Notices

Our Sober Weekend Together! Feb 1 - 3! Check In

Old 02-02-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Day 518,
I'm watching time team which is a show about archaeology. Later i will be getting my gutar effects pedal unit out and seeing how i can plug it into my digital audio workstation and what it can do . need to download the manual !

No thoughts or desire to drink for months now . i hope you all come in from the storm and join me on sobriety beach soon, well up it out of the reach of those waves .

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-02-2013, 04:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I remember the first super bowl party I went to sober. I couldn't imagine a superbowl weekend without getting hammered on Saturday AND Sunday. The game was great, and best of all I remembered it!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

No big plans for me. Watching the puppy bowl on Animal Planet instead of the SB because I'm not a big football fan. Weather snowy here so just watching it snow this am and enjoying my coffee.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

What is this puppy bowl thing? I heard it before but???
Old 02-02-2013, 05:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Celebrated my month of sobriety by giving my wife a card, my sobriety chip and a new purse she hinted about. Then we went shopping, came home and had a late dinner. Today I'm going for coffee with an AA buddy, an 11:00 meeting and start renovations on one of the bathrooms. I'm not going to watch the Superbowl, I'm a huge football fan but it's a trigger and was always a yearly tradition to get super hammered. And you know what? I don't even care that I'm missing it
Old 02-02-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

So far so good!

Was a tough week! I'm a pretty social person where "the party never ends" -- but I've done it!!!! Today will be trigger-less (thank goodness!).

Tomorrow will be sorta challenging (we are having people over), but not nearly as hard as Thursday/Friday were.

Last edited by trixi; 02-02-2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-02-2013, 07:08 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Well, I made 1 day finally so it may be a sober weekend.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks for starting this Ken, checking in. Will do my best to stay sober with all of you!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great sober night for you Nonsensical

Me again! My AV was going bonkers earlier. Took DD to the local park and on the way back had to stop off at the shops... It's the weekend, you've done so well, busy out and about, get home and relax! The usual. Ignored it, got my 4 pints of milk and home.

I'm having a really nice day. I such a dull way! I've just cleaned out my pantry, which had become synonymous with more space for junk... another tip run for me tomorrow. Have sorted and lined up my spices, sorted my foods into pasta/rice/bread and jars/tins... It's really odd but it has made me feel so much better!

I'm laughing at myself here... am I really that boring? It's just nice to have some order where there was once chaos. My son has chopped down some brambles out the front and helped me unblock a drain. We're on it!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Cleaning my house, stacking firewood, riding horses, self help routines, some organizing....wish some sober social time was in there but I dont think it is. Guess Ill be socializing with all of you!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Yesterday was Day 1 for me.I have been coming to Mexico by myself every winter for a few months so I am here with all the vacationers,partiers and alot of drinkers.
I am sticking to my apartment other than going to the beach to read,power walk & grocery shop to keep away from temptation.Will have to stay away from any restaurants or bars for awhile to get stronger.I am not a huge sports fan so I can stay away from places that have the Super Bowl on.Next is Carnaval here from Feb 8-12th where there is major partying but I can still go to the town square and watch all the dancers without drinking.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:16 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
What is this puppy bowl thing? I heard it before but???
check it out on Animal Planet....they have a playing field and everything....very cute.

I was out the door by 9AM, showered and make-up too....dropped the car off for some service, then driving down to my daughter's house....she lives on one of the barrier islands where the hurricane hit last October. The bridges are open and I can now get down there..but there is a stretch where it is very quiet desolate this time of year and I did NOT want to take a chance of the car having a problem...i got my power steering belt replaced.

i'm a lot more proactive these days with car service issues.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey Weasel the puppy bowl is just a bunch of puppies on a small football field. Doin puppy things with a real ref calling the plays. Really fun to watch if you love dogs. Check it out 2mrrw if you have animal planet.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Don't forget the kitty halftime show too

I'm going to check my Pinterest board, I know I collected a lot of Superbowl recipes for dips,etc. and I plan to cook something new for tomorrow.

I've got to work today, and organize/pay bills, and other stuff I don't want to do. Mom is exhausted but won't nap so it's probably going to be a very long afternoon. At least I'm not hungover trying to deal with this!

I'm finding that sobriety is harder during the cold winter than the warm weather. I would have thought it would be the opposite. When it was nice out I was starting to walk and exercise again, I had a better attitude, and I was getting more done. Now I feel like a slug with very little ambition to do anything at all. Not that drinking would change any of this, I know that. I think I just used to drink the winter away and wasn't so aware of how much I hate it.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Still working on my bedroom. Found a loaded .38 snubnose in the midst of my expired make up. Lets see empty booze bottles, hundred of dollars of cosmetics, and a gun. My life looks crazy through sober eyes.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:54 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Still working on my bedroom. Found a loaded .38 snubnose in the midst of my expired make up. Lets see empty booze bottles, hundred of dollars of cosmetics, and a gun. My life looks crazy through sober eyes.
Haha, that's not funny but the way you wrote it made me LOL at the same time. Thanks for sharing! Get better!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:57 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I have to ask...

Why is the Superbowl such a huge thing? Granted I know NOTHING about it other than - didn't Madonna do the half time sing song last year and who could forget Janet Jackson's wardrobe 'malfunction'... (ahem yeah right)

Is it like the UK where you have a league and all the top teams play each other until the final two meet at the Superbowl? I can only equate that to an FA Cup Final which seems so piffling in comparison, especially if you don't support either team (go food shopping instead, it's nice and quiet)

I shall google in the meantime as I am intrigued now
Old 02-02-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

NFL is the biggest sports league in the states. This is the biggest game of the year of that league. The championship.

I am a Patriots fan, so not interested in watching it either (they lost in the semi finals). But I probably will be with people who will be..
Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Crikey. That's quite frightening to me. But then I've never even held a gun let alone own one. If I had one I probably wouldn't be here right now - loaded gun - easy way out...

Then again I've only ever owned a mascara and a lipgloss too
Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maples View Post
NFL is the biggest sports league in the states. This is the biggest game of the year of that league. The championship.

I am a Patriots fan, so not interested in watching it either (they lost in the semi finals). But I probably will be with people who will be..
Ah thank you for explaining Maples. A bit like our FA cup/league cup whatever cup but on a MASSIVE scale! (probably nothing like it lol) I only watch football when it's the World Cup or Euro championships... even then with England it's an accident waiting to happen.

It just seemed to me that everybody would be watching regardless of team, maybe the Patriots did you a favour ducking out early

FF share those recipes, spaghetti and meatballs tonight, but my pantry is stocked and ready for some new ideas