Notices

The end of a perfectly bad drinking career

Old 01-09-2012, 07:59 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Love your posts losteverything!! It's so awesome we can get on here and see it get better day by day. Don't forget to post when you are having bad moments or days too.

Hang in there my friend.

God bless.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:29 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello, lost everything and everyone on hear

I'm really impressed with your progress and your helping me focus on whats important, and that's me.

If i don't get better, then i will never be able to take care of all the people who I love in my life.

Best of luck in rehab, hang in there, were all pulling for you.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:11 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 10...thanks for the encouragement, everyone...you dont know how much that means to me, how much you keep me accountable, how I really dont let not only myself down, but all you as well. I am happy to be sober, and that might just be the difference this time. I am not inclined to go back to my dark place...that place of misery, isolation and insanity. I was existing, and not a very good existence at that...i mean, the high light of the day was going to the bottle shop? Waiting at 8:55, at the doors to the booze shop, waiting for them to open up at 9? what was going through my head other than alcohol? To the new comers, please know that as bad as you think your drinking career is, I have been there and beyond. This isn't a peeing contest, just know that the sun can shine again, your head can slowly clear, that life will go on, and things can turn around if you allow yourself to feel again..thank you.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:32 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

This is morning Day 11...woke up feeling great after a pretty good nights sleep. Its such a different perspective now..going to bed knowingly, sober, and at early hours. Sleeping through the night, not doing the zombie walk in the middle of the night, all confused and maybe grabbing a drink. I woke up this morning to the smell of fresh coffee, and a drink never even came into my head...that is hugely awesome. This site helps me so much, the encouragement, the fellowship, the accountability. Just a little slight shakes, but that could be just because i haven't shaken off those sleepy cob webs yet. All I know is, I am so glad not to be drinking anymore. I dont have that sick and tired feeling right now..I didn't wait up with dread, fear, anger...all those terrible feelings that come from alcohol abuse. I know I will never be a Normie..and I am alright with that..but if this is how Normies wake up, i shake my head in bewilderment why I ever started down that rabbit hole..Peace to everyone...and one day at a time.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

I can't tell you how much I look forward to your posts every day. You are really inspiring me! Thank you for continuing to keep us updated. You are doing beautifully. Have a wonderful, sober day.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

good luck to you lost, when you are feeling better, you'll notice you have so much more time to do things like martial arts and working out. A great addictive substitute that you were wondering about. My new addiction is walking, it's a physical and spiritual high. I recently lost my son and I am very emotionaly lost, so I get outside for long walks, seems to help. I do know that drugs and alcohol are not the answer, been down that path, wasted too much life....other's are counting on us to live....
Sounds like your gf has been a huge help to you. Make sure she gets some hugs too.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

well, beginning of day 12...yesterday was full of concerning bad news, but i didn't feel at all that i wanted or needed to drink, so that is good. I dont know what the spin off from that news will be...seems it would have been better to remain in the closet, rather than come clean about everything..seems now all types of Authorities want to involve themselves, i dont trust doctors any longer, and who knows what will happen with my work. I wont drink today...in fact, dont think i can/will ever drink again, but I certainly didn't expect alll this crap to come cascading down on me..i should have just kept my mouth shut. I hope everyone keeps sober, have a good day, and will upddate when i know more..peace
Old 01-13-2012, 08:32 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Please know Drinking/Drugging will not solve any problems..in fact it makes matters worse. Let us know how you are. We care. All my prayers you are doing better today.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:42 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Today marks the 2 week stage...still going strong, despite some very big stressors lately. Alcohol wont make them any better, so I will continue on, one day at the time, and hope that everything will fall into place properly, as long as i keep doing the next best thing..
Old 01-14-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Old 01-15-2012, 08:41 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

This is the beginning of day 15 for me. I woke up refreshed, clear headed, and without that cloud of despair. I have been thinking lately...Alcohol has just always taken and taken from me and my life...its never really given anything at all. Its cost me so much, its an insiduous drug which has never fulfilled any promise of relief...I think its cost me enough now. Most of my most costy experiences have involved Alcohol. I cant remember now when I felt that alcohol enhanced an experience. Today, I wont drink..thank you all...peace
Old 01-17-2012, 06:56 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 17...i wake up non stumbly, not feeling sick and tired..and early. I guess that comes from going to bed at a reasonable time, and having real sleep, not just those demon riddled sleeps induced by alcohol. I know bumpy roads lie ahead, and I know that things aren't ever going to be easy...but I also know that Alcohol wont help, no matter what..never did, never will....today, I wont drink...
Old 01-17-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Day 18 for me! Yay for us!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Good job losteverything. Way to stick with it.

God bless.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 18...up early, because i go to bed early and sober..and have restful sleeps rather than those booze riddled sleeps, where its mostly passing out. I have alot of life repairs to do, but know that I will handle these repairs much more competently sober than i ever could boozed up. Life didnt have to be the way it was for me, I let it get that bad. My eyes are open now, my thinking is clearing up, and I surrender to Alcohol. No more fighting and raging against it, It won, and i am giving up the fight. I wont drink today, and for today, thats enough. Peace all.....
Old 01-19-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Day 19...still going strong..this is feeling better and better...
Old 01-19-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Losteverything,

Congratulations on 19 days!!! Yeah, it is unbelievable how booze can mess up your life....my standards of acceptability had dropped so low. Keep up the good work!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Keep on going lost!

God bless.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations LE

D
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Big Congratulations Lost! 19 days is fantastic. You have such a great attitude and I couldn't be happier for you.

Best Wishes To You!