Notices

Class of February 2013

Old 02-03-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Had trouble sleeping, so Day 6 started earlier than I would have preferred, but...

It beats the pee-waddling He!! out of still being passed out drunk and waking up to another Day 1. Good morning, Sober Peeps! Let's do this!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:37 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I just wanted to say a big welcome to you all. Getting sober is the greatest gift you can give yourselves x

A special big hug and lots of love to KaPuka. A great move, joining this thread my friend. I was glued to SR in the beginning, and, 8 months later, it remains vital in my journey. Time to do this thing xxx
Old 02-03-2013, 03:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

day 1 again
Old 02-03-2013, 04:26 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

I'm on Day 3 and finally feeling good. I had bad headaches the first two days, but still had the presence to be connected to life and family. I have been struggling to get traction in sobriety, but I had a breakthrough recently (and I never make statements like this).

On another thread, a question was raised about how to help newcomers "get it". It made me wonder about my own case. "Why don't I just get it?" was first a question. The more I pondered it, the more I was confronted with my own procrastination in facing the obvious choice. "Why don't I just get it?" was turned into an opportunity.

I also felt, for the first time, a real connection to the rest of the alcoholic community - and a responsibility for my own sobriety.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Here I am on the start of Day 2. I'm kicking myself that I drank on Friday and ruined the 10 days I had before that, or I could have been on day 13 now. Ah well, just got to stick in again and keep trying.

Going to do some light housework this morning then gym again this afternoon.

Hope all is well, and hope all you Americans enjoy the Superbowl!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thanks Jen
Old 02-03-2013, 01:28 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Day 3 completed almost...off to bed and hopefully a good nights sleep....one day at a time is the best attitude for me...it might be early days but knowing so many people are in the same boat even if different types of boats is reassuring and heartening...we can all do this in our own ways...
Old 02-03-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Joining The Class Feb 2013

HI Guys,

Day 1. Not gonna pretend I'm not a mess.

Glad to be here.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Day 1!

this looks like my bus, glad to be here as well
Old 02-03-2013, 04:39 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Count me in
Old 02-03-2013, 06:04 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Hey folks,

I'll be in tomorrow. I'm so sick man I have nothing to say. I'm sick of talking about it.

My situation at the moment is sun comes up sun goes down, sun goes down, sun goes down, sun goes down. That's my life now and has been for periods of last year. I gave up giving up at my last attempt, gave up on myslef and went hell and leather with drining in January.

I've tried a few things for recovery, I have a plan that I think will work for me but it requires abstaining to start.

I'm certainly not recovering or in recovery at this moment, I just need to abstain right now. I plan for thirty days. I'm just reaching out right now.

Thanks for listening and I'll be reading all of your posts througout the day as always.

I'm just reaching out.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:06 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi to everyone joining, I only joined the thread yesterday too.

Hopefully we can do this together. ((Hugs))
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome pinkyreturns, venuscat stevegl and hiya noubledegative and jimjim

D
Old 02-04-2013, 01:16 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Red face

Originally Posted by JimJim View Post
Hey folks,

I'll be in tomorrow. I'm so sick man I have nothing to say. I'm sick of talking about it.

My situation at the moment is sun comes up sun goes down, sun goes down, sun goes down, sun goes down. That's my life now and has been for periods of last year. I gave up giving up at my last attempt, gave up on myslef and went hell and leather with drining in January.

I've tried a few things for recovery, I have a plan that I think will work for me but it requires abstaining to start.

I'm certainly not recovering or in recovery at this moment, I just need to abstain right now. I plan for thirty days. I'm just reaching out right now.

Thanks for listening and I'll be reading all of your posts througout the day as always.

I'm just reaching out.
Hey Jim......I hear you....sounds a lot like my January....and I just wanted you to know, as I'm sure others on here have, that you are not alone.....I'm still on day 1 right now, and completely sick. This is where I need to be; I'm letting go of all of the pans I made, they didn't work. But one day at a time I will be here, and we will be ok
Old 02-04-2013, 01:33 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

First real attempt to stop, starts now for me. I saw an addictions counsler last week and he had many good recommendations. Among those he offered two options, tappering by day or cold turkey. After 4 days it's obvious to me why he wasn't so keen on tappering. I failed miserably. I can't have alcohol in the house. It's gone now.

This will be day one for me. Just need to find a way to get through that commute home with out giving into the temptation to stop and pick somthing up.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:47 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

can you vary your route home spaul?
sometimes mixing up your routine can really help....

D
Old 02-04-2013, 02:09 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
can you vary your route home spaul?
sometimes mixing up your routine can really help....

D
I do that everyday. I almost never work in the same place two days in a row. I was thinking of maybe going to Barnes and Noble or the mall. Just something to break the mental habit. I do know that I want this more than anything.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:20 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimJim View Post

I'm just reaching out.
Hi JimJim. Great to read you're still aiming for abstinence. I was wondering where you were up to. Good luck for the 30 days. Keep posting and stay strong.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Day 4 here. I woke up at 4:47am this morning and was fine with it. I was rested and alert. Becoming sober is a lot like a winter thaw - ever day a little more thaws out, is revealed, and starts to come back to life. Every day, it becomes a little bit more normal to do the right thing for my sobriety. Today, I will take action to ensure I stay open-minded and teachable to the experience and wisdom available from those around me, especially those who have successfully achieved and maintained sobriety.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Day 7. I've been on this forum quite a lot the last 7 days. One thing that has surprised me is how many people begin their quest for sobriety here every day. I drank alone and in the dark for many years, completely unaware there were so may others out there who shared my 'dirty little secret'.

Let's stay in the light together. We can do this!