Notices

Our Sober Weekend Together! Feb 1 - 3! Check In

Old 02-01-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Our Sober Weekend Together! Feb 1 - 3! Check In

These weekend threads are helpful to me. I look forward to hearing what everyone and how everyone is doing.

I plan to take an hour or so each day for only me. Go to a store... read my book... what ever but focus only on me.

I plan to practice replacing negative self talk with positive affirmations. Or at least try to catch myself if I attempt to set up a drinking opportunity. I know them when I see them. Its the choice to ignore them or squash them that makes the difference.

I am going to a local LGBT meeting tonight. First one like that I could find around here so should be interesting. Looking forward to it actually. Its a step meeting. Not my favorite type but what the heck huh?

If you are not so hopeful... if you are filled with doubt... then you are in the right place.

Weekends are a day ending in Y and that's all they are.

Looking to hear from you!

Ken
Old 02-01-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Thanks, Weasel, Nonsensical checking in.

Working today and then grocery store on my way home.

Then the wife and I have dinner with her boss and his wife this evening. He's a big drinker, but I don't expect to have trouble saying 'no thanks'. It's a social event, and I am most definitely a non-social drinker.

Saturday morning I have a 3-hour exam for the class I have been taking, and I don't want to waste that.
Saturday afternoon a contractor is coming to do some work on my house. Last time he was here I was wasted to the point he'd have to be blind to not notice. Don't want to repeat that.

Sunday morning I plan to go to church,
Afternoon do some work on my numerous home projects
Evening watch the Supebowl. We are going to call in sick to the Superbowl party we were invited to. That's a crowd I would definitely have trouble saying 'no thanks' around. Gotta avoid for now. Plan on making some chili and homemade jalepeno poppers ( ) and washing them down with some diet ginger ale.

I'll be checking in here from time to time as well!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great idea, Weasel. There are a lot of things I want to do this weekend and none can be accomplished while being drunk or hungover. Hope everyone has a wonderful and securely sober weekend!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey weasel great thread,,
today im making cupcakes ,, tommorow im decorating the beach hut, and sunday its my daughters birthday,, so will be bbq ing,,and playing silly games on the beach.
so,, thats my wknd pretty much sorted,,dont want to drink,,and aint gonna.
be strong sr'ers,,, the wknd is no different to the week days , as weasel stated above xxx
lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-01-2013, 05:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm just a week sober, so planning to take baby steps...today's mission is go intgo town and get my eyebrows waxed and get some milk thistle. make sure i have enough food/cat food/ dog food in for the weekend.
All little things but not overfacing myself at the minute.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Great idea I work today, tomorrow my parents take my 3 y/o overnight.. my plan is sleep, reading, and some gym time.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great thread! I like your changing negatives to positives planning!

I will be working today. Sat & Sun watching over my dog (making sure she doesn't jump and run a lot) who tore her ACL in her rear knee and will go in for surgery Tuesday.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I just made a massage appointment during my drinking time Saturday. 2pm. It's been a while and I have a bum shoulder that could use some help.

Glad to see so many committing to a sober weekend.

K
Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

mmm massage is a lovely treat,, although i dont have an injury,, i had a salt scrub last wknd, it was heaven, my skin is a s soft as a babies!!!
now thats someatt i wouldnt have done if still drinking,, hope yr shoulder gets better weasel x
Old 02-01-2013, 05:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks again Ken for these weekend support threads! After reading all the plans and appointments of all of you, I am starting to think about what the heck I will do this weekend! I am unsure at this point. Thinking the gym and definitely the beach.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am going through this insatible urge to change my living environment. I want to paint. The upstairs bathroom first because it is a small project. Making a roast. Cooking has become a sensual experience for me. Seasoning things just right. Cooking until it it perfectly done instead leaving it and forgetting about it. Fussing over a piece of meat like it was a baby. I have to get intense about something.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Escapist... I made the most perfect filet mignon last week. It literally melted in your mouth. I managed to get those perfect grill marks on it by turning it to make them XXXX.

Glad you are joining us this weekend!
Old 02-01-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Checking in We've had a fish and chip dinner, youngest is in bed and a friend is shortly picking eldest up to childmind her son. So it will be book and bed for me lol
Old 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by escapist
I am going through this insatible urge to change my living environment. I want to paint. The upstairs bathroom first because it is a small project.
I love doing this! Nothing like "out with the old...in with the new"! Change is good...xo
Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy Sober weekend all! I feel like I might be coming down with a cold so planning on just taking it easy tonight. Have some schoolwork to do this weekend, plus want to get in some gym time, assuming I am feeling ok. Then Hubby and I are having a Superbowl party on Sunday - by "Superbowl party" I mean the two of us + the dog in our jammies cooking wings and watching the game on the sofa. Haha, my kind of party at this point. Though now I am wanting some of Weasel's filet. We just got a grill pan so I've been working on my faux grill marks!
Enjoy everyone!
-Alison
Old 02-01-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
Checking in We've had a fish and chip dinner, youngest is in bed and a friend is shortly picking eldest up to childmind her son. So it will be book and bed for me lol
I lied... my Friday evening is turning out far more exciting than I had planned... I'm playing Facebook Scrabble with my 83 year old Nan! Yay!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm in for the sober weekend weasel. I ned to get through this weekend. I am on day 12 right now and feeling so good that my AV has been chirping at me throughout the day. Kind of annoying.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Happy Sober weekend all!

This will be my 1st sober Superbowl in many years! In fact because I am so new in my recovery process I have decided to stay home alone rather than go over to my families gathering where there will be plenty to drink, its not that I cant say no, I just dont want to watch others drink right now. So I guess I will just check in here off & on Sunday & hopefully do some reading & working on myself!

Great Weekend all!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

home from work and dinner down. New matress delivered and I cannot wait to go to bed...LOL

I am muddling through the tough spot. From the time i get home until 9. I will stay strong even though the desire is there. My drug dealer has not heard from me in weeks so he sent a text saying hello.... which when translated means I am stocked and available.

I deleted the text already and I don't have his number any more. Time to let go.

I just have to much going to go backwards.

I have cats waiting for me in the living room and my favorite game on the ipad... tv shows to lull me into that new bed early.

I will continue to check in!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
My drug dealer has not heard from me in weeks so he sent a text saying hello
Yeah...nice of him to inquire about your well being. Good for you for deleting. What a merkin...