Notices

Dang Girl!!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 06:43 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ahem, perhaps i should give you my credit cards for your Sephora-addictions? I checked out the black mask online...oooohhh my! be sure you put it on thick enough.

no dating for me either...i am still licking my wounds from being left by Mr. Fandy...he preferred the ponies and the OTB...and there were some some other oddities that made me miserable for far too long....right now i am enjoying my new relationship with myself...(and my new little dog who seems to be an improvement over Mr. Fandy~my new bestie)
Old 08-18-2010, 06:47 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

*elbow* Did you hear that LaFemme?? She's gonna give us her credit cards!!! I'm on my way to New Yoooorrrrk where we will DESTROY Sephora!!!!!!

I can imagine you have been through quite an adjustment Fandy. Sounds like you have a healthy attitude towards it whether intentional or not. LIVE IT UP sister!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:50 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Smurfs are aliens!

Fandy, why don't you openan account for us at Sephora??? That would be lovely:-)

Dogs are much better then men in some regards but there are certain things that men are nice to have around for...car maintenance for example.

The mask is on and I took a photo...might post it tomorrow in order to scare you all:-)
Old 08-18-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh my...can't wait!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
Dogs are much better then men in some regards but there are certain things that men are nice to have around for...car maintenance for example.
And...for taking the Trash out.

You guys and your Sephora addictions!

I've been to Sephora once! Yes, only once. Don't have one around here.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Car maintenance is not a worry....my brother and my nephew restore classic cars as a hobby...(my brother has a 3 car garage complete with a lift at his house....they can diagnose and fix almost anything or direct me to a friend who would skewer me.

my trash can has wheels and so does my recycle can.

Sammy my little Pom has twice as much hair as poor old Mr. Fandy, he NEVER pees all over the seat and he does not hog the remote. he doesn't leave dishes all over the place and sticky stuff on the counter and he makes very little laundry. Mr. Fandy moved his carcass out and my electric bill dropped $100.00 per MONTH. my sewer bill also dropped down $100.00 per quarter.

However, Mr. Fandy was quite good at vaccuming and cleaning the catbox (when asked)...he was also tall enough to scrub the microwave properly.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Lol fandy! I forgot to post my face mask picture, remind me to do it Monday!
Old 08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
However, Mr. Fandy was quite good at vaccuming and cleaning the catbox (when asked)...he was also tall enough to scrub the microwave properly.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

OK(was the mask worth the price)?...and i see a typo i made...I meant to say , "not skewer me".

I'm going to get a mani/pedi this Saturday and I've started to FLOSS again...I also *celebrate* with drinking every night...... SMART water, it is my new favorite beverage...(for me i'm never a water person, but this one tastes different). I ran over to Wally-world and bought 5 bottles today...i store them in a wine rack.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:01 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Fandy...you have a water rack! The mask was good, but no miracle:-) I'm 5'11" I don't need a man to clean my microwave, but id like one!
Old 08-19-2010, 01:38 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I bought some goodies today at Sephora! My skin is super oily so I got products specific to that:
  • Bliss Peeling Groovy Facial Serum
  • Perricone MD Intensive Pore Minimizer
  • BareMinerals Matte foundation
ANDS I got lots of samples INCLUDING one of the mask you bought LaFemme. I'm excited to try it.
With my Skincare Challenge Reward Card, I got a full size Caudalie cleanser and with my Beauty Insider card, I got Sephora Lash Stretcher mascara.

Be jealous ladies.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

How do you get an insider card????

Yes I am jealous!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

I have no freakin idea. lol BUT you're 5'11 and I'm jealous!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

you can sign up online for an Insider card....There is a sephora in my local mall (and a Bare Essentials store too in Paramus)...but it is faster to buy online before i can find the time to get to the mall!!!!

This Saturday i have my garden guy/helper coming to work and i want to get my toes/nails done...Sunday I have to go to my real job to catch up because it is so busy....phfft! there goes my weekend, plus i have to spend time with my mother at the nursing home.

and i have real chores to do...i need to steamy mop, it's rather icky, both bathrooms and the kitchen.

I wish I was 5'11"...not even in heels will i get that tall.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Women always AA they wish they were tall, but its not all that. Its hard to find a guy your height much less taller, so I rarely wear heels...speaking of shoes, height means long feet, which means its hard to find cute shoes...which leads me to clothing, most major labels carry a petition section whereas few carry tall sizes...most of my sweater sleeves look like they were supposed to be. 3/4 length...the list goes on.

If I wear my turqouise dress on Saturday should I do my nails in turquoise?
Old 08-19-2010, 06:05 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

my neighbor had her toes done in torquise...she is about a size 2and very short about 5 feet....she's in her 40s and i thought the toes looked very cute.

last time i had a pedi i brought a new mini polish with me, a deep gray/silver....the best $1.00 investment, the polish has not chipped in 4 weeks
Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Wow, I spent $8 on a polish which chipped alot. Which brand did you get?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:49 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I think the trick with Polish is top and bottom.coats...but I rarely get manis because of the painting.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:59 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

sorry i don't the bottle available now...it was i teeny off brand from wally-mart...for 99cents...perfect in little bottles, i get sick of the color before i use it up anyway. but it wears like iron.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaFemme View Post
I think the trick with Polish is top and bottom.coats...but I rarely get manis because of the painting.
LaFemme is right. It's all about the base coat. Your polish will stay on forever with a base coat.

on looking good...I feel GREAT as well.