Notices

Well its confirmed.Im in withdrawal pretty deep right now

Old 12-16-2012, 10:07 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Im hanging, comes and goes. Just an update. Took a nice shower and washed all of sweats off...maybe Im turning a corner here. I really appreciate you all.
Dub
Old 12-16-2012, 10:13 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hydration and a check of the electrolytes, plus blood pressure and other stuff. Only an M.D. can do that. Go for it!

W.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Im trying. Kind of a roller coaster now. Thanks
Dub
Old 12-16-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

How long has it been since you had a drink? You are on Day 2?
Try to drink water juice tea with sugar frequently today and maybe some soup broth. Whatever stays in your stomach and appeals to you.
Lay down for a while too?
You're doing the right thing by wanting to stop for sure, but you're smart enough to know when you need an ER too. Keep the faith, call someone too.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:36 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
How long has it been since you had a drink? You are on Day 2?
Try to drink water juice tea with sugar frequently today and maybe some soup broth. Whatever stays in your stomach and appeals to you.
Lay down for a while too?
You're doing the right thing by wanting to stop for sure, but you're smart enough to know when you need an ER too. Keep the faith, call someone too.
Today around 3am was last. I cant eat much now. I did hv some rice.
thanks
D
Old 12-16-2012, 10:40 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I can't stress enough that the ER is your best option right now. Seriously. Day 1 is bad enough but the withdrawals peak at Day 3. If you're already feeling compromised by your symptoms, hydrating, exercise, eating right, and resting are not going to make much of a dent. Withdrawal symptoms come and go ... one minute you feel "craptastic" and the next minute you think you're pulling out of it. I don't want to discourage you ... certainly, the best thing in the WORLD is for you not to drink ... but please detox safely. Your symptoms are scaring me.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

If you are having this kind of reaction before 24 hours have passed, the hospital is your safest choice, i thought you were closer to 48 hours.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

well. Im eating a ham and cheese tortilla wrap i made. seems to be tolerable.
Dub.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

So you think you can do this on your terms? Maybe... But it's not the risk of withdrawal or death... I don't know where you were at with the klonipin, but you know how it is with the benzos... Better than most people people I bet... And that ocean of alcohol thing is pretty worrisome, but know that too.

Is it really that you want to do this your way, by yourself, on your terms... It is not the withdrawal that scares you, is it?

Remember, I know how important it was to me to do things my way. It didn't work out so good. I didn't want help... To much commitment, to much being accountable to someone or something else.

Is that it? Is it worth your life? Maybe a stroke? Heart attack?

Live to ride another day. It's not so bad on the other side, seriously.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I just wouldn't want to go through that hell alone.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Maybe I will. Thanks. Just trying eat now,wo purge...
Dub
Old 12-16-2012, 11:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by desertsong View Post
I can't stress enough that the ER is your best option right now. Seriously. Day 1 is bad enough but the withdrawals peak at Day 3. If you're already feeling compromised by your symptoms, hydrating, exercise, eating right, and resting are not going to make much of a dent. Withdrawal symptoms come and go ... one minute you feel "craptastic" and the next minute you think you're pulling out of it. I don't want to discourage you ... certainly, the best thing in the WORLD is for you not to drink ... but please detox safely. Your symptoms are scaring me.
Desert Song, is that true that withdrawls "peak" on the third day?...is that a fact on average or was that your personal experiance?
I understand that everyones mileage may vary and there is nothing caved in stone but is that the average concensus?
I have passed day 3 thank God and i must say that you must be on the button because day 4 for me off the booze ranks up there as one of the lousiest days of my life.........and I was fully hydrated and a full stomach and had been on the treadmill for weeks prior as well on the treadmill on day 4 so yeah.......I can see how Dubs maybe be in his own private hell and only after 24 hours.......yikes.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:20 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

right now just weird emotional swings.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:27 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I needed to read this thread today, to put me back where I don't want to be. Ded, please get the help you need. This is no **** to be messing around with. You very well could die from this.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Maybe back off for a moment and think- "what are the negatives of getting medical help at this point?" You are consciously incurring a substantial risk by not doing so. So what's holding you back. Why are you not going to get the medical help which can prevent catastrophe? Be specific. Is it the fear of publicity? There was a mention of "control by others". If you get a heart attack or stroke and survive somehow, there's going to be a lot of publicity and control. So what's holding you back? You think you can do it yourself. Maybe you've done it before. So you think it's all right to "try" again. You're a gambler, maybe. Would the pros in Las Vegas put big money on the table on the bet that you'll make it this time? I don't think so. That's what you're doing, except that it's not money, it's your life.

W.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Camperboy View Post
is that true that withdrawls "peak" on the third day
Day one was hell for me, two was better and three was almost a miracle. Yes, mileage does vary.

Dub - I'm with ya here and know what you're going through. Please pound down as much water as possible, don't over exert yourself and get fresh air.

Find something good on TV to take your mind off the nightmare you're going through.

Of course, as others have said, call 911 if it gets to scary.

Do you have any fruit in the house? That's always a good fix for detox demon.

Keep us posted - I'm rooting you on!
Old 12-16-2012, 12:19 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

Dub

I didn't want to go to the Dr either....my fear of that was even greater than my fear of what was happening to me in detox.

Me? I ended up with a series of mini strokes - and that was a lucky outcome for me. I could have died.

This is simply not anything to fool with. It's not something to fix with exercise, or gallons of water, or a ham and cheese wrap IMO.

The best thing for you is to get medical help.
I hope you will.

D
Old 12-16-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I hope you will too...
some of the worst outcomes could be avoided
Old 12-16-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I'm getting queasy myself over what's happening here. A friend, someone like us, is hanging out, trying to do it alone and we're standing around saying stuff like "I'm with ya! Hang in there! We're rootin' for ya!" Would we be doing the same for someone standing on a ledge forty floors over the street? "Hang in there" "Way to go!" "Keep talkin to me! Brings back the old days! I wouldn't want to be where you are right now" etc. etc. Is this schadenfreude? Are we enablers? This guy may die. Yeah, brings back the old days!
I've said what I have to say and I'm out of here!

W.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

??
I see a lot of support here

Let's leave the metatextual analysis to one side, and continue to focus on that support....it is, after all, what we do here

thanks
D