Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Having always been alone is hell and pain that I don't care to bear. I can't even say I've been on a date...or held hands. It's embarassing...but hardly anyone can understand truly how I feel.

I'm sorry you're in pain. I feel for you, but what you're going through isn't the same.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

You can see my picture on a previous thread of whiners....I'm blessed with "good genes" even at my advanced age. I have a respected job, excellent salary and can afford most anything within reason. I'm well educated and a medical professional...I am Blonde.

Mr. Fandy left me for a horse...literally....he prefered the ponies to a our relationship...he lied, lied, lied.....and prefers gambling and living in his "den of squalor" to life with me...talk about a blow to the ego!!! I've had more bad dates on eHarmony, match.com, etc..they make me want to run away screaming for company with a bowl of ice cream is better.

i've struck out on every relationship and marriage I've ever been in(we are talking over 30 years worth)....and at this point, I say SO WHAT?, their loss, i like myself. but if the opportunity arrises to try again, I will....today I adopted a dog, he is blonde too..and he will not leave me...hopefully...

so i guess i have been swimming against the current for quite a while? but I now have other battles...like physical changes that occur as you age.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

(((Bam)))

If these words are all you have (as you said), then you have so much...your ability to communicate your feelings, even deeply sad feelings, is so heartfelt.

Just wanted to offer some work experience as it may or may not relate to what you're going through.

I've worked in sales - 2 years of strictly telephone sales in a call-center.

For an already depressed person, hearing NO day after day after day, did a number on my self-esteem.

Sales is the only profession where you've got to be able to handle rejection and not take it personally. Not an easy feat. And it's very competitive, esp with co-workers around every day who seem to shine.

I don't mean to imply that work is the problem.

I do know that the sales profession is a tough one and to be doing it while dealing with other issues can be alot of pressure.

You're going through alot; with recovery being a HUGE part of it. Lots of adjustments and changes...glad you're posting how you feel.

Only you can decide what's best for you, but wanted you to know how challenging the sales work aspect was for me. Take care of you.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:07 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Bam....
Old 05-31-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Sorry to chime in so late. Have you thought about Internet dating? More and more people seem to use it these days, and go on to serious long term relationships.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I'm lonely too, and I feel like everyone has a relationship but me. So I know how you feel. Hang in their. Hope stuff gets better for you. hugs <3