Thread: 3 days sober
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 05:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
newagain

hi foxy,

happy to hear you got some sleep last night. Please do not get discouraged. it has taken a long time for you to be where you were five days ago. it will take a while for your wife to trust you again. i know, if i were a mother, i would protect my young till the end. I promise you, i really mean promise you, that your wife WILL come around. The human soul and spirit believes in forgiveness...i trust this. it will take her time. I know you get tired of me telling you to visualize, but it is such a strength for me. i am constantly visualizing the life i want and that has helped though so much in the past. Just think, if you were still drinking you would not be having the opportunity to lay your eyes on your wife. what a big step to get to meet with her and start a dialog. Explain to her how you understand how she must feel and how scared she must be for your children. Explained to her that you are going to do everything in your power to stay sober, to become the ROCK your children need. Time is a wonderful thing, it heals, it rewards, it happens.

Stay strong my friend, there are going to be some rough roads, but you are so far into this and you can only go up from here.