Notices

Long sober weekend thread

Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Count me in!! I spent St. Patty's day at my parents and drank a bottle of Irish whiskey that my mother had bought for everyone to share. e m a r r a s s i n g. I'm going to the house again for Easter. If I drink there again I'm pretty sure they will have me committed. Ugh . . . nothing like embarrassing yourself in front of your parents (and I'm nearly 50 years old).
Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Easter weekend, 2013.

Have you got what it takes to stay sober?
I hope so - I'm only one month in so I should be OK. Had my doubts earlier and felt upset but over it now and moving forward. Goodluck to you
Old 03-28-2013, 01:45 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Feels like Friday already. I always get that party mindset. Guess cuz I am excited for the weekend. Only now I get excited because I will have so much time and energy. I have a list of things to do. Made sure I made it early in the week while I had a clear head. When it comes the weekend I always seem to "forget" the list since my AV wants me to see nothing but one option. Ha! Got that beat.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well, first part of extended weekend over with. 10.7 miles cycled in 52 minutes. Awesome meeting, some great shares and connection with fellows. Small meeting, only 9 of us but it's candlelight and well, just wow

Oh, and got a lift back so legs saved the return trip !!!

Sleep is beckoning and no obsession or desire to drink myself into oblivion

Keep it up folks, ODAAT
Old 03-28-2013, 02:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I'll be playing DC Universe Online when not tending to canine needs, wishes, and whims. Also seeing my partners' parents on Sunday.

My hero characters are Anura, Celtic Son, and Stonewall Man and my villan character is Banshee Rage, just in case anyone else plays DC Universe Online and wants to team-up and/or fight.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Northlander View Post
I'll be playing DC Universe Online when not tending to canine needs, wishes, and whims. Also seeing my partners' parents on Sunday.

My hero characters are Anura, Celtic Son, and Stonewall Man and my villan character is Banshee Rage, just in case anyone else plays DC Universe Online and wants to team-up and/or fight.
Hey Norrhlander I'm a gamer but haven't heard of this? But assume it's DC comics? What the gist?
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You can play for free, or if you are a superhero geek like me, pay for a membership which has a few perks. Just google DC Universe Online for the link and download the game -- it takes a while. Graphics are fun and you get to interact with Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, etc. Basically it is heroes vs. villians for control of Earth.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders

Well, good sleep, woke up and got on my knees for a while and all good so far

How's your morning going ?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

I plan on having a sober weekend. Buying easter candy for my grandkids today and then taking my granddaughter to a movie on Saturday. Sunday helping her look for her eggs.

I am very thankful I am going to be sober this year on Easter weekend. My first one in about 6 years.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:07 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Supermarket shopping for the weekend today , although they are open sat & monday .
Have a pile of washing to do and need to sort out my wardrobes .

Small things maybe, but part of my recovery has been looking for those small things i can do that give a "pay off" each and every day and improve my quality of life every day .

* ring ring * M
Old 03-29-2013, 03:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning! *ring ring*

Slow start to today. Lazy already and I just got up!

Good to see so many this weekend!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

What's this? I am working when many others have this Friday off? Oh the humanity!

Have a great long weekend, peeps!
Old 03-29-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am working to non. You have way more time off than me. But then again you are always busy.... I don't know... Say ... widdling a gazebo outta a single piece of wood?

Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

watching the Today show, they are talking about BACON (flavored mouthwash)....mmmmm!

I am baking scalloped potatoes with provolone and possibly a few sliced of BACON on top...waddya think?

baking this dish early as i have to drive it down to my daughters house. it's a 3 day weekend for moi, plus jury duty next week...the courthouse is next to my office so it's like going to work, but getting out early.
i don't dare copy the pic, but my nephew just posted bacon flavored condoms on his fb page...i snorted my coffee through my nose when i saw it.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
All is Change

Managed to not change a hose on the radiator as well as not filling the auto trans and engine oil. The engine's a bit worn, almost 400.000 k's so far, I'm going to see if I can get it to 600. I think it's possible and I have heard a story of someone doing it. That means I'm going to have to stay alive at least another two years, possibly if I can moderate the3 driving that can theoretically at the other extreme demand at least 20 more years. I know that's doable. Otherwise, hmmm... Was a bit late to the shops today. I was going to get a copy of a latest linux mag with a number of distros on it to try out. Oh well, I'll have to wait till monday.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hi Peeps

Old 03-29-2013, 06:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Absolutely bereft on the bacon front today guys. In my house on Good Friday we are not allowed to eat meat, we're not overly religious it's just tradition.

Anyone else partaking in the same? Had to settle for an egg sandwich it just wasn't the same
Old 03-29-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 03-29-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Trach! I used to work for L.L.Bean in Maine for a good number of years. That is so damn cool! Where did you get the pic from?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I found it through a backpacking forum I frequent. It's on facebook.