Notices

Living In Sobriety

Old 06-23-2009, 02:59 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

shows you how tired I am, Wrong smiley!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 03:38 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Got up to let the dogs out - tired after reading about our nel's day - going back to bed lol
Old 06-23-2009, 03:44 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Think I'm gonna give dogs baths today, they really smell. Then mow the lawn and yard. Big, big project, grass is so damn high. I have a headache, due to lack of sleep. Also got to look for a job.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Got up to let the dogs out - tired after reading about our nel's day - going back to bed lol
Ha ha, I think I will too! I woke up in a funky mood (weird, weird dreams...nuclear bombs set off...knowing that this was "IT"...where did THAT come from???). :wtf2 I don't know why, but strange dreams always leave me with a lingering disquiet. So, Ro, I'm with you...I'm going to see if I can induce some good dream vibes and be back later....

Hope the coffee hasn't kicked in yet....
Old 06-23-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hi kids! i'm headed out to do a couple hours of yard work at my aunt's house before the heat really sets in - gonna be in the mid/high 90's the next few days, so not great for gardening. my mom, neice, great neice, my neice's mother in law, and my neice's sister in law are all coming here for a long weekend - start arriving on thursday. so i have house work and meal planning to do for that. we're taking my great neice, turning 5, to the american girl store for tea. it's her bday party so i'm sure there will be a doll purchase involved. she's pretty excited, she wants her doll to wear glasses. lol!

mr k is building us a rain water barrell, to catch the water from our roof. it's going to be very cool..

that's about it from over here! have a great day in recovery!

hugs, k
Old 06-23-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  

hi - i'm new! i tried to post a new thread and it didn't work, said i needed to make 15 posts so i figured i'd come here and say hi! Joined AA 2 1/2 weeks ago and im 2 weeks 1 day sober, feels good.

I'm @ work, staring at the sunny skies lol darn! what i would do to be basking in the rays :P

how is everyone today?
Old 06-23-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

OK, that's a BIT better, although the caffeine prohibited a REAL sleep. Anyways, talking about sleep (a major topic on this thread along with long grass), when I was drinking, when I would sleep (pass out, let's be honest here), I wouldn't dream (that I could remember), but would wake up at 3 a.m. (almost to the minute) and the panic would set in...what did I say/do...well, I'm sure I'm not unique...but now, I just love to go to sleep and look forward to my dreams (which I DO remember now) and have fun (and sometimes not) trying to figure out where they come from. It's like watching a movie, without the popcorn.

I'm still scratching my head over the nuclear bombs, but I do know that I went to bed somewhat agitated over a few minor situations. I have real trouble distinguishing between things I should let go of, and situations in which I need to set boundaries. A lot of my recent efforts have been towards reestablishing (creating?) a sense of self (as opposed to being eternally other-directed), creating a better balance in my being, so to speak. I feel like I'm walking on a tight rope sometimes, being VERY conscious when I lean a little too far one way or the other. Either way...being too into self...or too outside of self makes me feel out of whack. And I also know when I'm "centered". Sometimes I feel like a motor boat...I've got to trust the engine (letting go, going with the flow), but I am responsible for steering and making course corrections.

*sigh* See what happens when I lie in bed....thinking......

The irony here is that I don't even know HOW to drive a boat. Hmmmm, that's kind of funny...
Old 06-23-2009, 07:32 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by rachelbrittany View Post

hi - i'm new! i tried to post a new thread and it didn't work, said i needed to make 15 posts so i figured i'd come here and say hi! Joined AA 2 1/2 weeks ago and im 2 weeks 1 day sober, feels good.

I'm @ work, staring at the sunny skies lol darn! what i would do to be basking in the rays :P

how is everyone today?
Hi Rachel, just keep posting away. Go to any threads and post until you get your 15. Keep coming back here, join us, we're a fun group. Just post about your day, feelings, all that kind of stuff. Welcome!!!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Rachel, 2 weeks sober is soo cool!!!!!!!Good you are attending AA, it really helps, I am coming up on 9 months, God willing and one day at a time.

I like your Avatar by the way

Going to mow lawn, putting it off all morning, gotta do what you gotta do, boy this really s*cks
Old 06-23-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Welcome Rachael, you shouldn't need 15 posts before you can post a new thread unless the forum is playing up.

I finally got some sleep, just a few hours and then I had to get up and do stuff so still groggy, it will sort itself out soon.

Meeting tonight.

Originally Posted by nelco
have to get a part for the washing machine because its after breaking
I just love your Irishisms Nelcs!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:19 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

mr k is building us a rain water barrell, to catch the water from our roof. it's going to be very cool..
sounds real cool to me!!

Believe are the dogs washed?? need to wash my yorkie a lot too. The husky is outside and a major job when grooming!!

Im on a tea break. Hospital done, washing maching fixed.....doing chops and new potatoes for dinner. going for son soon......garden still pending!! sun shining!!

Hos....I often say when I am going to bed "Im off to the movies"......I dream all the time!!

HI RACHAEL........WELCOME!! I am also a member of AA. Keep posting and sharing about.....living in sobriety.........
Old 06-23-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Good morning (again) to all - it's smoking hot here in Ontario! The air conditioning is on for the love of pete! Daughter and I got up and washed the car together and picked up coffee. She is getting her hair done at 3 and has to be at the school for 6 - grad starts at 6:30 - I'm just letting her rest in front of the tv I'll run a cool bath for her soon and make her a light snack. It's a good day to be inside. I love beautiful, breezy, warm days, but this type of heat makes me feel faint. And so the grass will continue to go unmowed for now...

