Notices

Wasted 4 29 yrs. Trying soberity 1 time

Old 05-23-2011, 05:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

It's never too late to quit, Inda. I quit at age 39 and recently marked two years sober. You need to just keep adding days, and the fog will begin to clear. Day 6 may not feel a whole lot better than Day 5, but I guarantee you will see progress when you start comparing days with larger gaps in between. Day 10 will feel better than Day 5. Day 20 will fill better than Day 20. Keep posting and getting advice here. You can do this, and you will not regret a single moment of sobriety!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Smile day 6

Well I am moving on foward to day 6 sweet! I actually ended up feeling descent by the end of yesterday all things considered,and was exhausted ate drank plenty and fell asleep at 1am which is early for me anyway.Lots of sweating but stayed sleeping till about 10am wow.

So this is what is like to wake up sober I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really feel good except for I am still shaking but I will take this shaking over shaking hungover as can be and going to the bottle to stop it.

Thank you all for your responses. I totally new to this so if someone could tell me I do keep posting my day on this thread do you start new ones or what?

I would guess this is when it gets scary feeling better and all I guess I just have to keep thinking of all the money,3 dui's,jobs,relationships, ect. That this damn addiction has cost Really makes me so sad, plus I sure my emotions are going to be complety all over the place for a long time. Being trashed all the time .
Well I be back cause I am not very computer savoy,I really to typeor talk about my feeling but I have to already I feel better.

I think I could see a new addiction in my future LOL
Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

You're doing just fine computer-wise and you can start new threads or continue posting on this one.

Good for you on Day 6, and yeah your emotions will probably be a bit crazy for awhile, but you can get through this.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go Inda - here's to day 6!

I totally agree about the mornings! That was a real motivator for me. When I was tempted to have a drink, I thought about how it was like picking between two kinds of mornings. I could have "Morning A" with all the heart palpitations, shakiness, and anxiety, guilt, etc. etc. OR "Morning B," with all the really good stuff. (It took some time before I got smart again and connected the dots, haha!)

And like you said, it can get tough when we feel better, like "was I really that messed up?" I think that's where this place saved my a__ . So many people telling my story, wanting to stop, and then others who took it further and lost everything...it was hard to stay in denial. I was here sometimes morning, noon and night just convincing myself over and over....... Maybe I needed it more because I hadn't had a big crisis, didn't have embarrassing blackouts, etc..... I don't know. But it sure helped.

Keep up the good work and remember to take it one day at a time.:day6
Old 05-23-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey--

I'm close to your age, started abusing whatever I could get my hands on at 14, 15, and never really stopped until the last two years. Quit the street drugs eight years ago, and the prescription drugs that my doc did not prescribe, but alcohol was always present, and has been a real problem since age nineteen.

I really regret the time lost, and sometimes say, **** this; why bother?

But I feel better all-around--physically, obviously; after seven months I have tried hard, a first, to abstain from ETOH, and my mind may be clearing as well. I'm in a really chaotic place, a shelter, and got there pretty much under my own steam.

There are a lot of recovery options available on the Internet.

Take what you can from every approach that appeals to you.

Regards,

freerad
Old 05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on day6 IndaMiricale

D
Old 05-24-2011, 07:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Talking day 7

Well on day 7 so nice to keep feeling well. For all those years day after day waking only to feel like sh** and that being polite>

I think I finally in the mood to do some cooking , I am hungry for something good. I thinking strip steak with garlic roasted mashed potato's, grilled asparagus and top it off the steak with crimini mushrooms and for the asparagus a balsamic reduction. I just have to be a little care with the knifes still a little shakey LOL
I been in fine dining resaurants my whole life and will be weird to go back sober, but I am looking foward to it .

Alright one more day right? to the next
Old 05-24-2011, 08:00 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Yummy- making me hungry!
You are doing good- keep going!
Old 05-25-2011, 10:27 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Day 8

Well still here and comin back, cant believe it has been 7 days!!

For the first time in my life ever trying to be sober and I made it this far, I must say I am very proud of mysellf. Not to fool myself that it is not going to be easy but aleast I finally started somewhere.

Really feeling pretty positive and good so far today.

I have to go to the court house tomorrow for a payment hearing (once a month)for my last dui, and I pray last one this has cost me 8k so far still owe 1,110 to the court , my job because I had to serve 20 days in the county jail,and my car.

Starting all over at my age is scary and I hope I can just keep my chin up and keep truckin on.

Peace,Dyaln
Old 05-25-2011, 01:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

good for you IndaMiracle!

D
Old 05-26-2011, 09:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Day 9

Well on day 9 if I look back to where i was a week ago it seems like a bad dream. And it sure feels a lot longer than a week.

Feeling anxious today I dont know why but the drinking voice keeps trying to talk me into to it today so far it been a little battle, so far sober guy is winning hope he can all day. Any suggestions?

I think it might have to do with going to the courthouse today, cause even though I know everything that happpens each month when I go I still get so stresssed out. Then after I relax and have always had some drinks to celebrate(what I dont know just another 4 weeks before I am back ggeeezzz).

So I so trained to doing that , deep breathes.

Plus I thought I would share my morning ride , I ride a bike everywhere which I really like except it not so bike friendly here not like in Boulder or San Fransico where I used to live but anyway. On my way to the court I came across a railroad crossing and it was blocked by the train not moving. So I creep up closer to an intersection where a cop was directing trafffic. And I talk brieflly to see if the train was goin to move or what, and he happen to be a first responder and told me a guy tried to go through the warning lights was struck by the train and when he pulled him out he also said that he wreeked of booze and there was a vodka bottle in the car . Man o Man lets all stay safe out there best wishes.

another deep breath and try to keep on goin here!!!!

Peace, Dylan
Old 05-26-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey! You are doing great! After going to court come here instead of having a drink. Post about what happened and how you felt. You may help someone.

Keep that primitive, pleasure seeking part of your brain quiet! You are happier now and you can kick it to the curb! LOL
Old 05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Well court went as normal as can be, except I was totally sober thats a first!

Still having bad cravings today undo all the work done what a waste of good energy that would be. I tried working in the yard a little hard to cause its so flooded , so I cleaned some of the gutters that i thought needed work cleaned up after the storm we had.

Still have that damn voice, I know I cant expect to be in control in only 9 days but this kinda really scares me . I guess I will just try another walk maybe take some pictures or something to get my mind of the only thing it knows which is anything toxic

See everyone soon I hope

Peace, Dylan
Old 05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're like me Dylan, you drank for years - it takes time to turn that behaviour around

You're doing great, but take it easy - one foot in front of the other

D
Old 05-26-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yea drank for years as long as I can remember.

I am tryin very hard , i truley have never done this before. It sure would be nice to get more than one post daily, but then again i dont deserve any thing

I dont know , One beautiful breath at a time. I have noticed people like qoutees an stuff so

so i went up to the great north wood to be a cook for a spelll and one day the axe just fell.

peace, Dylan
Old 05-26-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

by the way that is Bob Dylan , Tangled up in Blue , the man i named after have seen at least 40 times in my life .Sometimes being a partier helps with stuff
Old 05-26-2011, 07:02 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

By the way those two on that bed are my inspiration as like most you have animals. well my whole life i always had the kind of the kind /

smile and please loook up toward the sun or moon an enjoy!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 12:34 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Did some yard work , still havin a tough time !!!!!

Let this demon free

Peace, Dylan
Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep connected here Dylan - the early days can be rough - but you're not alone

D
Old 05-27-2011, 07:29 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Sorry your first five days were so difficult. I am on day seven, and it is still hard. I am hoping it gets easier. Hang in there. Good luck this weekend!