Notices

Dang Girl!!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:46 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
My office is right across from Sephora...maybe I need to stop by on the way back from lunch!
Oh. My. God. How do you pay your bills with Sephora right across from you?? I am such an addict for that place but then again, you and I have already had that discussion. Tell me what goodies you get if you go there today!
BTW, I tried your Ole Henriksen Truth Serum® Collagen Booster. I happened to have a sample that was given to me on my last visit. Good stuff!! My skin is sooo oily though that I have a problem finding an effecting anti-aging product that does look like I dipped my face in olive oil after an hour. What skin type do you have?
Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

You completely missed the point. Perhaps I should have explained more......perhaps I shouldn't have said anything.

A word of caution was all I was attempting to give - that some of you chose it to be insulting is not my business.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:26 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

DT...I usually like your posts but

For some people positive thinking is a much bigger motivator than anything else...

Chakra, lunch ran late (probably because I was pounding those martini's, you know because I've relapsed because I am feeling so well) so I didn't make it into Sephora. I am pretty good about not splurging there, because I get into so much trouble at Whole Foods...I love their beauty products, and it makes me happy that they are organic.

Last purchase was a lovely liquid eyeliner from MAC (in the same building as me)...that's the problem with NYC, breathing here costs money...LOL
Old 08-17-2010, 11:47 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

and you know that Bobby Flay lives above Whole Foods? if it's the same one i'm thinking of? Close to the FN studios. I am about 30 miles west.

as for me, i finally feel well, look well and have accomplished much these last 6 months. The negative comment above I found very offensive.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:49 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Fandy...I don't even know who Bobby Flay is...LOL. I live around the corner from a Whole Foods, just not in the city...I am in CT.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Bobby Flay is a popular Celebrity Chef on the Food Network...he owns Mesa Grill and Bar Americain. he's got several cookbooks specializing in grilled southwest cuisine. his big claim to fame is being married to actress Stephanie March and that he rose from the ranks of being a hs dropout and dishwasher.

He owns several th. racehorses and spends a lot of the season at Saratoga...(where Mr. Fandy has season tix).

Chakra, the lemon-mint clay mask is perfect for hot weather when my face feels greasy, used it this AM, it worked well, not too drying.

and all is well with LMC? (little Miss Chakra)?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Ahhh...I have no TV, thus do not know celebrity chefs:-) The races are always fun, would love to go to Saratoga sometime!

The lemon mint clay mask sounds lovely...do either of your ever make your own masks/skin treatments?
Old 08-17-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Little Miss Chakra is 18 so therefore I don't know if its possible for her to be o.k. LOL! For now she is safe and apologetic.
I love Whole Foods and The Food Network. Bobby Flay is ok but I feel he uses all the same flavors. I do like Throwdown though!!
I'm glad you are feeling good about yourself Fandy! Its wonderful to look in the mirror and feel pleased. Its even better that you are feeling well. I'll give the mask a shot.
LaFemme-I've never done a home mask other than the oatmeal you are taught to use as a kid. You? I love home concoctions!! But why no TV?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

18 years old, safe and apologetic is about as good as it gets...you pick the battles you can win...I like the Throwdowns too. i would like to see the Food Trucks show i haven't gotten to that one...I am looking forward to Aarti's Paarty too....she is going to be very successful in the future. she looks great on camera.

i thoroughly enjoy TV and the shows, movies....it's a form of relaxing for me.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Me too but I try not to watch them too much because they inspire me to eat. lol
Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I haven't had a TV in years since I paint at home and try to keep the distractions at an absolute minimum...I don't miss it, and catch the occasional episode on my phone of Comedy Central.

I do a body scrub made from sugar, kosher salt, honey and olive oil, really great!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I have all those things here right now AND I need to do a body scrub so I'll try that out tonight. Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:43 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

You can add some glycerin or liquid soap as well!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:43 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Fandy and Chakra,

Please send me your addresses as I need to send you my Sephora billls. I am laying the blame at your doorstep for my irresponsible actions today, but at least I'm going to look great:-)

Got the Bosica Luminizing Black Mask.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:54 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Oh man.... I know those mornings only too well!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Fandy and Chakra,

Please send me your addresses as I need to send you my Sephora billls. I am laying the blame at your doorstep for my irresponsible actions today, but at least I'm going to look great:-)

Got the Bosica Luminizing Black Mask.
I think its Fandy's turn to pick up your Sephora tab. Fandy, give her your address, will ya?

So how is that mask you bought? I know you rushed home after work to try it!!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:04 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I'm.just going to try it now...had to take the mutts to the park, and it was a beautiful evening, with cute guys totalk to and a picture perfect rainbow...nice to be able to talk to a guy without worrying about being hungober or drunk:-)
Old 08-18-2010, 06:11 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm.just going to try it now...had to take the mutts to the park, and it was a beautiful evening, with cute guys totalk to and a picture perfect rainbow...nice to be able to talk to a guy without worrying about being hungober or drunk:-)
True that! I wouldn't know yet as I've been quite hermit like. So any digits yet? Or just getting your feet wet?

Sounds like a beautiful evening. I went to the grocery and swung through Taco Bell. I promise myself everyday I'm going to get out in the world I never do. lol Tomorrow is THE day. Therapy early in the a.m. and then a walk and THEN Sephora! I'm outta serum.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:20 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

No digits...it can be tricky datin guys at the dog park in a small town, but they are excellent practice. Not sure I want to try sober datin just yet:-) but practice is good! Feels a little like I am relearning how to interact with people.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:30 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Superior attitude! I can't imagine dating right now either. I need to start "practice" too. Is there a recovery program that teaches you how to co-exist again? Right now I feel like an alien!!

<-----Lets pretend that smurf is an alien.