Notices

I did it!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 05:39 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thanks sober and Fire...good to know I'm not walking alone in this. God damn cat kept me up half the night but other than that I'm enjoying my tea...no biscuits...sh'tty deal. Guess I'll have to settle for freezing cold stale cheerios...oh well...I'm sober and that's what counts.

You guys all have a great day...happy sober time...

Steamer trunks...hahaha...

D.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

I almost upchucked my biscuits reading about those cold, stale cheerios, yuck!

How bout some ham & eggs, steak and eggs, or oatmeal (keeping with my weight loss plan, lol.)

Have a great, sober day mama!
Old 09-22-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hey Mama - Good going on Day 19. You and I are very close on this journey and I love walking with you and following your story. I love love love your positive and open approach to sobriety. I am right here with you!!!
Old 09-22-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Thanks Fire...always love your posts...

Sweet...you are a true winner and I love walking this journey with you too! Gonna have to pick me up and take me for a spin one of these days...wink wink...

D.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

:day6:day6
Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey all...it's the end of day 19 and I am feeling great. I hope it's not weird that I post "the end of my day" each day but for some reason it strengthens my resolve to see the words and the feelings in front of me...I guess a type of journal that I share with all here. It's been a fantastic and strong day for me...but the headaches are just atrocious but I am getting by.

So, enough of that. I have had the most amazing 19 days. I have made a wonderful new friend on SR and I have been supported and offered support to so many. I love waking up each day. I love sleeping soundly at night...except for that damn kitty. I have connected on an entirely new level with my most fave person in the world...my little man. I have done a great job at work. I have been cleaning house in so many different aspects of my life and I have been praying harder and more than I have in many many years. I have started to eat better, feel better and look better.

This site gave me what I have needed since 2002 - a place to go when things are GREAT and a place to go when things are hard. I love to come on SR and see the successes and help with the struggles. I love that you are all so great and when somebody needs kind words, they get them.

I don't believe in pushing what works for me on anybody else, but I certainly do believe in giving the best that I can and getting the best that others have to offer. I have taken all that I have learned here and been able to build a strong support system and you know, all of these years I just couldn't figure that out. I would never have known half of what I know now...about detox, about support groups, about anything. I just kept trying to do it on my own and I believe that most here know how that turns out.

To all of you...thank you for the support and the friendship! Tomorrow is day 20, and then 30 and then 40 and on from there. I am stronger because of all of you and I am a better person already because I learned that I am not strong enough to take on the most powerful demon in my life on my own.

I am on a journey that has astonished me. I didn't know it was possible to NOT drink even for 19 days and not be miserable and b'tchy the entire time.

I am still quite shaky, and have a lot to learn. This is going to be an awfully long road...but look at me gooooooooooooo!!!!

Loving sobriety...thanks to you ALL! Special thanks to my friend SCW...together we are strong. Always here for you girl!!!!

Donna
Old 09-23-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 20 guys...I'm really happy! I had a great meeting tonight and I'm feeling great. I am normally quite uptight on Thursday nights because I have had Fridays off lately and this would normally be my biggest drinking day of the week. Not today my friends and it isn't too bad. I'm feeling strong and happy.

I am happy to be alive and to be sober...!

Have a wonderful night...!

D.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hey Mama - 20 days - fantastic! So good to hear about your meeting and that all is well. I too am glad you are here and sober and sharing your experiences with us. Your attitude is so upbeat and so nice to hear how well you are doing. I feel very close to you and am walking right by your side in this journey!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Congrats on the 20 days and the good feelings!
Old 09-23-2010, 07:34 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Thanks guys...it's a great feeling and I am really and truly happy today...and many days leading up to today. There are sh'tty times for sure, but what the Hell...I expect that to happen for a while. Anxiety is still up there a bit, but nothing like 20 days ago and I have been sleeping better and eating better. Stopped with too much caffeine...that is helping big time.

You guys are all great!

D.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hey mama,

WTG on 20 days, I'm proud of you!!

Sure, some days are shi!!y, but look how far you've come in such a short time. That's all good!!

Thanks for the help tonight. One temptation to drop trou and I'm all screwed up, lol. Now, instead of sitting with a beautiful lady, I'm huggin a bowl of ice cream Not sure what to think of that. Oh well, win some lose some.

See ya tomorrow.
D
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

some ice cream is pretty darn good tho FS

Congrats on 20 days Mama - that's fantastic

D
Old 09-24-2010, 05:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Sh't, ice cream and in another post I read about pizza...are you people trying to fatten me up...lol.

Day 21 and going strong...smoking like a freaking chimeny but no boozing and quite happy about that.

Hubby has been supporting me like crazy. He has been tending to lots of things around here so that I can make as many meetings as I feel I need...he said go for it cause when I come home from a meeting I am happy.

3 weeks kids...and loving it.

D.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:27 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

21 days!!!!

Here I am at the end of 3 weeks and feeling awesome. Had dinner and a movie night with my little man and that was just super. I'm really thankful to this site, to all of you, to AA and to AADAC for this wonderful feeling. I can't believe how great I feel and I just don't even have a desire to drink today. One day at a time...

Thanks to all for the support and the kind words...you are all amazing.

Holy sh't balls Batman...3 weeks!!!!

Hugs to you all...

Donna
Old 09-25-2010, 12:29 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Amazing isn't it...only gets better Mama. Lovin the journey with you!
Old 09-25-2010, 12:38 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Gollygeewillickers, three weeks is superduper there catwoman!!

When are ya gonna grab the little man, call me up and take me to dinner, lol. I'm a big guy, so I eat alot, so I recommend the all-you-can-eat buffets, lol. No rabbit food for me, thank ya very much!!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:25 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Congrats! You're doin' great!
Old 09-25-2010, 09:02 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Thanks all...I'm feeling great...if it weren't for that damn kitty kat I'd be sleeping sounly through the night...littls #$$%#$.

No rabbit food for ya hey Fire...lol...would never have guessed it.

22nd day here and just chillaxin...

D.