Notices

Please help!!! I really need help now!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 03:48 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Notice Bob, that you are in control and feeling better a much larger percentage of the time. You are coming through this.

And you probably handled stress with alcohol previously and without it things are bound to be different. Part of detoxing is learning yourself without enhancement. Your systems and coping mechanisms HAVE to find their way.

Also remember that a Dr. Has only so many mechanisms to help you. The first is generally through chemical means or more drugs. Every time you go to the Dr. You wil get a prescription. Decide before you go if this is the direction you want. I recently went to the Dr with what I was certain was shingles. I knew the treatment was anti viral medications and pain pills as shingles is known to be quite painful. I determined as a drug addict that I was going to grit my teeth for the pain and would turn down any prescription intended for this purpose. Not trying to tell you what to do just asking that you think about what direction you want to go.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liv1ce View Post
Notice Bob, that you are in control and feeling better a much larger percentage of the time. You are coming through this.

And you probably handled stress with alcohol previously and without it things are bound to be different. Part of detoxing is learning yourself without enhancement. Your systems and coping mechanisms HAVE to find their way.

Also remember that a Dr. Has only so many mechanisms to help you. The first is generally through chemical means or more drugs. Every time you go to the Dr. You wil get a prescription. Decide before you go if this is the direction you want. I recently went to the Dr with what I was certain was shingles. I knew the treatment was anti viral medications and pain pills as shingles is known to be quite painful. I determined as a drug addict that I was going to grit my teeth for the pain and would turn down any prescription intended for this purpose. Not trying to tell you what to do just asking that you think about what direction you want to go.
Liv1ce, I have been doing really good today. I actually have been able to laugh after 4 days. I only took one of the pills the doctor gave me and don't plan to take anymore. It did help the night I took it but I didn't want to become dependent on them. It has been rough going as I have wanted to take them on a number of occasions.

I am going into see the doc tomorrow just for a follow up. Usually would never do that but this was really rough. I never was one to take any of the prescriptions they gave me. The dam Vicodin was a 2 year old prescription.

Would not have been able to make it through this without you and everyone elses help. I actually feel almost normal right now. tonight and tomorrow morning will tell.

Thank you Liv1ce and I hope you are doing well!!!!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Update: Thank you all!!!!!! I have been doing really good today and actually laughed out loud a number of times while watching TV. Something I though would never happen again. I actually thought I would never watch TV again or want to do anything.

Good Night!!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hey Bob just read through the thread- great to see you are feeling better. Just to let you know I had very similar things going on, high BP, high heart rate all day, that ebb and flow feeling- even the extra anxiety after a meal.

Sounds like you are through the worst of the storm so congrats on that and not drinking!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:48 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ohio1 View Post
Hey Bob just read through the thread- great to see you are feeling better. Just to let you know I had very similar things going on, high BP, high heart rate all day, that ebb and flow feeling- even the extra anxiety after a meal.

Sounds like you are through the worst of the storm so congrats on that and not drinking!
Thanks a lot Ohio1 I really appreciate it! Nice to hear from someone that went through the same feelings. Scary Stuff!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:56 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Update: Yesterday was the best since I have been dealing with this. Actually felt almost completely normal.

Laid in bed and watched some TV before going to bed. Big mistake. After turning off the TV, the show I was watching was still ingrained in my head and I started living out the show if that makes sense. The good thing is I knew it was just from this crap I am going through. Finally fell asleep.

Just woke up and physically don't feel that well. Something like a hangover without the sickness or headache. It's not that bad. Actually every morning has felt this way.

Morning is the worst. I do feel Anxiety and slight panic. I am wondering if it is because when I was drinking it was always at night starting a 5pm and then I would wake up, never with a hangover. Guessing my body used extra chemicals in the morning to keep me feeling good.

Anyway, I know that I will get through the morning and good feelings are to come this day.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Morning Bob22.

You are doing great, and getting through this. It obviously doesn't feel great, but things seem better than they were.
Just think- after this, you will know that panic/anxiety attacks won't kill you, and I think for me that was a big turning point- knowing I would make it through seemed to help me to 'outgrow' the panic attacks.

Happy New Year! You have so much to look forward to, in it.

Good for you, and thanks for sharing. I know this is helping someone else.

hugs
chicory
Old 01-02-2013, 05:22 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Morning Bob22.

You are doing great, and getting through this. It obviously doesn't feel great, but things seem better than they were.
Just think- after this, you will know that panic/anxiety attacks won't kill you, and I think for me that was a big turning point- knowing I would make it through seemed to help me to 'outgrow' the panic attacks.

Happy New Year! You have so much to look forward to, in it.

Good for you, and thanks for sharing. I know this is helping someone else.

hugs
chicory

Thank you so much chicory!!! Actually feeling a little better already.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:26 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Update: Feeling a little better but have cold sweats on the back of my neck. Really!!! This far into it and I am still having sweats!!!

But I don't feel that bad. Very slight anxiety.

Also must add: After feeling that I would never have a normal relationship with my family and that I would never want to be around them again yesterday morning; later on that day I wanted to play a board game or something with them. We also watched TV and it was Great!

