Notices

New here and taking the plunge

Old 01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Cause no harm

Food point, Jaitch, it has nothing to do with "luck" but with power. Luck is passive and without efforts. Power comes from action and concentration.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Nonexistent Willpower

Originally Posted by Thera View Post
True to my word I did go to the first NA meeting,
YeeHaaaw! Good for you Thera. Yeah it can take a while to get truly comfortable sometimes. There are as many different kinds of meetings as there are types of bars let's say. I've met some freaky-neat people in the rooms though. Especially NA. And I thought I was weird...
Old 01-09-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I haven't posted in a bit so I thought I would share my thoughts from the other day. Normally, when I was using, getting ready for work was a whirlwind I drank only coffee and was running from one end of the house to the other thanks to energy that the pills always gave me. But, Friday morning was different, for the first time in longer then I can remember I sat still. I sat and watched the snow while I ate breakfast and I felt peaceful for once, it was like the calm before the storm (work). Truly, breakfast tastes better sober.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Nonexistent Willpower

Truly, breakfast tastes better sober.
HaHa, quote of the year!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thera,

I'm glad you're seeking support and I hope you keep posting here.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:01 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I thought I would give a teeny update on my situation since I haven't posted just reading the boards and answering in other places. I am now 2 weeks sober, not many physical symptoms anymore (still a bit restless at night), I am grateful it's only that. But I have found that I do dwell a little less each hour/day/week on the fact that I am without pills. Sometimes I find it miraculous and sometimes I find that the thought makes me anxious. I also find that for the time being that if I stay busy I don't have the free time to think about it! I can't believe how much time I WASTED over drugs! I work more efficiently, go to meetings, I started playing music again and tennis. Amazing! I am starting to feel like a person and not just some shell with only one objective...to keep my supply going. You are all a Godsend thank you so much for your continuing support.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:06 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

I can't believe how much time I WASTED over drugs! I work more efficiently, go to meetings, I started playing music again and tennis. Amazing!

Yes it truly is amazing to be productive. Well done