Notices

omfg. This is killing me.

Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

I hope you start to feel better
Old 03-07-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the help and advise. Guys. I am feeling some pain right now still really bad and prolly will not be 100% for about a week. After I get better I need to remember what this felt like. If i wouldn't of found this site today would of be so much harder. Thanks to all of you.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
totfit

You don't ever have to feel this way again. I hated that when I heard it, but its so true and it is up to you.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

How is everything Zaxx? I am considering stopping myself!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Zaxx

I don't want to scare but although I felt bad, I didn't feel I needed a doctor either - & I ended up having a series of mini strokes.

I still have to deal with the aftermath of that, years later.

It's true not everyone had repercussions like that - but the point is none of us are Drs - including yourself - and withdrawal is unpredictable.

I hope you'll consider getting some help.

D
Old 03-07-2012, 01:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well it's hard right now Ken. Generally everything in life worth achieving is always hard and drinking is easy. Way too easy to be worth risking your health over. You can stop drinking if you decide you have a problem. This site is a great resource to make it not feel so lonely.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

As soon as I can eat again and get some rest I will just start taking some vitamins and take it easy on myself for a while. Treat myself with more respect. Be more accepting of my mortality and weaknesses. It's weird how alcoholism works. One day you are in your 20s just having fun with it and brushing off hangovers like no big deal. Then 10 years later or so you are facing death head on. Very strange.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

I've said everytime that I'll never drink again in situations like yours. Unfortunately, it never worked for very long.
Are you alone at home or do you have someone around who could call an ambulance if you get seizures or DT's or puke more blood? If not, you better go to an ER.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
~sb

You don't have time to call anyone in a seizure (I had one). Nyquil is closer to 25% alcohol. Blood coming out of mouth, anus, ears, or eyes is a serious sign of something that was damaged.

Go to the ER and get help.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

It might sound cliché and I don't know for sure if I can stay sober. I can try hard though. I am alone but I could call for help if I needed to. I haven't thrown up since the OP in the thread. Just some dry heaves here and there. No blood. I don't feel shaky. I feel like a really really bad flu with a lot of anxiety.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zaxx View Post
Drying out. uggh so gross feeling. Did a x2 1.75 liter bender. Just want this withdrawal to pass. I know I won't drink ever again if I can make it past this first couple days and heal. Been sweating, shaking, vomiting blood. Massive amount of anxiety. UGH SO SICK.
Doctor first discussion later. Throwing up blood ain't something to **** with.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I don't understand why your insurance would "flip". And who cares? that's what you have insurance for, xaxx.

What are you going to do if/when you are physically unable to get out of bed to get help? If you're alone and you have a seizure, you're screwed. I'd get in a taxi, head to the ER, get some help and then head home to rest somewhat more peacefully than you are now.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

My gf gets off work like now and bestie said he would leave work early if I needed some help. I ended up taking a shot of Nyquil. Yeah I know. You guys advised against it. I didn't take it for the alcoholic properties or more then directed. I also took a malatonin pill. As soon as I feel better and give my liver some rest time I'll go back on my anti-depressants. I thought I could manage without them but I was wrong.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Yea sounds like you were drinking really heavy man... I'd go to the ER... why mess around with your life? The financials might get messed up but maybe that's what it's gunna take to get you out of the hole???
Old 03-07-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon...
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Feeling better?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober is Better

hey man how you feeling today?
Old 03-08-2012, 01:50 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

enquiring minds wants to know Zaxx

D
Old 03-08-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

Hey Zaxx, how about an update darling? If you're still in a bad state go to the ER. Many of us have done it. There is no shame and they take good care of you. Crazy as it sounds, i enjoyed, my time in the ER. They were wonderful and i really felt cared for.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

If you're throwing up a lot of blood over and over you've got a prob and need to go see ur doctor. But if you were throwing up and then saw just some blood and it was only once its probably no big deal. Throwing up, especially if your dry heaving real bad, puts an enormous strain on all of the veins in your throat/face and can cause a tiny vessel to break and blood comes out. But I'm not trying to downplay it, like I said, if your throwing up strait blood over and over you need to see the doc...pronto!!!