Notices

Please help!!! I really need help now!!!!!!

Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bob22 View Post
And thank you so much Aems and Sapling!!! It means so much to be reassured.

Thank all of you!!!
I'm going to send a few prayers your way Bob...If you don't mind...that you find the same feeling of relief that I had when I left my first meeting....It gave me hope...Hope that I've carried with me a year and a half later without a drink.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:11 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

What is this tingling feeling on my neck and arms? Blood pressure is normal, it feels like energy, adrenalin or something like that. Could not sleep all night because of it.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

It is part of detoxing, Bob. Your brain is sending messages to your body that something is not right, and you need alcohol. Don't trust your brain right now. Alcohol is cunning, baffling, and powerful.

Some have tingling, some feel like their skin is crawling, some both.

It gets better. But it sounds to me like you should be under a doctors supervision, at least until you get through the original detox.

Good luck, hang in there, Bob.
Zube
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Administrator

it sounds to me like you should be under a doctors supervision, at least until you get through the original detox.
It sounds like it to me too Bob - what have you got to lose, really?

D
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Thank you NYCGUY, This whole thing has nothing to do with cravings, more anxiety and panic. Maybe this is from the meds.

I only took one Ativan, to scared to get addicted or make any of this worse.

Thank you for your support!!!
Well it's more for the seizure prevention (which can be deadly) as much as the anxiety, but if you are sober already 5 or 6 days, you probably don't need it anymore anyway. Good work!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Thank you Zube and Dee74. Doctor is not an option until Monday. I have an appointment set to see my primary care doc.

Going to see anyone any sooner is not going to happen and I am fine with that. I will beat this on my own with all of your help as I have been doing.

Igave a big effort yesterday to see a doctor. I called the doctor that was really great to me and who prescibed the meds. He is only a walk-in Care Doc. He gave me a number to call to make an appointment with a physiologist.

I called the number and the lady told me that there was nothing that she could do for me until the end of the month, all doctors appointments were full. I told her what was going on and I only needed to see a doctor for 5 minutes. She Said" I can't just change an appointment for you." That was it. I called back to speak to someone else and that person told me the only thing I could do is goto an emergency room

So, no docs for me until Monday but I can do this. I will update now. Thank you again!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Update: The tingling left my body at 5am, it was like a miricle feeling. Like I was in heaven! I sleep until 8am.

I feel pretty good right now. I do feel the chemicals in my system. It is like I am atuned to feeling all the chemicals in my body when they are released.

I know the bad can flare up again. I have handled this far and I will handle it again.

I could have never ever made it this far without you all!!!!

Thank you and I hope to god I can report good things all day.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nycguy83 View Post
Well it's more for the seizure prevention (which can be deadly) as much as the anxiety, but if you are sober already 5 or 6 days, you probably don't need it anymore anyway. Good work!
Thanks NYC, I have been watching my blood pressure, and even when I feel the bad feelings, it still is somewhat normal. In the beginning of all this it was really high constantly for two days stright.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Bob, I know the bad feelings you speak of. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and feel as if I'm out of my body having some major anxiety death attack. It usually subsides in about 10 minutes, but for those minutes I truly feel like I will surely die.

It helped me to see my doctor about anxiety medication. I don't even take them, but just knowing they're there helps me.

I sometimes think I drank to not feel that anxiety, but it only makes it worse. And when I start feeling good again and it goes away, thats when I need to beware the first drink.

Good luck, I hope you are OK.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:12 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Bob, I know the bad feelings you speak of. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and feel as if I'm out of my body having some major anxiety death attack. It usually subsides in about 10 minutes, but for those minutes I truly feel like I will surely die.

It helped me to see my doctor about anxiety medication. I don't even take them, but just knowing they're there helps me.

I sometimes think I drank to not feel that anxiety, but it only makes it worse. And when I start feeling good again and it goes away, thats when I need to beware the first drink.

Good luck, I hope you are OK.
Thank you very much for sharing that as it helps me that I am not the only one. I hope and pray you are doing well Wharf Rat!!! Doing good today.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hey Bob
dude here. my blood pressure was 179/120 when I checked into rehab a while back. Not good. There are things to make it easier. Take care
dub
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Update: Just got back from my AA Meeting. It helped me SO MUCH to be able to talk to someone in person about this that understands. I don't feel alone in this anymore. They were wonderful people.

I still don't have the urge to drink but I know it is only a matter of time before I will. I feel that there is a possibility that I have been scared stright but know where I will go if I'm not.

I am actually going to goto another meeting tomorrow.

I am feeling 95% normal right now but I know I have felt that way before and then the hell came back. I will tough through it unless it gets to bad. At this point though, I don't think I should take the Ativan. I know it's there if I need it as Wharf Rat said!

Sugar Bear thank you so much for getting me the info for the meeting!!! And thank you Sapling for putting the idea back in my mind!!!!

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
Hey Bob
dude here. my blood pressure was 179/120 when I checked into rehab a while back. Not good. There are things to make it easier. Take care
dub
Thanks Dude, my Blood Pressure has been steady now at 140/90 which is normal for me. Even when I feel that anxiety it is not going back up to the 160/120 that it was at for 3 days.

Thanks for posting!
Old 01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Most detoxes won't even admit anybody whose primary concern is detoxing from drugs. I'd tell them about your alcohol abuse more than your drug abuse. You're not going to die from drug detox, you might feel like it, but you can from alcohol.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:10 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlyerNation View Post
Most detoxes won't even admit anybody whose primary concern is detoxing from drugs. I'd tell them about your alcohol abuse more than your drug abuse. You're not going to die from drug detox, you might feel like it, but you can from alcohol.
Thank you Flyernation. I am doing a lot better now and went to an AA Meeting. I am also going to one tomorrow.

Thank you again!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better Bob x
Old 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thank you Flyernation. I am doing a lot better now and went to an AA Meeting. I am also going to one tomorrow.

Thank you again!
Glad to hear that.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:42 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Update: Just got back from my AA Meeting. It helped me SO MUCH to be able to talk to someone in person about this that understands. I don't feel alone in this anymore. They were wonderful people.

I still don't have the urge to drink but I know it is only a matter of time before I will. I feel that there is a possibility that I have been scared stright but know where I will go if I'm not.

I am actually going to goto another meeting tomorrow.

I am feeling 95% normal right now but I know I have felt that way before and then the hell came back. I will tough through it unless it gets to bad. At this point though, I don't think I should take the Ativan. I know it's there if I need it as Wharf Rat said!

Sugar Bear thank you so much for getting me the info for the meeting!!! And thank you Sapling for putting the idea back in my mind!!!!

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's awesome Bob....Is that "hope" I sense in your message? Glad it went well...Lean on those people...They enjoy helping fellow alcoholics...That's why it works for so many. Get A BIG Book...And get reading!
Old 01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

I am glad that you found some serenity in AA, Bob. IMO, it is the safest place on the planet in early recovery.

Zube
Old 01-04-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Update: Felt Great all day yesterday!!!

Watched TV with family and then read in bed until I went to sleep. Sleep was restless, it seems that I get one thought in my mind and it plays over and over all night. No bad feelings though.

Woke up about 2 hours ago feeling slight anxiety. Seems to always effect the back of my neck, shoulders, and upper armss, meaning a weird feeling there. Also really felt tired and almost like a hangover without the headache or sickness.

Feeling a lot better now, Anxiety feeling is about 20% if makes sense.

Feeling like this is going to be another good day. I do feel that I have to keep myself constantly busy.

Thank you!!!