Notices

The end of a perfectly bad drinking career

Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thanks for all these posts Lost...Just read all of them, and they are inspiring. You deserve all the praise you are getting here - keep up the great work....I am almost 14 months sober, and still need to be inspired by stories like yours..keeps me and others going.

A thread like this makes me feel proud and excited for all of us....We can do this, and ARE doing it together....Keep it up!!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:21 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

So...day 27...and still going strong. Last night was a learning experience for me...There was no one home, i had the night off, could sleep in this morning, my old me would have picked up a bottle, sat on the couch, and zombiefied myself to stupid television. Instead, i thought about how Alcohol is a poison, and did i really feel like drinking Drano? No, so i came here for a little bit, then crawled into bed early with a good book, and really enjoyed just the peace and quiet..the house being all warm, the dog at the foot of the bed..Was I missing out on something? I really dont think so..Alcohol never added or gave anything to my life, it only took things away, and cost me money, health, possessions, dignity, peace of mind..you all know the story. So, waking up Sober..yeah, that is something that is real, that is something tangible, something worth while. Thinking through that moment when perhaps a drink might be relaxing? nah, might be relaxing for a few moments, then that drink calls for another and another...and that moment of relaxation certainly will turn quickly into feelings of despair, anxiety, self loathing, regrets...the cost is way too high...have a great day, all...peace
Old 01-27-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you LE!

D
Old 01-29-2012, 08:58 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hello Again..Well, another weekend passes, and still on the sobriety boat, feeling like that is an accomplishment. I was thinking, part of the whole alcoholic thing, maybe part of the disease, is our counting of days sober. Normal people dont even think about it, but then again, they dont obsess over alcohol either. We really are in a class of our own, and that just reinforces how mentally/spiritually/psychologically and even physiologically alcoholics are different from "Normal" people. Our lives somehow became enmeshed with alcohol, to a point where it became so important that even when it is gone, its still there in the shadows of our brain..guess it always will be there. Today, i am not listening to any little evil voice saying one is okay..today, I am sober, and will remain so..thank you. peace
Old 01-29-2012, 09:15 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I know what you mean about counting the days - I know many others do too....Not sure why...Maybe to reinforce that what we are doing is the best thing we have ever done for ourselves - a reminder that we are on the right path...Also, a daily reminder of where the drinking path took us....so as to be sure we don't head back down that path...Whatever the reason, I am on day 423 and still counting on my calendar....keep counting....
Old 01-30-2012, 09:27 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 30...I am feeling good, and still sober..this is a milestone to say the least. I dont miss drinking, well, not really, and know that I am going to keep on this sobriety path i have taken. I hope everyone has a good sober next month too...thanking SR for all the help I have received..Yay.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Day 31 for me, and I am counting too (obviously). I have never been sober this long, so I guess every day that I count as a "sober day" means a lot to me. As the days add up, my resolve gets stronger to continue. So I'll continue to count the days ... for now.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am continuing to count as well...Day 31, a whole month...good start to the New year. I have a whole lot of stressors right now, and that actually strengthens my resolve to remain out of the bottle...I know that I would re-enter a very dark, desolate and desperate place if I would go back to drinking right now. Alcohol has never offered me any solutions, I have absolutely no reason to think it might at this time either. All I can do is try to do the best I can, and maybe it might not be good enough, but I can say that I did what I could, let the chips fall where they may...and this too shall pass..
Old 01-31-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on your progress

D
Old 02-03-2012, 08:26 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Feb 3...that means 34 days sober...I feel good, and each day sober really is a victory for me. Spent an hour last night with my sponsor (cyber, but still....) doing the whole healthy eating, going to the gym thing, and feeling so much better. Its great not waking up sick and tired...I had just a few quick twinges towards alcohol, but I ignored them, distracted myself, and they passed quickly...I dont want to go back to that lonely, dark, desolate, desperate place..Alcohol has kicked my butt too much already, I dont want to fight it anymore...surrender..have a great day all..
Old 02-07-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hello All.....Day 38 today, still sober. I dont feel like drinking at all, and am trying to fill the space where alcohol used to be with healthier pursuits. I have had a lot to think about lately, compounded problems, but dealing with it sober sure beats befuddled thinking with booze. I hope everyone is going strong with their sobriety, finding some peace and happiness...
Old 02-07-2012, 01:47 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on 38 days LE

D