Notices

Im not going to drink today

Old 02-25-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Anna. In no way do I see this as my husbands fault!!! I cried myself to sleep last night after i got honest with Him about sneaking extra pills, i hate being Such a burden. I'm just referring to the fact that addicts will find their anywhere. In no way do I mean what you think I mean.

I haven't had a drink in a about 3 days and have decided to go inpatient. Some won't take me because my intake of benzos is too high so I'll have to go medical. Hubby is taking time off so I can do this.

Our town is currently isolated by floodwater but I'm going to see if there is still a way to get my counseling and gp appointments today.

Welcome argieboy and good luck!
Old 02-25-2013, 01:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are going to go into a facility MLC. It's also good news your husband is taking time off to look after the children. you would never forgive yourself if something happened to one of them whilst they are with you and you are under the influence. They need and deserve someone who can take care of them safely-you will be able to do this again once you are clean and sober. Hope your flood waters reduce and you can get to your apps.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Behold the power of NO

Congrats on your decision MLC. That's the best thing you can do for yourself, your babies and your husband.
Wishing you the best.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thanks all
Old 02-26-2013, 11:44 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Howdy MLC

Howdy MLC

Sorry to hear you are struggling so. I wish there was an easy fix to our conditions, but there isn't.

Today is day 116 with no booze, pot or pills. The PAWS have subsided, I am detaching from a toxic relationship that has been going on for 9 years, and I am taking things one day at a time. I try to make 7-10 AA meetings a week, I have a sponsor (that I rarely see, but I leave phone messages most every day), and I started seeing a therapist to work out some of the extra crap that runs around in my head.

Life is so much better these days. I can hardly believe the extent of denial that I was living in. I hope you find a way to work through your troubles.

I never believed that it was either sobriety or a bitter, painful end. Now I am starting to believe. The shakes, sweats and hallucinations have disappeared. The mild confusion comes and goes, along with the headaches and empty feelings, but those are temporary.

Best wishes in the recovery....you can make it...we all can make it...
Old 02-26-2013, 05:01 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Glad to hear things are looking up and laws is easing. I am not looking forward to going on benzos again but for now it looks like it won't be for a few months. I just have to not dirnk or take other drugs.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Benzos, in my opinion, are much worse than alcohol. The withdrawal seems to last forever.

I cold turkeyed 9 months ago, I still get withdrawal spells here and there. From about 2mg of lorazepam a day.

If the benzos are prescribed, I recommend doing a slow taper, and not eventually going c/t like I did. It was a hellish first few months.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

sad....truly sad...hopelessness kills
Old 02-26-2013, 07:45 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bigndfan175 View Post
sad....truly sad...hopelessness kills
Huh?
Old 02-26-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zalfa View Post
Benzos, in my opinion, are much worse than alcohol. The withdrawal seems to last forever.

I cold turkeyed 9 months ago, I still get withdrawal spells here and there. From about 2mg of lorazepam a day.

If the benzos are prescribed, I recommend doing a slow taper, and not eventually going c/t like I did. It was a hellish first few months.
Yeah. I cold turkeyed benzos before, just last year from about 50mg valium. Never again. They will put me in hospital for the first couple of weeks when the time comes this tkme and then a very slow taper from there.

They can't really prescribe me alcohol to keep me from feeling suicidal!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:02 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

MLC - maybe you could blog - I know it helps me to read what others have to say. Talk about how much your kids mean to you, the last joke one of them told you, the ups and downs, the struggles, the hope...I feel like its great therapy.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I've thought about blogging.

I'm still inerested in your above statement? I'm not hopeless. Feels that way sometimes.