Notices

3 days sober

Old 04-02-2010, 03:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Messes can be cleaned up. Slow and steady, you have to become the person you want to be. I can understand your horror and I can also understand hers! Stay sober, work on yourself, and you can start untangling this mess. Throw in the towel and drink and the situation will not improve. When you're tempted to drink, ask yourself, do you want your family or the abyss?
Old 04-02-2010, 04:02 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NellieM View Post
Messes can be cleaned up. Slow and steady, you have to become the person you want to be. I can understand your horror and I can also understand hers! Stay sober, work on yourself, and you can start untangling this mess. Throw in the towel and drink and the situation will not improve. When you're tempted to drink, ask yourself, do you want your family or the abyss?
You are absolutely right!!! I guess iv just gotten to used to dealing with my problems by drinking a bottle of vodka! Im starting to think that since I stopped drinking I have developed bi-polar!?! Or are these mood swings normal? I have some serious work to do to atone and your right, I need to be sober to do that!

Thank you
Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

hi foxy,

happy to hear you got some sleep last night. Please do not get discouraged. it has taken a long time for you to be where you were five days ago. it will take a while for your wife to trust you again. i know, if i were a mother, i would protect my young till the end. I promise you, i really mean promise you, that your wife WILL come around. The human soul and spirit believes in forgiveness...i trust this. it will take her time. I know you get tired of me telling you to visualize, but it is such a strength for me. i am constantly visualizing the life i want and that has helped though so much in the past. Just think, if you were still drinking you would not be having the opportunity to lay your eyes on your wife. what a big step to get to meet with her and start a dialog. Explain to her how you understand how she must feel and how scared she must be for your children. Explained to her that you are going to do everything in your power to stay sober, to become the ROCK your children need. Time is a wonderful thing, it heals, it rewards, it happens.

Stay strong my friend, there are going to be some rough roads, but you are so far into this and you can only go up from here.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:26 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

Well its day 6 of sobriety, and going well

I met my wife yesterday and she is letting me see my daughter today, at my place! Im so excited! The cravings are lessening now and every time that I do get a craving I just do some sit up or push ups. Even starting to lose a little weight on my face. I like I hope everyone is well?
Old 04-03-2010, 01:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

FOXXXYYYYY

This is wonderful news, already worth the sobriety. Keep it up! Slowly, slowly, day by day we will get there.

If these mood swings bother you so much and are causing anguish, why don't you see a doc about it? Can't hurt.

Anyway, I am sooo happy for you, made my day.

Good luck!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LifeIs View Post
FOXXXYYYYY

This is wonderful news, already worth the sobriety. Keep it up! Slowly, slowly, day by day we will get there.

If these mood swings bother you so much and are causing anguish, why don't you see a doc about it? Can't hurt.

Anyway, I am sooo happy for you, made my day.

Good luck!
Thank You!!!

Im feeling very positive at the moment as again last night was in a pub, playing pool, drinking coke!!! I think that because my habit formed at home and not when out, and because I have told everybody and any one who will listen, that I am in recovery, it is impossible for me to drink when out with friends. The worst times are now, when im alone and can hide hide it, that I could relapse. So for me (against a lot of good advice) being in pubs actually is better for me than staying away!! Strange I know!!! Im glad that you too are on day 6 How are you finding it? I need to thank you all again for your support you guys are amazing! I sat and read my thread this morning and its nice to see the progress that im making. Bring on day 6
Old 04-03-2010, 05:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Snarf Snarf

Great job, foxy! Remember how great it is to be with your little girl, and hold close the fear you have about losing her. If your love for your daughter is the Higher Power that gets you through this, hey man, whatever works. Just don't drink today.

Hope your Saturday kicks all kinds of butt, foxy!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:21 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hey guys still here, still sober! My wife came with BOTH of the kids I could not have had abetter day today. Not once have I felt I needed a drink and it feels great!!! Snarf I think maybe my kids are my HP as since seeing them I now feel I could do anything. Just wish that I had seen who I had become before now but as many people say "God works in mysterious ways". Im starting to think that I was supposed to have gotten this low before I could bounce back up! Day 6 is coming to a close, im sober, im happy and I feel I actually have a purpose in life again. Also with the money that I have saved this week I bought my son a new xbox game and my baby girl some new clothes!!! My wife was rather shocked as I don't usually have any spare cash.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Great stuff!
Old 04-03-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Idiot!

Well done Foxy - keep it up mate!!

Re Mood swings - great article on Wikipedia about what to expect in the weeks/months to come.

Post?acute withdrawal syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-03-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Administrator

I glad you had a terrific day with your kids Foxy

D
Old 04-03-2010, 03:04 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChopperTS View Post
Well done Foxy - keep it up mate!!

Re Mood swings - great article on Wikipedia about what to expect in the weeks/months to come.

Post?acute withdrawal syndrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for that chopper, very useful stuff. Its been bookmarked for a full read in the morning as I think it must be time for bed. Speak to you all tomorrow
Old 04-03-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey Foxy, only have a second. just stopped by to say hello and I am so proud of you. Wow you saw both kids, awesome, i know you are cloud 9....talk with you in the am.

just awesome.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hey Guys, hope your all well? Nearly, very nearly day 7 over! Im really starting to feel good about life and with all your encouragement and that of my friends you have all helped me to get here. Thanks guys!
Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foxy0116 View Post
Hey Guys, hope your all well? Nearly, very nearly day 7 over! Im really starting to feel good about life and with all your encouragement and that of my friends you have all helped me to get here. Thanks guys!
Keep it up. Weighing the pros and cons you have a lot of reasons to stay sober and own every day.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:45 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week Foxy

D
Old 04-06-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

So day 8 passed by yesterday. Still not had a drink. I did however smoke a joint last night to get to sleep early as I have so much work to do. Day 9 today, so far so good!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 12:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 9....