Old 10-27-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

this is a really great thread, guys!

D
Old 10-27-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Day 7 going strong, sure hope I can make it to a meeting today. I've got a head cold but it doesn't have me lol I'm out and about
Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

Today for me is day 10. I relapsed on my 20 month anni last month. That is okay, I have gotten back up and I feel great once again....meetings, reading recovery materials help me, talking w/ my sponsor, networking w/ other women help too!
Old 10-27-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

So good to hear you guys are doing well! I'm on day 10 and feelin pretty good. Still have headaches and have to fight off some crabby feelings, but over all, good. Had my first visit with a therapist today. I'm not doing any steps, so I thought I should at least meet with someone about what's goin on. Pretty much nothing was said I haven't thought myself, but hearing someone else say it out loud made me pretty emotional. Didn't talk that much about the actual drinking, but more about why. Anyway...keep up the good, hard work everyone!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Good morning, how is everyone today?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good, scoob! Taught for the first time in 10 years today! 4th grade...I'm exhausted! Lol. I renewed my teaching certificate, and am starting to sub. Another 4th grade tomorrow!
Old 10-28-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is doing well! Have you carved your pumpkins yet??
Old 10-28-2009, 05:20 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I am new here. Today is my 6th day of sobriety.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Welcome to our little group OUAT.

I went to two different places tonight for pumpkins, all soldout.

We took a plain white shirt and painted black paint on my jeep tire and ran it over the shirt and my son is going to school tomorrow as road kill LOL. His idea. He dresses up tomorrow b/c they have a full day fieldtrip on Friday.
Old 10-28-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome onceuponatime......Glad you are here. Congrats on 6 days!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:02 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Evening Friends, Angelina, (((((Hugs)))))

Thanks for building an "Awesome" Thread!! I'm in too....sitting hear with my 9 months and 28 days now working on getting month ten up and runnin'. Spooooooooooooky or what?! LOL

Love Pancake xo

PS ** Happy Halloween to all **
Old 10-29-2009, 02:37 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

3rd Time's a charm?

Hi everyone,

I'd like to join the October class. This is my 3rd time on SR in 3 years. I've tried stopping many more times than 3 but ready to do it one more (and hopefully, final) time. I'm on Day 3 without my wine.

txsar
Old 10-29-2009, 11:17 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome txsar! Glad you are here. You are not alone.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:39 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Well, y'all. I'm about to end October sober... it was this time last week I was wondering (again) what was I doing. Looking at the world from the bottom of a bottle, and thinking that somehow another bottle would solve the clarity issue... For some reason that only created another empty bottle.

So I'm heading into Day 7. I didn't want to put my name in here until I was certain this was going to last.

Hi DJ, Angelina, TJ... yeah, 'bubba's back. On board for October, Sober Date October 24th, feeling good and getting stronger.

Sober.

Take care y'all--y'all seem to be doing pretty good from what I've been reading, & welcome new people to the site & returning ones...
-TB
Old 10-30-2009, 12:58 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi all - just woke up to day 5 here. Really looking forward to the young person's meeting tonight. I did do a pumpkin but nothing to brag about.

Keep it up!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:01 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

October 30Courage
“Our newly found faith serves as a firm foundation for courage in the future.”
Basic Text, p. 96
––––=––––
Narcotics Anonymous is no place for the faint of heart! Facing life on life’s terms without the use of drugs isn’t always easy. Recovery requires more than hard work; it requires a liberal dose of courage.
What is courage, anyway? A quick look at a dictionary will tell us. We have courage when we face and deal with anything that we think of as difficult, dangerous, or painful, rather than withdrawing from it. Courage means being brave; having a purpose; having spirit. So what is courage, really? Courage is an attitude, one of perseverance.
That’s what an addict in recovery really needs—perseverance. We make that commitment to stick with our program, to avoid using, no matter what happens. A courageous addict is one who doesn’t use, one day at a time, no matter what.
And what gives us courage? A relationship with a Higher Power gives us the strength and the courage to stay clean. We know that, so long as we are in our God’s care, we will have the power we need to face life on its own terms.
––––=––––
Just for today: I have a Higher Power who cares for me, no matter what. Knowing that, I will strive to have an attitude of courage today.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:09 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Ill join the October one as I was in the June one but seriouisly relapsed.

We do not do Halloween very much over here in the UK so no pumpkin for me.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:46 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Day 14!!! Hard me for me to believe! Really trying to stay in the present moment and not anticipate the future, too scary. For today, I shall be grateful and proud. Happy Halloween for all (great time for those in recovery - wee candy bars all over the place!)
Old 10-30-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi!!! I drank on Wednesday night... but am back on track. Day 2 today. New sobriety date of Oct. 29th. I hate to keep "resetting it" but I suppose it's better than the alternative of keeping on drinking.

So here I am -- very glad to be with this group (and my August group as well).

Halloween has hit big time here. My 3 kids all went off to school with their costumes for the parades and parties. Then tomorrow night it's Trick or Treating. I love it -- but will be glad when Sunday comes around
Old 10-30-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Mornin group! Day 13 for me...going to my first social thing tonight since I quit. Big Halloween party..goin as a 70's hippie girl. Cute costume. I'll be the designated driver and give my drink tickets (came with the admission ticket) to my husband. This ought to be interesting! I'd just as soon skip it, but it's a fund raiser, and I want to be there to show support. Here's hopin tomorrow won't be my day 1! Oh, and I have 5 pumpkins to gut and carve by tomorrow night! Eeeeek!