Notices

omfg. This is killing me.

Old 03-08-2012, 03:45 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'm here. Doing better too. Not much beter but better none the less. Took a bath today and listened to some guided meditations. Been sleeping a little better but in very short amounts and broken. Anxiety is much lower today and just kinda waiting till my appetite returns.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm here. Doing better too. Not much beter but better none the less. Took a bath today and listened to some guided meditations. Been sleeping a little better but in very short amounts and broken. Anxiety is much lower today and just kinda waiting till my appetite returns. I have not vomited in over 24 hours.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:48 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I'm here. Doing better too. Not much beter but better none the less. Took a bath today and listened to some guided meditations. Been sleeping a little better but in very short amounts and broken. Anxiety is much lower today and just kinda waiting till my appetite returns.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Whoops didn't mean for the multiple posts. Latency issues I think. Sorry.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:03 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

It's so weird how I would give my entire day to help you but I actually might walk by you on the street. I want to do ANYTHING to help a fellow alkie.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:06 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I feel that way too Cloud.

Zaxx - Really glad to hear from you. I hope you won't put yourself through that misery again.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I never tried to get sober before. This wasn't a relapse. I mean I have said that whole "never drinking again" thing that everyone does when hung over and made an ass of themselves the next day but only as a joke. This is going to be my first try at getting sober. My denial lasted too long I guess.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

My temperature has came down a lot. I'm not sweating like I was yesterday. No shakes or only very little that I notice. Been doing a Nyquil shot about every 6 hours cause it relaxes me enough let me get a little sleep/relief and just kinda fighting it like the flu at this point. Once my appetite returns I start my antidepressants again. If I tried taking em now though they would wreck my body. I can't handle em without food and this binge killed my ability to eat.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Keeping the house really dark. I have a candle lit. Just trying to be relaxed. Reading stories on here helps a lot. Makes me feel a lot better.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Glad you're still with us Zaxx. At some point in the near future you might want to come up with a recovery plan. For now maybe snoop around the forum, see your family doc, and if you can, don't take that first drink. All the best.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Johnny. I'm still considering all options. The AA thing is a big turn off because of it's "higher power thing" with me. I don't think there is any higher power regarding myself then myself and since that is such a big part of their program I don't know what approach to take. AA is about the only good group option where I live though. Like I would have to either lie about accepting a higher power. I don't think I could do that for very long term. I'm just sorta lost with it all. I tend to be connecting to Buddhist approaches best at this point. I just want to center myself and find contentment. I don't think it is out of my control.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Take it easy zaxx...Sounds like you're making some progress...Glad you're still with us and I hope you get your appetite back soon..
Old 03-08-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Zaxx, the only requirement for AA is a desire to stop drinking. Personally, my higher power is truth.

I understand the reluctance, I felt the same way: I mean seriously... AA? I don't think so, I'm not like that, etc. And the truth is, I would willingly sit through an hour long rerun on TV that sucked the first time I saw it, but somehow was too busy to sit for 60 minutes in a room that possibily could save my life. Some people can get sober on their own, but unfortunately I was never one of them.

Good luck Jaxx - but do be careful. Seizures don't give advance warning, and having seen one up close & personal in someone who had just come out of medically supervised detox, I can attest that our disease plays for keeps.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Glad to hear from yiu again zaxx. Keep it up. We're here.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I once heard a sponsor tell someone when they didn't want to have a HP cause they didn't believe in God "someone hung that moon at comes up at night, and that someone wasn't you, you find yourself a God or you will die of the disease called alcoholism"
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

You already have a Higher Power, Zaxx. It is called alcohol.