Notices

No Drinking THIS Monday. :)

Old 11-19-2012, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Drinking THIS Monday. :)

I'm back on Day 4 and it's a Monday (which is my toughest day of the week). Today I'm still going strong. Have work to do tonight so that's keeping me focused. Thanks to the hectic week I have (thank goodness) I"ll be too busy to drink anyway! So, no odd little moments of wondering how to spend my free time (with a drink). By this approaching Sunday it will be 10 days. That's my goal. Then I'll set a new one after that.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would only suggest you be very careful of adding all these extra things to occupy yourself so you do not drink. What happens when you run out of distractions or things to do?

For me, I gave up trying to chase other things to avoid drinking. I no longer have to fill my time to keep me distracted so I do not drink. For me that was all added anxiety. When I learned that I could not drink right now, regardless of what I was doing or what was happening around me, I could breathe again.

There is of course nothing wrong with finding healthy alternatives to drinking and staying busy. All I'm suggesting is the real work comes when there is nothing else to do but be with yourself. Those are the moments we need to feel those rising cravings and face them head on.

Just something to think about.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree, Vinyl. Ive found the same has been true for me too.
Good luck today Badger....stay strong and determined. Im sure you can meet your goal
Old 11-19-2012, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
I

All I'm suggesting is the real work comes when there is nothing else to do but be with yourself. Those are the moments we need to feel those rising cravings and face them head on.
Good advice. I'm still finding this very difficult...