Notices

I have decided today is the day

Old 10-23-2010, 08:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Beautiful post Toss. Glad you're here!
Old 10-23-2010, 08:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My dad is an alcoholic (as am I), and as a kid I would have given anything for him to want to get better. Your kids are lucky
Old 10-23-2010, 09:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go, Toss! Good to have another sobriety-seeker with us!

It's great to wake up every day without a hangover and get rid of that awful anxiety and obsession. We're here for you!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I had insomnia last night, but after midnight I settled in and had a good nights sleep. Woke up and made pancakes with my 6 year old son (one of our Sunday traditions) for the family. Worked in the yard and we are going to a Halloween festival this afternoon. I have been feeling droopy, but staying active. Drinking lots of water, which has helped.

Thanks for the concern. This is really helping me stay on point.

Toss
Old 10-24-2010, 11:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good luck to you! Today is my first day. I'm right there with you (((hugs)))

Chrissy
Old 10-25-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hellcat23 View Post
Good luck to you! Today is my first day. I'm right there with you (((hugs)))

Chrissy
Good luck Chrissy, I am thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Sleep pretty well last night. While falling asleep, had a couple of episodes of where I jerked awake like I was falling, really wierd. I've only had this happen a couple of times in my life.

Feel drained, but my body is enjoying that the "invader" has been evicted. I crave sleep now, where before I just chugged on (pun intended) until my body shut down. Still have some brain fog but slowly my mind is opening up.

This is a very stressful week at work, but I am putting my head down and doing the best I can.

Toss
Old 10-25-2010, 09:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Go Toss!

Inspiring post, thanks.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Toss!

It's nice to see new members committed to living a life of sobriety. You will find so many wonderful, supportive people here. You have so much to look forward to with your family. Don't let alcohol ruin it!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Day 3 was about the same - really drained when I went home, ate and crashed. Watched the Monday night football game and finally feel asleep.

It is starting to settle in, the brain fog is slowly lifting, the emotions thawing. I can feel the anger building in me. It is never directed at anyone, just an internalized feeling of rage. I plan to exercise to eliviate this feeling.

I know this is the best for me and I'm sure in a few weeks I will be in a better place. But right now I am ambivient about the good this change will do. I'm sure that this is a normal feeling, it has just hit me very hard today. My hectic work week is not helping.

Taking it one minute at a time.

Toss
Old 10-26-2010, 08:37 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hang in there, Toss. It really does get better. I always had a hard time about day 3 or 4. Once I started to feel more like myself after getting through the hangover/withdrawals, it's almost like I forgot that I couldn't handle it. Like I'd be able to be stronger "this time." But the cycle kept going and I'd always end up with another horrid morning swearing again I wouldn't drink that day.

The only way out is through..... And you're doing it. AND you deserve it!!
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Glad to see the update Toss.

It does get better indeed. I found adding support to help with the ups/downs and getting on track with new healthy lifestyle was tremendous.

Keep it going
Old 10-27-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am feeling better. What's funny is I know the drained feeling is the withdrawl. In a way it's euphoric. I have no desire to drink right now. I have been going home at night, eating with my family, playing with my kids, putting them to bed, what I usually do, but now without chugging beers in the garage in between.

I plan to have an easy transition this week and start finding activities to keep my mind and body active.

Day 5, I'm on my way.

Toss
Old 10-27-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good work Toss! keep reminding yourself of the rewards like enjoying dinner with the family and putting the kids to bed w/o the urges and guilt
Old 10-27-2010, 12:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Toss, exactly what I did, fond new activities and the withdrawal symptoms both physiological and Psychological I know will pass if I do my part in diet, and exercise. I too see my withdrawals as the light at the end of the tunnel, and find myself accelerating towards it. Sometimes too fast and get frustrated, but then laugh at myself for being so impatient! I didn't get this way in a few weeks, but 90% of the bad of drinki8ng went away in a few weeks, the other 10% are nothing more than speed bumps, I just slow down and get past them without breaking my progress or suspension.

Keep it up bud!
Old 10-27-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Itchy View Post
Toss, exactly what I did, fond new activities and the withdrawal symptoms both physiological and Psychological I know will pass if I do my part in diet, and exercise. I too see my withdrawals as the light at the end of the tunnel, and find myself accelerating towards it. Sometimes too fast and get frustrated, but then laugh at myself for being so impatient! I didn't get this way in a few weeks, but 90% of the bad of drinki8ng went away in a few weeks, the other 10% are nothing more than speed bumps, I just slow down and get past them without breaking my progress or suspension.

Keep it up bud!
Thanks, I'm enjoying a non-structured first week. My diet isn't that bad, but exercise is non-existent! I think I will start walking next week. Also, my son will be starting basketball soon, so I can chase his team around.

Thanks for the support, I am a very impatient person, I have to ease into things. One day at a time.

Toss
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Inspirational, Toss. Keep at it.

Early days for me too.