Notices

fourth month in

Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post fourth month in

Finally, I found sobriety. Mostly due to being at the bottom of the bottom. I am just looking for some support. I had gone to AA a few years back but I really was not comfortable there, no offense to those of you who are working the steps. I know that it takes all the support you can get. I am finally feeling like my old self. I forgot who I was, actually that person was not that bad. The only real problem I seem to be facing is I have some new friends who want me to go out with them. They talk about going to the bar and I know I do not (will not) want to go but I really do not want to share my situation with them. It is just so personal. I also would like to start dating but after a real bad divorce 4 years back that accentuated my drinking I do not know where to start, Plus I am scared. Well 4 months in that is where I am.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Congratulations on your 4 months sobriety!

For me, I could not be around alcohol for a long time. I had to stay away from it. I agree with you about this being a very personal decision and I don't think you should feel pressure to tell people, unless you feel sure that they would support you.

As far as dating, just follow your heart and do what you think is right for you. Just remember to make your recovery your priority.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations on your sober time
Welcome to SR....
Old 01-19-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi noname4266

I think Anna has some great advice

What else are you doing for support besides SR?
There are many other face to face programs besides AA, if you've determined thats not your thing

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...resources.html

D
Old 01-19-2010, 05:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome and just want to say that recovery is my main priority. I have not had to think about what to tell or not tell people, well I guess ever. At one time I was actually proud of how much I could drink. Thinking back to things I have done, caused and the blackouts that often occured make me sick.. Glad to have found this site and hope to find some friends to share with.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome to SR noname.
I am with you all the way on some of the memories making me feel sick.
Congratulations on 4 months.Nice to not have to wonder what happened the night before isn't it.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Congratulations on four months!

I do hope you'll stick around SR. Welcome!
Old 01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
The New Me starting 1/11/09

Congrats on 4 months. Glad you are here.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 months!!!

I'm able to get through the family get togethers, but I wouldn't want to put myself in a situation that I know I couldn't control. I applaud anyone that can do it, but I know my limitations.

You'll find a lot of support here. Keep reading and posting. There is always someone here if you need them.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks to all who repliedI love being able to remember what I have done the night before and I am really glad to be on this path. I will take all the support I can get. Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 08:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on four months.
I know everyone's path is different but in my experience I had to get out of my comfort zone and do what I did not want to do. I didnt like AA but I went, I didnt want a sponsor but I got one and I love her, I didnt want to take any suggestions but I took them all. And here is the beautiful part of it. My bf just relapsed and I detached with love and I AM GOOD. I know I can get through anything because of recovery.

Just keep up the good work