Having the same feeling of not wanting to be around them now but not as bad and I know it will pass.

I still love them more than anything in the world!!!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Just can't believe I am having feelings like this is never going to go away. That maybe I am actually crazy and this is the way I am going to be for the rest of my life.

Never had to drink during the day to ever make any feelings go away or at night. Just drank because I liked it.

Thinking that maybe the cold meds have did something to my brain!

Going to try and relax.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bob22 View Post
Just can't believe I am having feelings like this is never going to go away. That maybe I am actually crazy and this is the way I am going to be for the rest of my life.

Never had to drink during the day to ever make any feelings go away or at night. Just drank because I liked it.

Thinking that maybe the cold meds have did something to my brain!

Going to try and relax.
Hi BOB,

This is how it goes, one day great,next day not so great--comes out of the blue.

Your not crazy Bob, Just an alcoholic trying not have a drink. Think about it , your body has been fed this liquid for years and now it is being deprived.
It is just trying to get the toxins out. It effects everyone differently!

As long as you are working with your doctor--you have nothing to worry about, ......but you doctor did prescribe meds for this, are you taking them as directed?
Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrixMixer View Post
Hi BOB,

This is how it goes, one day great,next day not so great--comes out of the blue.

Your not crazy Bob, Just an alcoholic trying not have a drink. Think about it , your body has been fed this liquid for years and now it is being deprived.
It is just trying to get the toxins out. It effects everyone differently!

As long as you are working with your doctor--you have nothing to worry about, ......but you doctor did prescribe meds for this, are you taking them as directed?
Thank you so much Trix! It has been at it's worst this past hour. I went for a walk but it is still not so great.

I am feeling like I am crazy, like the cold meds tripped something in me like Bipolar or something like that.

Would vicadin and other cold meds still be in my system this long to cause this?

I know it is also the Alcohol and maybe only the alcohol. I will never put that poison in my system again.

When I was on my walk I kept thinking about coming home and taking the Ativan but that is the whole reason I don't want to take it. I want my body to be able to handle this, not the drugs.

Thank you for being there for me Trix. and everyone else!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:17 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Trix! It has been at it's worst this past hour. I went for a walk but it is still not so great.

I am feeling like I am crazy, like the cold meds tripped something in me like Bipolar or something like that.

Would vicadin and other cold meds still be in my system this long to cause this?

I know it is also the Alcohol and maybe only the alcohol. I will never put that poison in my system again.

When I was on my walk I kept thinking about coming home and taking the Ativan but that is the whole reason I don't want to take it. I want my body to be able to handle this, not the drugs.

OK BOB,

Now I think you have crossed over to the TWILIGHT ZONE!!! You took Vicodin and various cold meds, really? Vicodin is a narcotic for pain, and pretty heavy duty stuff. Ativan is for anxiety only.

I think it would be really a good thing to call your doctor today and let him know EXACTLY what you took and if it is ok to begin the Ativan as prescribed.

Yikes Bob we sure know where to go for drugs, or do you just own a drugstore, LOL. It's like a little of this a little o that so I am taking 10 different drugs one of them has got to work. Call the Doc, Bob!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Thanks Trix, I did tell him about all the Cold Meds I was taking and he still prescribed it. I did take one the night he gave them to be because it got really bad.

I am feeling a little better. Really just extreme worry of whats to come next. I will take one of the pills if it gets to bad.

I was going to go see him today but he was at an office that is kind of far away so I didn't go. I am going to see him on the 4th when he is closer.

Thank you so much!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Sorry to keep doing this but it is the only way I feel I can make it through this.

I am finding that I do not handle any type of stress. Before this all happened I could handle any type of stress. Is this all part of the process and I will be able to handle stress in the same way again.
Yes Bob
Old 01-02-2013, 01:07 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Bob, please know that this crazy feeling will settle down with time. It takes the body a while to completely detox from drugs and alcohol and then it has to remember how to function without them. From my own experiences I can tell you that a bunch of stuff happened to me......insomnia, lethargy, depression, anxiety, crying jags........this will get better with time, you just need to let time work for you. Bless.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I haven't read all 10 pages of this so I don't know if you are Anti AA or not....But I have to say the early days of recovery were a lot more bearable for me because I attended meetings and was around people that had been where I was. Just knowing you aren't alone in this and that there are people that want to help you was huge for me...Even if your beliefs are against the AA program....I don't think the Fellowship....Other recovering alcoholics...would hurt you a bit. Hang in there...Do what your doctor tells you to do...And don't pick up the first drink.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Going to an AA Meeting at 10am tomorrow in the hopes that I can talk to someone that has dealt with this.

Thank you all!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:47 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Update: Starting to feel better. Today was a NIGHTMARE! I really am starting to believe this is my bodys Chemicals adjusting.

I hope and pray tomorrow is better.

I am going to the AA Meeting and will also take those dam meds if it gets to bad.

Good Night All!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

And thank you so much Aems and Sapling!!! It means so much to be reassured.

Thank all of you!!!