Notices

The end of a perfectly bad drinking career

Old 01-20-2012, 01:53 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

@losteverything, you sound so damn positive and determined these days! An inspiration to us all, keep going and thank you.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:46 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Day 20...back at work, and feeling pretty good. As I was driving into work, i was reflecting on the past, and how much Alcohol had affected my life, in so many negative ways. I know things would have been drastically different now, had i not become so enmeshed with Alcohol. It literally overcame me, or I became it..Life is complicated enough, without having alcohol messing with my brains synapses, without the confusion, without the stress, worry, hiding...I know i dont miss the shakes, the sickness, the nauseous feeling..and then i wonder, why did I ever get to that place? The answer is simple..I am an alcoholic...That doesn't mean I have to suffer the effects of being an active alcholic though..and one day at a time, I am resolved to rebuild my sanity, my life, my relationships, my future....peace.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:21 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Congrats to you! Your story has been riveting and inspiring. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Congratulations Losteverything, stay strong. Day18 for me, your story is inspiring.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:50 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

So this is day 21...how cool is that? 3 weeks sober...and life really does improve. I wake up with energy, i dont dread the day, things make a little more sense each day, i feel more rested and free, and i dont have to wonder/worry about what happened last night. A guy could get used to this..
Old 01-21-2012, 07:57 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Good on ya!!! I agree, the best thing about being sober (so far) is waking up in the morning with a clear head, feeling good, and not having to ask the inevitable question: "What the hell did I DO last night?!" What a relief.

Keep at it - you're doing beautifully. It's been very inspiring to follow your progress.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Congrats lost; very inspiring. I hope you do get used to it!!
Old 01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations on day 21

D
Old 01-22-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Okay, i know people dont need a day to day blow out, but today is 22 for me. Last night was Saturday night, and although it felt a little weird not drinking and going to bed a 9pm, it didnt feel bad either. I think about the money i have wasted on alcohol and drugs, the brain damage i have done...but mostly i think about how much of my life I have wasted in the fog, how much more i could have done clean and sober. Its not really like eating at me, but it is regretful. I am glad to be walking out of that fog now, that i still have enough life left to enjoy it...that i am not slowly killing myself any longer. I want to live, i want to appreciate, and that just doesn't happen when intoxicated. Thank you..peace..
Old 01-22-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

I enjoy the daily posts!
Old 01-22-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Please keep this thread going, cos for me it helps, we gave up on the same day and reading your posts encourages me to continue. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Old 01-22-2012, 11:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Way to do it lost! Sobriety is about living life!!

Keep it up!!

God bless.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Well, this seems to be going well. Today is Day 23..and I still have no inclining for tinkling..Sure, i have thought about Alcohol, and I probably always will, but its like thinking about a Bully who kicked my butt every day for so long, I just kind of wonder if that Bully will kick my butt again today, but then I remember, I dont have to go down his street at all. I like waking up not feeling all beat up, I like feelings more now...I know the Bully must be pissed at me, and if i try to go down his street again, I will get even a bigger beating than last time..Okay, he can own that street, I get it, stay off his turf...That street is all dark and gloomy anyhow, i have no friends on that street, and spring is coming to my neighbourhood, I can even catch some sun rays occasionally on my own street..peace
Old 01-23-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by losteverything View Post
Well, this seems to be going well. Today is Day 23..and I still have no inclining for tinkling..Sure, i have thought about Alcohol, and I probably always will, but its like thinking about a Bully who kicked my butt every day for so long, I just kind of wonder if that Bully will kick my butt again today, but then I remember, I dont have to go down his street at all. I like waking up not feeling all beat up, I like feelings more now...I know the Bully must be pissed at me, and if i try to go down his street again, I will get even a bigger beating than last time..Okay, he can own that street, I get it, stay off his turf...That street is all dark and gloomy anyhow, i have no friends on that street, and spring is coming to my neighbourhood, I can even catch some sun rays occasionally on my own street..peace
Good job lost

I think you will love & relate to this AA speaker tape, especially his graphic story/analogy about being a fighter & getting his ass kicked many times in the ring & how everyone slowly left the auditorium while he continually battled this smart demon (alcohol) with his family in the front row. Its awesome!

Don C. from Colorado Springs, CO : The XXXIII Gopher State Roundup in Bloomington, MN : AA Speaker Tapes

All of the best in your recovery
Old 01-24-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

You've inspired ME!

Your posts have set me back on course, I slipped up and after reading your inspirational story I am 1 week sober and going strong. Thanks!!!!!!

Keep up the good work your not doing this alone.

dt3
Old 01-25-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hello everyone who reads these simple posts. Day 25 today, still feeling it..by it I mean positive, energetic, more wholesome, more optimistic. I haven't had any real cravings at all, i guess its like just missing occasionally something familiar. I am still dealing with the fallout of quitting drinking, and Doctors who seem way too intrusive and overbearing, but all i need to do is the next best thing, and the real solution is so obvious: Dont pick up.. Have a great day, all..
Old 01-25-2012, 09:16 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hello everyone who reads these simple posts. Day 25 today, still feeling it..by it I mean positive, energetic, more wholesome, more optimistic. I haven't had any real cravings at all, i guess its like just missing occasionally something familiar. I am still dealing with the fallout of quitting drinking, and Doctors who seem way too intrusive and overbearing, but all i need to do is the next best thing, and the real solution is so obvious: Dont pick up.. Have a great day, all..
great job. Keep it up
Old 01-25-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

great job. Keep it up
Old 01-25-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hello everyone who reads these simple posts. Day 25 today, still feeling it..by it I mean positive, energetic, more wholesome, more optimistic.
Awesome! Its a sweet things isn't it, feeling good & good about yourself and therefore about life.

So happy for you, more positive energy inbound your way now ;-)

Take Care ~ NB
Old 01-25-2012, 09:23 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!