Notices

omfg. This is killing me.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Zaxx))) - taking the Nyquil is just giving your body a tease of alcohol. You've gone from "I'm never going to drink again" to thinking "a beer" and tapering down. I don't know about you, but I never had ONE of anything I abused.

I'm sorry you feel horrible, but I agree with the others...I thought I'd hit bottom, but I had to find another one about a year later.

Please ditch the Nyquil..your body is thinking "oooh, that's what I'm used to....more, more, more" and it's just going to make things worse.

I wish you'd see a dr., too, but that's your decision.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-07-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

zaxx

I know right now you think nothing is going to make this better but trust me you will get through this. And putting something else in your system to counteract your withdrawl will only make it worse. You have shown a lot of strength so far, just lean on that strength and willpower and you WILL get through this.We all know what you are going through and unfortunately only you can make the choice that this will be the last time you will ever have to do this again! My thoughts and prayers are with you! Keep posting
Old 03-07-2012, 08:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh I know how it looks. I haven't taken the Nyquil or even really considered a beer. I just want to get some sort of relief in some way and those were random ideas. I don't want anything to do with any alcohol. I just want some sort of mild relief of anything that could work for just a moment.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Since it sounds like your not going to the ER, the only thing you have left is Time my friend. That's the only thing that's going to make you feel better. I've been that bad in the past (minus the blood) and the only thing you can do is tough it out. You will get through it though and when the worst is over, do yourself a favour and see your Doc and be as honest as you can about everything. Your amoungst friends here.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Detoxing from alcohol at home, alone or even with someone there can be deadly!

Puking blood, a little or a lot is a red flag.

Please go to the ER. Be honest and tell them you are coming off of 2 1.75 bottles of booze. Nothing about your thoughts, you just need help with the detoxing. I would suspect by the time you get there your hands will be shaking some if they are not already.

There are many of us on here that have had very dire consequences after detoxing or starting to detox without medical supervision. He!! I ended up in the ER, seizuring and heart stoppages all day long with the final heart stoppage and 28 minutes of them trying to restart me, when the ER doc started to put the TOD on my chart and my heart started on it's own..

Others on here have had seizures, strokes that left permanent damage, etc

You are dehydrating FAST. Please don't waste any more time and get thyself, via a friend or taxi to the ER before someone has to call for an ambulance for you.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am not shaking. Just laying in bed drinking a lot of water. Reading peoples stories on here has really helped a lot. I am just coming to terms and being okay with it. I can't ever risk putting myself in this position again so I can't drink. I don't think the blood thing was much to worry about. It wasn't that much and I was basically just vomiting uncontrollably at that point. I feel a lot better then I did then. If I needed to go to ER I would. I don't feel that this a dire emergency at this point.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Fair enough......nobody was gonna talk me into much when I was in your shoes either.

Do consider this though, if you're an alcoholic, it's probably gonna take more to STAY stopped than just stopping in the first place.

Someone mentioned "remember today.....remember how this feels." I dunno about you but I've had a history of a remarkable ability to forget the bad days as the pressures of life loomed large and I'd be right back at the drinking before long. Remembering the bad times never kept me sober.......for long.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

^^^ Amen to that...They even tell you in the book that won't work...
Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Oh I'm an alcoholic. I am okay with that. I just need to really concentrate more on my actions and decisions and I think that will be enough to get me to stay sober. I have had my fill. I never want to feel like this again. I am going to try my best to start a new chapter in my life. For now I just plan to keep a low profile and avoid drinkers. Eventually I think I'lll be okay with being around drinkers and not drinking. For now though I think I would fall into bad habits again.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
^^^ Amen to that...They even tell you in the book that won't work...
Well, just cuz it's in our AA book doesn't necessarily make it an absolute.......to me.

some ppl CAN remember their last drink, think through the drink, just say no.......etc etc etc. -- I couldn't. I just brought it up because it was true for me.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
Well, just cuz it's in our AA book doesn't necessarily make it an absolute.......to me.
I haven't found much in there...That wasn't spot on...I'll keep looking...
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Fair enough......nobody was gonna talk me into much when I was in your shoes either.

Do consider this though, if you're an alcoholic, it's probably gonna take more to STAY stopped than just stopping in the first place.

Someone mentioned "remember today.....remember how this feels." I dunno about you but I've had a history of a remarkable ability to forget the bad days as the pressures of life loomed large and I'd be right back at the drinking before long. Remembering the bad times never kept me sober.......for long.
I'm that right this very minute. Apparently the two last horrible withdraws that sent me to the hospital were not enough for me to learn my lesson. It gets worse each time.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

I haven't found much in there...That wasn't spot on...I'll keep looking...
Then your truth is in the book. .....and it's true because it's true for you....... it's not that it's (just) true for you because it's in the BB.

Old 03-07-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by zaxx View Post
I just need to really concentrate more on my actions and decisions and I think that will be enough to get me to stay sober.

I am going to try my best to start a new chapter in my life. For now I just plan to keep a low profile and avoid drinkers.
Well good, at least that's a plan (vs "I'm just gonna hope this doesn't happen again"). For me, that plan didn't work (not by a longshot - lol) but maybe it will for you.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Then your truth is in the book. .....and it's true because it's true for you....... it's not that it's (just) true for you because it's in the BB.

Maybe I was just grasping for a flimsy reed...I guess you're right.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
a southern belle

Dude.....if you think you have to "lie" to the docs etc....you probably need very very badly...to tell the truth! You can't run from these demons...they're faster and smarter than you! Good luck...mags
Old 03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Maybe I was just grasping for a flimsy reed...I guess you're right.
nah.......I think you're good....... no flimsy reed to me. just a difference in approach maybe?
Old 03-07-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you continue to monitor your symptoms and don't dismiss going to the ER if things change. You can't predict if or when a seizure will occur, so please be careful.

I wish you well in your recovery.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:13 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I agree with everyone here Zaxx!! You need medical attention now!! You had the courage to post on here now be your own advocate and get help!!! You can do this!!!! Lind
Old 03-07-2012, 12:09 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
My brain is trying to kill me

Sorry to be so skeptical...

A lot of this advice is from those of us that have been there, done that; and you are declining all suggestions and isolating yourself and displaying all the behaviors we all recognize in ourselves as alcoholics. You can not do it alone; take our advice; get some help, AA is a great way to start. Everyone has felt as bad as you have and your extremely graphic posts are boring. We just need to hear you are here for help, and we're more than happy to do so. Get some help, keep in touch. Best wishes.