Notices

Im not going to drink today

Old 02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Then you should be in an ER. That seems clear.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Yeah that's what they said. Not er but medical detox. I'm working on it right now.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midlifecrisis View Post
They are ok as in safe. As far as me being absent emotionally I know they are not.

I just called detox. They won't take me as my benzo intake is too high.
Midlife, it's the end of the weekend which is when detox units can be quite busy, I'm sure you can imagine after a weekend, right?

Try again in a couple of days, they may have room for you then. Keep trying, don't give up, okay?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:26 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post

Midlife, it's the end of the weekend which is when detox units can be quite busy, I'm sure you can imagine after a weekend, right?

Try again in a couple of days, they may have room for you then. Keep trying, don't give up, okay?
It's not the room, it's the lack of med staff to deal with the dose I'm taking and withdrawal
Old 02-24-2013, 06:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I wound up in full blown Benzo withdrawal back in 2005. Not a big dose but 1mg-2mg of ativan at night for 2 years, then had surgery, where they gave me versed, which sent me into withdrawal that night. In the previous 2 years I never had any w/d symptoms. But that night my Heart rate went up to about 150, and all the cns overstimulation you could ask for. I waited 2 weeks to get into rehab and tried to get by on as low of a dose as I could. When I got into treatment, they used Serax, and put me on a really HIGH dose (45mg) 4 times a day. That high dose made me feel better. Then it was tapered it down every 3 days or so. It took about 18 days to get completely off it, and IT WAS NOT FUN. Head zaps (cns electricity), stomach growling, etc. If anyone is in that situation where their heart is racing, I think you're going to need a long medical detox.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

MLC,
I'm glad you're working on it. You said you will run out of pills pretty soon. You don't want to go through withdrawals that way....so keep working on it.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:01 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yeah that's what they said. Not er but medical detox. I'm working on it right now.
That is great news...that you are taking action. You and only you can fix this, please do what you know in your heart is right.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

They are ok as in safe. As far as me being absent emotionally I know they are not.

I just called detox. They won't take me as my benzo intake is too high.
I'm so glad you are trying to get help MLC. Don't quit okay? I know when I needed help because of dangerous withdrawls from strong opiates,methadone one of them. It was labor day weekend,which is a holiday here in U.S.I could'nt get in at detox either. I was at the hospital,I had to call 911 emerjency number because I thought I was gonna die. When there, I told them what I take so they could help me, knowing the truth. They took different tests and found I was dangerously low on salts to function right. I was so dehydrated from drinking, to help with drug withdrawl.That I drank so much water I washed out alot of salt in my body. Anyway to make a long story short,I called a phone number in the phone book cause there was no help where I lived. I went across the U.S.from Washington state to Florida,a 12 hour flight,to a detox treatment center.I did'nt have to pay for trip before hand. Of course my husband's insurance covered half.And I had no kids living with me.I don't know your curcumstances with help for medical expenses,and if you can have a family member who can watch your kids for a little while.Do you have a treatment center close by?Maybe they have one with a detox where you can go short term? Just a thought.Or do you need to have someone other than hubby to hold and despense your med.to level that will let you into detox? Sorry this was so long to read. And I know you can do this MLC and I know your kids need for you to do this.GOOD LUCK
Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pondlady View Post
MLC,
I'm glad you're working on it. You said you will run out of pills pretty soon. You don't want to go through withdrawals that way....so keep working on it.
I know. I'm scared. I've been through it before and there is morning worse. We are about to be cut off from all towns around us too
Old 02-24-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post

That is great news...that you are taking action. You and only you can fix this, please do what you know in your heart is right.
Thanks
Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sobersonja View Post

I'm so glad you are trying to get help MLC. Don't quit okay? I know when I needed help because of dangerous withdrawls from strong opiates,methadone one of them. It was labor day weekend,which is a holiday here in U.S.I could'nt get in at detox either. I was at the hospital,I had to call 911 emerjency number because I thought I was gonna die. When there, I told them what I take so they could help me, knowing the truth. They took different tests and found I was dangerously low on salts to function right. I was so dehydrated from drinking, to help with drug withdrawl.That I drank so much water I washed out alot of salt in my body. Anyway to make a long story short,I called a phone number in the phone book cause there was no help where I lived. I went across the U.S.from Washington state to Florida,a 12 hour flight,to a detox treatment center.I did'nt have to pay for trip before hand. Of course my husband's insurance covered half.And I had no kids living with me.I don't know your curcumstances with help for medical expenses,and if you can have a family member who can watch your kids for a little while.Do you have a treatment center close by?Maybe they have one with a detox where you can go short term? Just a thought.Or do you need to have someone other than hubby to hold and despense your med.to level that will let you into detox? Sorry this was so long to read. And I know you can do this MLC and I know your kids need for you to do this.GOOD LUCK
I don't want any other family
Members to know. My inlaws are so judgemental and my own parents went through enough when I was an iv drug user. It's never spoken a out now, like
It
Never happened.

I was thinking of trying to taper down and then go to detox. I need to get down to a quarter of what I'm on though (
Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay safe MLC.

D
Old 02-24-2013, 08:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

MLC,I could'nt taper myself and I was wondering if you have a good sober friend who could hold the meds for you ?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

My husband will. He needs to better at hiding them though.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I can't so it myself

Either! Complete opposite to natural instinct which says more not less. Computer says no!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

MLC, I hope the floods don't prevent you from getting to your appointment today, and am praying you get help for a "planned" withdrawal . Be safe.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks. It's 9.30pm Monday night here so I will

See what I wake up to
Old 02-25-2013, 03:40 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Oppps....early Monday morning here! Get some rest
Old 02-25-2013, 03:43 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thnks
Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you stop seeing this situation as your husband needs to do a better job of hiding the pills. This is your responsibility and you won't get better until you take responsibility for your actions.

And, I think it's more important to have your children cared for safely, than worrying about whether family members will be judgemental. Don't worry about what they think. Do the right thing for your children.

Please take action and stay safe.