Notices

Lord help me!!! Temptation is ROUGH!

Old 01-18-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lord help me!!! Temptation is ROUGH!

Well, I have been doing ok today...not using any opiates. I feel sore, but tolerable.(I have been tapering myself down over the last 2 months) and today would be day 2 of not taking anything!!! But, someone came over to my home during my lunch hour that owed me some $ from way back when...and wanted to pay me off in Perks. I still have not taken anything, I just left the house without saying anything and came back to work...hoping that they will just leave and I dont have to deal with this right now. It is so damn hard to stop, my hips and back are hurting and I am thinking "maybe just one". But, I know it won't just be one...it will lead back to square one all over again!!! I know that I am going to have to face the facts, I am going to have to admit to everyone that I am an addict...and if they dont support me stopping that I cant be around them. If anyone has any words of wisdom for me...please help!!!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Th3Natu12al. You are doing terrific. Do you have people around?

Warm wishes
Ev.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just hang in there.

Don't feel pressure to tell other people about your addiction. You'll know when the time is right. Focus on taking care of yourself and getting through the day. You may be able to find some otc pain killers that help with your hips and back.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Temptation is rough, but you are stronger then temptation. You already decided where that "1" opiate will take you and we call that playing out the tape. I think you are smart and you have also decided to tell people you are an addict. I think that's a good idea in that you will surround yourself with those that want to help you. If you need more help then that then I might suggest you find a face to face group that can also support you. I think you are doing awesome my friend!!
Old 01-18-2010, 01:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Try and insist on receiving the money and not pills, even if it means not getting anything (unless it's a fortune of course ) Then use the money to treat yourself for doing so well. Don't give in - you can do this.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again Th3Natu12al

My drug was alcohol - but yes it's difficult when people around you are still drinking/using and just assume you're wanting to be involved.

I had to tell everyone what was happening, and I had to cut several people out of my life in order to stay in recovery. It was difficult, but not so much for me as living as an addict/alcoholic.

Please stay strong - you've got two days now - you don't want to go back to square one.

As I think I said last time - if you like, come and check out the substance abuse forum as well - you'll find people down there who understand too

Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree with Dee, you have 2 days, do not throw them away.
You can do this, I'm rooting 4 you.
Stay strong.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just to let you know that i am thinking of you today.

Warm Wishes
Evanna.