Notices

Light Bulb Moments!

Old 11-23-2004, 02:56 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
LOST!

I think the moment that really did it for me (and there were many) was when I was drunk and on ambien, I went down to the super's house and told him and his kids that there was a man trying to kill my cats. They called the police. When I awoke I vaguely remembered that the cops were in my house. The next day every one in the building was asking me about the cats. I don't remember any of it and I was so embarrased and ashamed. Wow, that was really hard for me to say but I know every one here understands. My prayers are with all of you!
Carole
Old 08-13-2005, 06:45 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Time to bring this thread back up.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

It is from pain, whether it be physical or emotional, that we learn our greatest lessons. It gives us an opportunity to grow and become better people. May I always be willing to learn and grow!!
Old 08-13-2005, 08:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

discoverying self lightbulb moment

had been in recovery since 87, did good with meetings, thought i'd found HP,
had brought myself back from being bankrupt. had built up a good business.
basicly worked the steps to work my life.
but deep down inside something was still there.
i would not deal with it and would not admit that i had a problem!
i had grew up in a military family, with a abuseive mother. i was put into a hospital twice before leaving home at age 13. (no anger problems here)
joined the military at age 17 (gave me a focus for my anger)
BUT MY LIGHTBULB MOMENT came in 1990 when my daughter Danny was born. i had done a 13th step with a girl i had known when she came into the program. she went back out, but left me with the best gift anyone had ever given me.
i had done some work with anger with my sponser and a counsler, plus working the steps. but you can never really understand anger if you don't know what love is!
THAT ONE DAY WHEN I LOOKED INTO MY DAUGHTERS EYES AND KNEW UNCONDITIONAL LOVE, IS THE DAY THAT I WILL NEVER FORGET
Old 10-14-2005, 08:37 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Been digging in the basement!!
Old 10-14-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Red face Idiotic embarrasing behavior

I had my big lightbulb 2 days ago. Was on a big bender, woke up very early on a Wednesday morning. Too early for any liquor store I knew of to be open but I walked down a fairly seedy avenue I live by to a gas station. So I walked in bought the beer and everyone was looking at me with disgust and pity. I felt like a skid row bum, I was shaky, unsteady, reeked of alcohol and just looked extremley disheveled. I did drink that beer that day but that incident really bothered me and sent me into alcoholic despair. So I quit later that day and hope to never go down that path again.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:29 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
"The BAND" workshop ROCKS!

Just now. I went to my first sober concert last night. Had a coke using dream last night, which are fairly common for me. But instead of waking up, wonder if I'd really used, I remember putting the drug away and KNOWING that using it was wrong.

It was the first time I've felt guilty about using in a dream. I think it means I'm finally coming around. I hope so.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:39 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting!!
Old 10-28-2005, 04:52 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Back in January of this year my uncle told me that he was going to take me out to celebrate before I went back to college. We went to this restaurant and starting doing shots. We just seemed to be in competition. Were were pretty drunk. When it was time to leave I knew we were both too drunk to drive so I called someone to come get us. While I was making that phone call, my uncle got into something with a guy in the bathroom and that guy called the cops on him. When I walked back outside, there were cops all over the place! They put him in handcuffs and were askin him questions.
They didn't bother me until I was over there hysterical with laugher and falling all over the place. Then they came over and talked to me. I sat down on the curb and when the cops asked me to get up, I couldn't so he had to help me up! Our ride showed up to take us home and the cop told them that they are about to arrest us both.
Thank God they came in time.

Almost went to jail that night.........very humiliated and embarrased the next day.