so trying to get out walking-going for a walk in the countryside with a friend this afternoon. I do sometimes feel like I'm going nuts when I feel desperate for a drink-but it does eventually pass. Reading is helping distract me too.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:20 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Those photos are really good by the way :-)
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

A friend told me a little trick for the cravings. Drink chamomile tea with honey in. Seems to work Enjoy your walk this afternoon
Old 04-01-2013, 01:53 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks for the tip-I'll definitely give that a go. Have a good day:-)
Old 04-01-2013, 03:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Cravings are killing me....
As you've no doubt discovered since posting this, cravings can't kill you.

They are a big pain in the rumpus, though. Good job staying strong all weekend!

Had a great sober weekend. Let's keep it going for a good week!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I had a fairly craptastic easter, but i did go to church and enjoyed the service, took communion, (stuck my tongue in tiny thimble of wine). I planted some starter pots with herbs and made pesto rubbed lamb chops...ate 6 marshmellow peeps too. I like them stale and crunchy.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:38 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

The tickes to the band i wanted to see were all sold out so i did a load of x-boxing .. made a chilli using lentils and minced olives rather than beef , with butter beans , cannelini and red kidney beans , Sooo yummy ... right back to a difficult bit on x-box ..

TTFN , M
Old 04-02-2013, 06:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Well, I made it. Did you ?

Just got back in from work. Waking up after a bank holiday weekend without a hangover is pretty awesome I can say. A few at work didn't make it in. I wonder how their weekends went !