Notices

Class of February 2013

Old 02-02-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
I am immensely frustrated with myself, and my multiple failed attempts and day ones, and twos, and even all the way to 60. But, today is brand new day and only one day into brand new month. I want to join this group and get through another day one and hopefully my last. I know I don't sound so positive or motivated, I'm just trying to forgive myself and start over. I really hate alcohol and what it does to me and it baffles me that I have become so addicted to something so damaging to me in so many ways.
But I won't give up..let's make it a sober month.
I feel the same way! I just want to be me again and live my life. I used to be strong and alcohol made me weak
Old 02-02-2013, 09:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wino1234... I know exactly what you mean about walking out of the gym. There are moments I feel like that, and alot of them are after exercise too. That I wonder why I ever drink, because all it does is take those good feelings away. Today is my first day too, but I am far from new at this. We can be strong again, one day at a time
Old 02-02-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes..I'm going to go to a meeting tomorrow.. .I just keep telling myself...as long as I don't pick up that first one..I will be ok
Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wino1234 View Post
I am filled w a lot of emotions..had some sleeping issues test and withdrawal. Does anyone ever get a pit in their stomach? Anyway woke up at 230 had a shot of vodka..got that warm feeling in my chest and went to sleep...same thing at 430....woke up at 830 and went to gym at 1000....I can't tell you how walking out of the gym made me feel..I really don't ever wanna pick up a drink again..I hope I don't. I want Feb 2 to be my day...hands a little shaky but otherwise I feel good....I can't wait till I get all this out of my system
Wino, please remove all alcohol from the house. You can do this. Sober means no drinking, even to help you sleep, but I know you know this.

Find a meeting today. It will move you in a way you have never been moved before. Trust me. My first meeting was last Monday.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'd like to jump in here too if I may?

I was sober for 10 days there, 22nd - 31st January, then slipped up yesterday and wish I hadn't.

I'm still not sure I'm in the quitting for good camp, but would love to be able to see out the rest of February without drinking and see where it goes from there. Hopefully I can get some support here to achieve that goal, and provide some support too.

Good to meet you all.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:56 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to all you newcomers - great to see you here

D
Old 02-02-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am new to all of this and hope I can have the strength to help myself....
Old 02-02-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flossy50 View Post
I am new to all of this and hope I can have the strength to help myself....
Welcome flossy, all of us here know what you are going through. Lean on us to assist you with your quest!
Old 02-02-2013, 01:56 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to you too Flossy

This is a great community - they've helped me - I know you'll find help strength and support here too

D
Old 02-02-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Sign me up ( um, again) I was/am in a class frm last year as they're great people but I've been drinking and need to start over for
Money, weight, anxiety issues. Alcohol sucks. Wish I'd never started drinking as there really are zero good things about it.
Hope this is THE TIME for all of us! I have been cutting down but mark this as day one. The final day one God willing! No more hangovers ? Being it on!

What are you guys using as a plan to quit as willpower doesn't last unfortunately,
Would love any insights!
KP
Old 02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Kapuka, its my day one also...430 am will make 24 hours!....My plan is to keep busy, go to the gym as much as i can. Stay away from anything/people that trigger me. go to meetings. eat good, try to sleep good and do everything I possible can to stay away from that first sip.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yes, let's do this! I'm feeling really motivated but the problem is I know that will change at some point even though I don't want it to change.

My only plan so far is to keep checking in here. I'll see how that goes.

Edit to add, having seen wino's post, I am big runner and fan of the gym so that is part of my plan too, to run or go to the gym if a craving strikes, where practical.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

One minute at a time, one day at a time.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yeah the gym and even a run or anything is a great way at that time when cravings kick in!
Good luck guys
My problem was day four I'd always get the 'one can't hurt' and then get totalled.
These things tend to get worse and now one day off is a minor miracle!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:50 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
From a member of the January group, best of luck to those joining the February group. It's great having a similar group of folks to keep tabs with and help each other out. May you have a sober month, starting with Feb 1!
Ditto from me. ScottfomWI and I are in the same group and it's great to get SR support. Good luck to all you Februarians - you'll be so happy you've decided to turn your lives around. If we can do it, so can you!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well, that's day 1 and Saturday night licked! Speaking of the gym, that's exactly what I did tonight and got a good 7 mile treadmill run in, it does help and I feel great now.

Just relaxing before bed now.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. Right back at ya!
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I'm joining the group. I made a few attempts recently but have always slipped after a few days when my AV told me that just one drink couldn't hurt. But I've never stopped at one. So. I'm starting at day one again. This time I'm hoping I can stick with it.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:37 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soopy99 View Post
I'm joining the group. I made a few attempts recently but have always slipped after a few days when my AV told me that just one drink couldn't hurt. But I've never stopped at one. So. I'm starting at day one again. This time I'm hoping I can stick with it.
Hopefully we can all support each other, Soopy. I'm new too, but welcome.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:04 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by wino1234 View Post
One minute at a time, one day at a time.
This is so true....keeping strong means you have to be patient with yourself....and Wino1234 and Britabroad, I know where you're coming from.

Saturday is over now move on through today...I go to the gym and am telling myself why spend hours there on the machines and doing Yoga and Body balance if you go home and undo all the good...

Well too windy to play golf today so some retail therapy or window shopping should get me through I hope...have a good day everyone, am so pleased I came across this site...
Old 02-03-2013, 01:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome soopy Kapuka and britaboard as well

D