Notices

My wife took my daughter and just left

Old 02-14-2011, 08:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I know you're hurting and it sucks, and I completely understand being drunk. I really do.

And you know what? Even if you get sober and clean up, I can't promise you a thing.

There is one thing, though, that I can predict with absolute certainty.

Are you ready?

You will not get your family back if you are drunk. 100% true.

Sober up, get some recovery going-- and you might.

Drunk? Take a seat buddy.

You're finding your bottom, Mesh. When all we've got left to look at is ourselves, we decide.

Am I worth doing this for?
Old 02-14-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
where the light is

Get the self pity out of your system. If drinking is your answer right now, go for it. But get over it quickly.

My marriage ended November 2009. I whined and complained about it for a few months until my friends got sick of hearing about it. Yeah, it hurt like hell and it was probably the worst thing I ever went through. But there is nothing unique about it. Welcome to the +50% of failed marriages.

But when your done crying about it, put your daughter first. She is your #1 priority AND your responsibility. You think your hurting? What about her? I have two kids under 10 years old and if they ever needed me sober, it was this past year.

I did not drink and I have 50/50 custody of two happy little kids who know they can count on me. Zero chance of that happening if I was drinking.

Do the right thing.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

i'm going to stay drunk....wtf i gotta live for?
...Your little girl. Time is a great healer , I know I have been there. When my husband and I split the only thing that kept me going was that little boy sleeping in the next room. I cried so hard & loud willing some-one to hear me and come help me. It was the hardest thing i had ever have to go through and hurt like i hell. I only had to look at my son , his little face & smile to know I had to cope..for him. You will cope because you have to, you have a little girl that you love dearly, she needs her daddy. You can go so far down, the only way back is up. Stay strong & stay safe
NT
Old 02-18-2011, 08:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I'm not even going to try and solve your problems here. You created them, you solve them. Life's all about choices, my friend. So far yours haven't worked out very well, have they? Maybe you should take a hard look at yourself, preferably while you're sober. Then you can make another choice - do I stay in this hole I've dug, feeling sorry for myself and how badly life is treating me.Lousy shrinks, lousy psychologists, wife takes my daughter, poor me...My drinking has ruined my life but I'd rather not talk about that.

Or do I recognize that I'm my own worst enemy. I caused all this to happen. I chose to drink, knowing that my wife would move out with my daughter? I alone made that choice. I am responsible. I have to live with the consequences of my choices.

If you have that moment of clarity and accept that you're responsible for what's happened, then maybe you'll see that as an opportunity to turn your life around. And the first obvious step you need to take is to stop drinking. How you choose to do that is up to you. I went to AA, myself. I found that once this drinking problem (we call it alcoholism around here) was under control and I got sober, life suddenly got a lot better for me. I also know that other folks have had the same experience.

So, it's back to being all about choices. If you like the situation you're in right now, that's fine. But if you don't, if you want a better life for yourself, you know what to do.