Notices

Light Bulb Moments!

Old 04-21-2004, 01:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Re: Light Bulb Moments!

You smoked so much pot, your looking all over for the phone and it's in your hand. Or how about you smoked so much you driving down the Hwy. 35 miles per hour when the speed limit is 65 mph, saying to yourself dang there in a hurry. Sad but true.
Allyson the fog goes away I promise.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:18 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Here's a sober one for you Chy!

I wanted a beer so bad. My husand had my car since his was getting fixed, my Dad didn't answer his cell phone, it was to cold to walk with 3 kids to the store. So I seriously considered going door to door asking the neighbors for beer! LOL And that was just last week!
:LMAO
Love to all,
Missy
Old 04-21-2004, 01:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Paused

stupid question but is sober just for alcohol??? Never had a problem with that...just a variety of recreational drugs...I mostly like to mix them to find the perfect blend. Haven't found it yet so I am giving up...
Old 04-21-2004, 01:23 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

Originally Posted by True Blue
You smoked so much pot, your looking all over for the phone and it's in your hand. Or how about you smoked so much you driving down the Hwy. 35 miles per hour when the speed limit is 65 mph, saying to yourself dang there in a hurry. Sad but true.
Allyson the fog goes away I promise.
Thanks for the smile...I am glad soemone else has been there and can relate...
Old 04-21-2004, 02:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Chy
*shivers* @ the memory thing.. barely remember those day's!

Poor Missy, we've changed her thread into pathetic alcoholic stories thread... okay, something positive, something positive... hey.. we're sober today!
So true Chy!
I have a growing list of those too.
I was a week sober. Arrive in rehab 200 miles away from home. 53 degrees below 0. Expecting a Minnesota method rehab program. Surprise! My intake is the first one with a S.M.A.R.T approach. Even the wording of the Serenity Prayer was changed! So as I'm sitting downstairs waiting to be admitted, I'm thinking...turn around or stay? I stayed. I had a choice. But I stayed.

P.S: Allyson, for me sober is for all substances. Less typing that way!
Old 04-21-2004, 02:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Today's Lightbulb Moment

When I walked into the meeting this morning, I was in as much pain as I've felt anytime since I started recovery. Since Monday morning, I had been reliving an awful, violent, shameful incident from one of the lower points in my drunk-a-dope-a-logue - something that I had never forgotten, but I had never wanted to relive it in such a visceral way (just as a line in my inventory, and only for my sponsor's ears - do I really have to feel this stuff?). I was OK when I checked in with my sponsor last night, but later I told my partner that I hurt so bad that I was ready to go out (and I will tell on myself tonight with my sponsor), and I cried this morning as I was leaving for the meeting.

So I walk into the meeting - late, and with barely dried tears. The topic was the Daily Reflections reading, about faith replacing fear. And about 4 shares after I arrived, a woman who I've never known as very hopeful talked about how she had lived in fear all of her life, and that had continued after she came to the program. She stayed for her court ordered 90 in 90, and kept going after that because the program had begun to get her. After another month or so, she just noticed at some point that her fears appeared to have disappeared - not in any blinding flash, they had just quitly disappeared. She never said the word faith once.

I didn't see any lightbulb, but by the end of the meeting that burning, panicked, throat-closing pain was gone, and by mid-afternood the world had some color again. Just for today, it feels better.

James
Old 04-21-2004, 03:44 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Chy

Originally Posted by Little Missy
Here's a sober one for you Chy!

I wanted a beer so bad. My husand had my car since his was getting fixed, my Dad didn't answer his cell phone, it was to cold to walk with 3 kids to the store. So I seriously considered going door to door asking the neighbors for beer! LOL And that was just last week!
:LMAO
Love to all,
Missy

Oh I did that! Even asked the neighbors to borrow thier car after a 12 pack, brushed my teeth, sprayed cologne, all under the pretext of getting the kiddo some cough medicine. Can ya believe they gave me the key's to their family mini-van???? Oh MY Gosh!!

On another occasion went to the other neighbor saying I needed a beer for my cooking! I do or rather used to do my chicken with beer and butter along with the turkey. Sad thing is I didn't even get around to dinner and drank the damn beer and ordered a pizza. Oh those haunting memories!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Chy

It works doesn't it James!
Old 04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

LEAVING PITTSBURGH AFTER A WEEKEND WITH MY CHILDREN STOPPED IN TO SPEND A LITTLE TIME WITH MY BROTHER.WOKEUP NEXT MORNING AT HOME IN RICHMOND, VA.I HAVE NO CLUE OF THE JOURNEY BACK,300+ MILES.I MUST HAVE HAD A CO-PILOT. CAR DID'NT HAVE A SCRATCH ON IT! ted
Old 04-21-2004, 03:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Chy

Originally Posted by ted
I MUST HAVE HAD A CO-PILOT. CAR DID'NT HAVE A SCRATCH ON IT! ted
I'll say! Glad that he was with you that day!
Old 04-21-2004, 05:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chy
It works doesn't it James!
You know Chy, I'm starting to believe that.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

OK, one more time for me - I was on a trip to Dallas. Decided to go downtown and check out the city. Went to a bar. Got Drunk, Left Bar, Got Lost, Found another bar, Lost rental car keys (thankfully), Finally woke up later in an elevator of an unknown building. That night the bulb flickered, but it just burned out again........
Old 04-21-2004, 06:29 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Chy

We'll have to go look for those life-time bulbs for ya Marty!
Old 04-21-2004, 06:48 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Old 04-22-2004, 06:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Ok, this one doesn't have to do with drinking. I just realized I was doing it.

Sucking in your stomach, DOES NOT change your weight on the scale!! LOL

Love to all,
Missy
Old 04-22-2004, 06:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Chy

:LMAO No wonder it doesn't work!!
Old 04-22-2004, 06:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Dan

It does if you wear the real flimsy boxer shorts like I do!
'Mornin' Missy!
Old 04-22-2004, 08:04 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Growing Up

Hey Allyson - I was hit by a fly ball, and I don't recommend it! How are you doing today?

Missy great thread. As Dan said, there are so many light bulb moments to choose from, so it's tough to pick just one.

I remember once (though I believe it happened more than once) slurring a bedtime story to my children. I knew it was happening, yet not reading to them that night was somehow not an option to me. I hope they never remember that. And I hope I never forget it.
Old 04-22-2004, 10:47 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Chy

Thank goodness those nights are over MG!! The one thing hubby took over doing was tucking in, guess what my priority was?
Old 04-22-2004, 11:06 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

BIG LIGHT BULB:CAME STUMBLING ACROSS THE BACKYARD,ALL THE KIDS PLAYING,TOOK A LOOK AT ME AND RAN LIKE THE WIND IN ALL DIRECTIONS.REMINDS ME OF GODZILLA IN HONG KONG! ALL THE BLAMELESS CHILDREN,PLEASE FORGIVE ME.NO MORE GODZILLA,NOT TODAY.