Notices

Well its confirmed.Im in withdrawal pretty deep right now

Old 12-16-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dub, call 911. Things have been so bad for you I really believe that going to the ER would help. So glad people here convinced me to go Friday morning. Best thing I did for myself and best thing you can do is get some help. Keep us posted.

Hugs from fellow anxiety sufferer.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

The Dude Abides

Sorry your where you are, but thank you for the memories of where I dont want to be again.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

How about if you send a post every 30 mins.?

I don't know how much booze you ingested on a daily basis, but you know how it works. it's a lot harder to recover from a seizure than an admission to hospital ER.

drink water or gatorade, juice. take care....
Old 12-16-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I meditated for a bit. it helped. Went outside for cpl of minutes. Fresh air was good. everything is kind of ok for now, still shaking some. I have been drinking the ocean dry lately fyi.
Later
Dub
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

DW.........I am hurting right along with you but I have to ask....are you drinking water until you juat can`t drink anymore and are you excercizing?........if not take it from someone who hasn`t done neither of those in too long but I tell you that for me its the only thing keeping me sane I think......drink gallons and get your blood pumping......its making a world of difference for me in addition to forcing myself to eat healthy when right now I`m so turned off of food.
Make a nutrition rich smoothie for breakfast...protein powder, egg, fruit...it helps huge
Old 12-16-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

The "meditation" is not going to keep you alive if things get really dicey. It seems to be pretty well unanimous on this website that you should call 911 or somehow get yourself taken to an ER. If you don't take this advice, you should, at the very minimum, have a working phone within your reach (not more than two feet away) at all times. However, if you start to go into convulsions you will not be able to make the call. That's why you need to make the call right now. Your life is at risk.

W.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camperboy View Post
DW.........I am hurting right along with you but I have to ask....are you drinking water until you juat can`t drink anymore and are you excercizing?........if not take it from someone who hasn`t done neither of those in too long but I tell you that for me its the only thing keeping me sane I think......drink gallons and get your blood pumping......its making a world of difference for me in addition to forcing myself to eat healthy when right now I`m so turned off of food.
Make a nutrition rich smoothie for breakfast...protein powder, egg, fruit...it helps huge
Thanks CB. I havent had a glass of water in weeks, and used to race bicycles and had to hydrate crazy amounts. My eating habits are pretty good, I do eat healthy, but not enough. Exercise, I jumped on my bike two days ago for a bit and it was nice, but I am in terrible shape compared to normal.
Dub
Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

dehydration makes me feel craptastic.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
LDT

Hydrate...electrolytes....fresh air..... movement ( walking )..... breathe.

But you already know what I think you should do.

Keep posting.....
Old 12-16-2012, 08:14 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
Thanks CB. I havent had a glass of water in weeks, and used to race bicycles and had to hydrate crazy amounts. My eating habits are pretty good, I do eat healthy, but not enough. Exercise, I jumped on my bike two days ago for a bit and it was nice, but I am in terrible shape compared to normal.
Dub
Dub, ah you need to be guzzling water like it was free money......if it makes you puke big deal, drink more.......you are dehydrated and will be hospital bound for sure..........you feeling a little better yet or no?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
LDT

It's the first thing they do at the ER....they hydrate you.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

OK you guys are helping. I will take a walk in a few minutes. getting outside did help me breathe.
D
Old 12-16-2012, 08:18 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
LDT

Drink some water first.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I just drank some. Tastes weird, but Ill do it. Its filtered. Guess my system isnt able to comprehend it now. Im going to rest for a few..
D
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

What kind of bike racing? Got an S-works Tarmac myself!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:52 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrunkTx View Post
What kind of bike racing? Got an S-works Tarmac myself!
Very cool, nice bike. Road. crits and long distance. Pinarello prince sl...
Dub
Old 12-16-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Very nice! You are obviously no stranger then to the therapeutic benefits of sustained cardio workouts....my suggestion: get the bike up on the trainer (given your vernacular and ride, I assume you have the rainy day alternative); and shoot for a minimum 19-22mph for an hour or so......it will scare the beejesus out of the shakes!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Right on TX. I know, I almost wrecked last time tho. Need to get my strength back up now. Im in rough shape. I love the rides. Maybe a mtn bike ride around neighborhood later. If Im up to it.
Later
Dub
Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DrunkTx View Post
Very nice! You are obviously no stranger then to the therapeutic benefits of sustained cardio workouts....my suggestion: get the bike up on the trainer (given your vernacular and ride, I assume you have the rainy day alternative); and shoot for a minimum 19-22mph for an hour or so......it will scare the beejesus out of the shakes!
Doesn't this come pretty close to giving medical advice? I note that there appears to be no administrator, forum leader, etc. monitoring this forum at the present time. Only "community greeters"! I'm no doctor but I question whether violent exercise is appropriate if the blood pressure readings are sky high, as they sometimes are during withdrawal. I would certainly not be willing to take the responsibility for counseling violent exercise to "scare the beejesus out of the shakes". If it were I I'd quit worrying about the "shakes" and, while pedaling away, I'd start worrying about a stroke or heart attack. Count me out on this! The only advice I can give is to see a doctor.

W.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

First thing they did for me at the ER was hydrate me. That helped alot. Also, go to Youtube and search for "Alpha Brain Wave" meditation. It helps me calm down. But it sounds to me like you really need to get into the ER now. Call 911. Call a taxi. Call a friend. Whatever it takes.