Rachel, congrats on your newfound sobriety and welcome to SR and to our thread! It's great to have you aboard. It's a great way to get to know others in recovery, and to share our struggles and triumphs. The women and men here have helped me enormously.

Elizabeth, I had horrible dreams last night also - I think I had them when I went back to bed, though. I dreamed I was being chased by police, bad people, etc, and kept outrunning them in my car. I think I was trying to get away so that I could drink or something. Strange! It's taken a while to shake the cobwebs loose but I think I'm back on terra firma now.

My meds are still not fully saturated - I can tell. I identified with you, Elizabeth, with your analogy of walking on a tight rope. I am hyper-sensitive right now, and worried about saying or doing the wrong thing. Feel like I'm talking too much or too little. No balance. I, too, know when I am centered, and I am certainly NOT today so far. I feel like such a failure sometimes. I have so much to be grateful for, but I don't feel like that right now.

K - your family gathering sounds like a lot of fun - especially taking your grand-niece to american girl for her birthday tea party! What a dream come true for every little girl! I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I've been thinking of my sobriety anniversary - on July 10th it will be 3 years. I've never made it this far. I've always relapsed around the 2-year mark - so this is significant to me. Once in a while, I'll read some thread here about not counting sober days and thinking 'well heck' I could tie one on tonight and start over tomorrow and not bother counting days (if I weren't in AA I mean) - but I also recognize how faulty this type of thinking is. My perception is way off, and I'm feeling some very uncomfortable feelings right now. It makes sense to me that I would seek some sort of escape.

Damn this recovery business is hard work! But - I've got a beautiful daughter who is graduating grade 8 tonight and she's the most important thing in my world today. I will be there for her, fully present, and grateful for what God has given me.

Right, Nelco? A grateful alcoholic won't drink - and I am grateful.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Hmmm, well I haven't had any dreams for a few nights but I haven't had enough continuous sleep for them, apart from one night. I rarely have drinking dreams but when I do they usually wake me up and I sure do remember them. Not sure what they mean; read somewhere it could be reservations.....no, not in my case....or it could just be a reminder of what my drinking was like.

Met up with a friend for coffee before we went to a lunchtime meeting and rest of the day, before and after, I've been sorting out some family stuff - real stuff not emotional and some "real" stuff of my own. Why do official places always keep you on hold for ages when you call them? Bet they do it deliberately.

Good to read your gratitude Ro, and as you say just keep it one day at a time. That way you'll just keep growing in your recovery.

:ghug
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Need to sleep to dream.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  

You may have had bad dreams from all the crap you ate yesterday Rolo. I know food can affect me like that.

I have a busy day planned: lunch with a friend that I went to high school with her husband, movies with the girls, then going to see a friend in rehab. :bounce

I have been fighting some depression. I think it has to do with watching my father in law suffer so much. I hate cancer.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Believe are the dogs washed?? need to wash my yorkie a lot too. The husky is outside and a major job when grooming!!
What are you kidding just did back yard and one side of house. Back is killing me.

I've been thinking of my sobriety anniversary - on July 10th it will be 3 years. I've never made it this far. I've always relapsed around the 2-year mark - so this is significant to me. Once in a while, I'll read some thread here about not counting sober days and thinking 'well heck' I could tie one on tonight and start over tomorrow and not bother counting days (if I weren't in AA I mean) - but I also recognize how faulty this type of thinking is. My perception is way off, and I'm feeling some very uncomfortable feelings right now. It makes sense to me that I would seek some sort of escape.
From experience, when I relapsed I never said anything to anyone, and the guilt just ate away at me. I'm sure that's what sent me on my journey for 5 more years.

Damn this recovery business is hard work! But - I've got a beautiful daughter who is graduating grade 8 tonight and she's the most important thing in my world today. I will be there for her, fully present, and grateful for what God has given me.

Right, Nelco? A grateful alcoholic won't drink - and I am grateful.
You betcha!!!! What a gift sobriety has given you.

Hos....I often say when I am going to bed "Im off to the movies"......I dream all the time!!
If I would only sleep more than 3 hours MAYBE I would dream
Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 457 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by stone View Post
Need to sleep to dream.
I'm with you Stoney!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 458 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feeling some better than yesterday, tho still a bit 'off'. Got ambitious enough to change the litter in the cat boxes and put the trash out so at least that's done. A nap might be in order as I didn't get much sleep last night so snuggling with my doggies might put me right. Still no energy tho so a little sleep sounds good.:ghug3

now if I could just get ck to wash the damn dishes!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:01 AM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Oh Ro, ANOTHER thoughtful post from you. I just savor them! And Spressy, I really hope you can get some rest. Maybe a dr. visit is in order?

About dreams of drinking...when I do have them, I wake up very disoriented and then so RELIEVED that it was a dream. I think it's a cosmic reminder, myself, because in the dream, I am always so devastated that I gave in.

Welcome Rachel. Watch out, this thread is addictive!!! JK, welcome to the fold!

I'll bet Bee is mowing right now...One of the good things about being here is that the sand never gets out of hand
Old 06-23-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Wow, I must be a slow typer, because in between the time I read, wrote and posted, a whole slew of you showed up. Must be Karma! Hey Bee, aren't YOU the cat's pajamas with your multi-quotes!!!!!