SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Wasted 4 29 yrs. Trying soberity 1 time (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/227643-wasted-4-29-yrs-trying-soberity-1-time.html)

IndaMiricale 05-22-2011 04:44 AM

Wasted 4 29 yrs. Trying soberity 1 time

This is first time I ever posted or tried to be sober by choice or than jail that is. I have been a heavy partier since I was 16 now 39 where did go I dont know. But , I am going on day 5 yesterday was hell.

Day 1 vomit all day and night.no sleep
Day 2 bathroom, bathroom ect.no sleep
Day 3 same as 2 started shaking a little and sweats heart racing. no sleep
Day 4 started same as 3 by the afternoon I was seeing things sweating in big phases, heart thought was going to come out! Just tried to breath since and deep and slow laid down and fell asleep thank somebody. Sleep 12-13 hours and woke up after sweating that whole sleep.Felt little better for a awhile then stumbed on to this site, best stumble I ever had since I was 16 .
Day 5 really shakin but feel much better so far ,be back soon wish me luck

FBL 05-22-2011 04:51 AM

Wow, sounds like a tough withdrawl...hope you'll be okay. The good thing is, if you stay sober, you'll never have to go through that hell again.

BackToSquareOne 05-22-2011 04:56 AM

Even after 5 days of withdrawal going to your Doctor is something you should consider. No telling how much damage was caused after all those years of drinking. Heart, liver, kidneys etc. etc., the alcohol takes its toll on everything.

ACT10Npack 05-22-2011 07:35 AM

It gets tough but it will pass. Taking in Vitamin B and drinking orange juice will help. In a few days you will feel better. If your worry about the withdrawn they go see a doctor about it. If you can, see your family doctor first before going to the ER, just because of price of the ER if you go there.

coffeenut 05-22-2011 07:57 AM

We're glad you're here. Keep coming back.

RyanRed 05-22-2011 08:04 AM

Bud I know just what your going threw. I myself was in those same shoes you are in right now a few weeks ago. Just know that it does get better! You should start telling a sense of calmness after the first week. And when you do, you will feel fantasic mentally! Its like this huge boulder is lifted off your shoulders.

Of course you will still need to fight temptation, but your trust me its SO WORTH IT! Feeling sober after so many years of drinking myself is a far better feeling then being smashed everyday!

-Ryan

1undone 05-22-2011 08:09 AM

Hi there and welcome! Come here day and night! Stay away from the beast! I'm at DAY 9!!! Almost in the double digits! My first time wanting to be sober too! Of course everyone tells you you need to but it's not until you are desperate to stop playing the game that you stop.

Quiet the primitive side of your brain that wants to drink as much as you can with support and love. as others have said - KEEP COMING BACK! :ghug3

Anna 05-22-2011 08:15 AM

Welcome!

I'm glad you found us.

tripolii31 05-22-2011 08:33 AM

Welcome - Good luck and keep coming :)

Welcome - it really does get better. Keep at it one day at a time.

recoverywfaith 05-22-2011 08:35 AM

:welcome

Zencat 05-22-2011 09:35 AM

Welcome to SR

Fifteen years ago at about your age with the about the same time of being an addict I entered recovery. Its been quite a ride since then. A lot of clean/sober time interrupted by varying lengths of returns to my old life. Over all being in recovery has diffidently improved my life far beyond my expectations.

Wishing you well on your road to wellness.

Snarf 05-22-2011 10:00 AM

As others have said, if you have the means to see a doctor and speak about coming off the alcohol, I highly recommend it. But as far as the withdrawals go, I'm very familiar with them, as are many people here. Yep, this can be the last time you ever go through it. The thought alone of having to experience that again is enough to keep me off the bottle. The sweats, inability to sleep...ugh. I just felt really gross.

But after a few days I started feeling a lot better. Within a couple weeks I was sleeping much more soundly and waking up feeling energized and invigorated, ready to tackle the day.

Hang in there; this too shall pass, as all things do. Thanks for joining us! I found this site on the day I knew I could no loner have a relationship with alcohol if I wanted to live a joyous, productive life; been here and booze-free ever since.

I hope Day 6 goes better for you than the previous ones!

artsoul 05-22-2011 10:03 AM

Welcome IndaMiricale - Congrats on your decision to get sober! Being sober seems strange and scary at first, but each day gets better and better. I hope you feel better soon - that sounds like a rough detox.

Take it one day or one hour at a time. Keep reading and posting. I couldn't have done it without this place. It really helped take my mind off my own stuff, plus helped me deal with the insane part of me that still wanted a drink.

Glad you here!:ghug3

HReady 05-22-2011 01:17 PM

IndiaM~Good Luck on your sobriety. That was a tough Detox. Glad today is a bit better 4 U.

Just wondering...how much were U drinking everyday?

citylights 05-22-2011 01:25 PM

Welcome to SR and congratulations on making it through a tough withdrawal. You're an inspiration to me,

Dee74 05-22-2011 02:44 PM

Welcome :)

Sorry you're having a rough time - I really recommend seeing a Dr, IndaMiricale - it really is the best thing to do.

D

Zebra1275 05-22-2011 02:55 PM

Welcome, and another vote for seeing a Doctor. That sounds like a tough withdrawal.

CarolD 05-22-2011 04:27 PM

Welcome...:wavey:
Good to know you are here.

IndaMiricale 05-22-2011 08:33 PM

To answer that could very but at least 12 beers and probably 4,5 shots which were always doubles cause I work in the restaurant bus. and all bartender hook up others. Great right now, but easy could do more cause I never counted or hardly paid in a fog , I only on day 5 but I like it so far!!!!!

EmeraldRose 05-22-2011 09:12 PM

Welcome Indamiricale...hopefully it gets better in the next day or two. Make sure you're drinking alot of fluids. Sleep when you can...and see your doctor soon. Glad you're here.