Notices

hey... i'm surprised i'm here

Old 01-17-2010, 12:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hey... i'm surprised i'm here

I don't even know how to start this... I never join forums... let alone forums like this... Well here I go.
I'm 16 and I've been dealing with ALOT of crap lately. Some of it probably had to do with the pot and **** I was doing, and i recently realized that, so I stopped that crap a few weeks ago, very reluctantly i must admit.
Past that I don't know how i can summarize it into a short couple hundred word post. Therapists and psychiatrists have been going back and forth on diagnoses. First i was bipoar, next i was ADHD, i was put on adderall, then strattera, both of which had extremely bad reactions(strattera made me not sleep for a good 5 or 6 days, saw some weird stuff cause of that). Now I'm a perfectionist with OCD and social anxiety. before all this i don't think i was this messed up... but then again that FEELS like it was forever ago, even though it was only a few months.
So that's me... hopeing to get something out of this... probably a horrible introduction... oh look at that... the psychologist would probably tell you that's my social anxiety...
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi and welcome,

It's a friendly, anonymous place here so you don't need to be anxious about that.

So are you still off the drugs now?
Old 01-17-2010, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you, yea, i haven't touched any thing in a couple for a while, i've definitly wanted to, i was depressed for a while, i had just got back from a trip to my home town, did not want to leave what so ever
Old 01-17-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Foamy

Welcome to SR - you'll find a lot of support and a lot of good people here

D
Old 01-17-2010, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Please stay with us
Old 01-17-2010, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by Foamy125 View Post
thank you, yea, i haven't touched any thing in a couple for a while, i've definitly wanted to, i was depressed for a while, i had just got back from a trip to my home town, did not want to leave what so ever

You are doing well. Do you have any support to help you stay off the drugs?
Old 01-17-2010, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Welcome to SR

There's lots of support here.

Take care of yourself,
TB
Old 01-17-2010, 02:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by intention View Post
You are doing well. Do you have any support to help you stay off the drugs?
i have my therapist and my case worker, i'd say i have my family, but they could care less if i smoke, they just don't want me to get caught.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Hi, it is a shame about your family but it is important to concentrate on the postive support that you do have around you like your therapist/case worker.

Have you thought about going to an NA meeting? You would get to meet people, like you, with drug addictions. Having face to face contact and continued support with people with the same problem will help you to stay clean.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was going to go to one one before i had tried to stop this perticular time, but i wasn't sure where it was, and being around people i don't know makes me really anxious and panicky.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Foamy, you are a very wise young person to be seeking help at 16, and you should be very proud of yourself for being smart enough to reach out.

There is no need to be anxious here, nobody is here to judge, we've all got our own issues, believe me.

Spend as much time on SR as you want or need. Somebody will always be here to help. And please take care of yourself, for yourself.
Old 01-17-2010, 07:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Hi, and welcome to SR.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Being still, quiet, reflective and thoughtful is a way to take a giant step back so that You
can look at life with clarity and react with grace.

Admitting you have a problem and are ready for change is a good place to be in.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Heathen

Welcome, Foamy
Old 01-17-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
20/12/09

Welcome to SR - check out the substance forums too!

take each day as it comes, it does get easier!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome. Regarding diagnoses, it is very difficult for a therapist to accurately diagnose an addict while they are using, especially if they are not honest about their using. Addiction symptoms can mimic a whole range of psychiatric illnesses, as can the initial withdrawal and postacute withdrawal stages of recovery. Best if you stay sober for a while and then revaluate your mental health. Best of luck.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Originally Posted by Foamy125 View Post
I was going to go to one one before i had tried to stop this perticular time, but i wasn't sure where it was, and being around people i don't know makes me really anxious and panicky.

Hi, that's understandable. Can you look up online where your local meeting is?.....perhaps get a local contact number and call them and explain how nervous you are and why.

If not, turn up at the meeting early, perhaps 30 minutes before the start, and find a little bit of courage to tell the first person you see that you have social phobia and anxiety but you are an addict and need help. They will do the rest and help you.

Even newcomers without your issues are very nervous and we understand that and help make them feel comfortable.

Please do this and get some help. If you don't it is going to be very difficult to stay off the drugs.

Keep in touch.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thank you every one for just talking to me and welcoming me to your community, it feels good to know there are people who will listen to my problems and try to help me if i ever need to say any thing, or if any thing happens no matter how selfish that may sound
Old 01-18-2010, 08:19 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hendershot View Post
Welcome. Regarding diagnoses, it is very difficult for a therapist to accurately diagnose an addict while they are using, especially if they are not honest about their using. Addiction symptoms can mimic a whole range of psychiatric illnesses, as can the initial withdrawal and postacute withdrawal stages of recovery. Best if you stay sober for a while and then revaluate your mental health. Best of luck.
I've told my therapist/psychiatrist/etc about my drug problems, at least about my marijuana problem, i haven't touched any thing else in a while for an significant period of time, they told me it was probably one of the reasons my i scored badly in memory when they tested my intelligence in my psychological review, and actualy when this all started i hadn't smoked in quite a long time, was going on a good couple of months, i think, really my memory of before like 3 or 4 months ago is not so great, but any ways then they started diagnoseing me with crap and putting my on crap and putting these ideas that i was crazier then i was in my head and inno what happened, started popping pills, smoking pot, quit the pills with in a month, but i kept smoking. i'm not entirely sure why i even smoked... it made my anxiety worse... made me horribly OCD, i had to check a mirror every like 30 minutes to make sure i the right side of my face wasnt drooping from a stroke, to wash my hands, and get a glass of water.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! I'm glad you joined the family. I hope we can help you stay clean and start feeling better about yourself.