Notices

Switching Up Liquor Stores

Old 05-06-2012, 09:03 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

How about thinking to yourself, "This is the last time I will ever purchase alcohol from this dive." And then you return to the same spot a few days later to repeat the same mantra.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I thought I was the only one buying things like toilet paper, dog food and etc, while buying my supply of beer in hopes that they thought I just needed a few things and didn't want to drive to the grocery store.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:28 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

I remember doing this too! I was rotating checkouts as I live next to the supermarket.

Sometimes I used self checkouts to save myself from facing another person staring at me and 4 bottles of wine (2 day dose). There was always somebody by self checkouts asking for ID. Soon they stopped as they recognized me.

Very embarrassing.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:06 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Yup, I had 3 or 4 stores I went to..I even ended up having to go to one in a different town. At one time I was in the habit of doing huge supermarket shops on payday...80% of it would be booze and the taxi driver would always ask if I was having a party..I think that's why I stopped doing that. I honestly think that one of the biggest positives for me so far is not having to buy the stuff. I could definitely drink more than I could carry.