Notices

Seeya

Old 06-03-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seeya

Ok enough is enough... sorry (to those who have been supportive), but I'm outta here. I came to this group to find and receive support and some friendship. I got some of that, but I also had people being somewhat unsupportive and making judgements, even personal comments, especially when I didn't need it. I have also used the chatroom on a few occasions, it was mostly fine, but on two occasions no one bothered to even say hello and one one night someone refered to me or people like me as a freak.
Sorry but if that's Support then I probably need to look elsewhere.
Thanks to those who have been kind or supportive and/or friendly, esp. Treefrog, Anna51, Ananda, Allport etc.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Good luck with your recovery, eog.

We'll be here if you change your mind.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Eoghanact,

We are a very supportive community here.

It may be that you do not want to hear the messages and words that members are saying to you.

I wish you well!
Old 06-03-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

remember we are here and that the door is open

this is about life and death focus on geting well not on what you think about others or what they think about you. I like this simple quote:

'its none of my business what others think of me"

Kevin
Old 06-03-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, eog. I've gotten upset here before a few times. I still hang around, though. I stick close to the supportive folks. Reach out to those who are positive. There are some good folks here...it would be a shame if you left upset because of a few people.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Heathen

I wish you well.

I have tried to talk to you in chat, but honestly I think something was up with your connection or something because you said hello, then said that no one was talking to you, and left.

Also private messaged you when you said you wanted to talk by ***** or msn.

This IS a supportive community, but it's also full of people you can learn things from that you might not be ready to think about yet.

I wish you well on your journey, and I hope that sobriety is the path you choose.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck to you. Hope you find a community of support to help you in your recovery.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good luck to you, I felt pretty invisible here for probably my first 100 posts and even got a PM basically telling me to shut up but the support, comaradarie (sp?) and amazing advice I read here whether it's directed towards me or towards others makes up for any minor inconveniences. Maybe you should stick around a while longer.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I hope you change your mind and give it another try.
I have read some of the posts in your threads. And it did seem like some were a little harsh. But mostly I know now that its really things I didnt want to hear.
It is all truth that was being said to you.
I agree it could be dekivered better sometimes.
But thats the thing with internet. It can be taken totally worng because there are no sound, tones, or expression.
You know what I mean?
If you feel that certain members are being like that. Then just stick with the ones who you do feel comfortable with and put the rst on ignore.
It is a shame that you feel that way.
But I understand.
This is a very very understanding and supportive community.
And everyone has their own ways of sharing. Some are more strait forward than others, So it can come across as being mean and stuff.
I hope you stay. But if not..We are always here and I wish you the best.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
mergirl

There is also the ignore function. If you find a certain member or two are always rubbing you the wrong way, it can be very helpful.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I certainly hope you will find a way
to stay sober.....Blessings
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think you'd be hard pressed to find a more supportive community Eog.

You may get a few ppl who challenge you here, but I'd rather than than yes men...even when posters tick you off there's always a good intent behind it and always something to learn from it....even if it's just learning not to read certain responses LOL

Seriously - if we had all the answers, we wouldn't be in this mess mate.

I wish you well whatever you do.

D
Old 06-04-2009, 01:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey eog if you really feel you have to leave thats ok, just know that we will still be here if you change your mind down the road.

Look after yourself. x
Old 06-04-2009, 02:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hey eog,,,im sorry you feel this way! we always seemed to get on ok in chat? just think bout it a little before you decide to leave,,i have been here few months and im only just learning my way round the forums etc! there are a couple of folk that i would rather not be around on here also as i think their thinking is negative,,but i just stay away.and like someone said,mind your own business,,as you get on in sobriety you learn that it dosnt matter what others think of you as long as you keeping your own back yard tidy.please pm me and i will chat to you about recovery anytime.im always floating around and im here every day.please stay in touch.take care whatever you decide to do!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

As someone who used to do meetings in the chat room I can tell you that I have had plenty of issues of being booted out of my own meeting.

I'm sorry you feel that way. Not all of us are going to agree with something, sometimes people say things we really don't care for. I think it's one of those things where you have to let it go and just walk away.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

eoghanacht,

It's like I said, the alcoholic mind will find any excuse to stay in delusion. Being offended, being hurt that you aren't getting the support you want, and blaming others is all a way to keep you drunk, whether or not you realize it.

You can recover by following the advice of the people here. Or you can complain about not getting what you want. That choice is completely yours.

You posted that because you can't get the meds that you want, you are continuing drinking in an attempt to taper off until such meds are available to you. Many people, who have tried such absurdities themselves, informed you that you were unlikely to be successful. Look around these forums and read the stories of those who tried the same thing. It usually doesn't work well. And here's why:

Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
Today I felt like s**t.. Over did it last night. Was supposed to cut down to a certain level but went and bought too many.
Best of luck to you.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Eoghanacht, I really hope you change your mind and stick around. Everyone has a different style of getting a message across. However, I do understand how you might of found some of the posts you recieved harsh, and they could easily be misconstrued. I raised my eyebrows too.
You can alway's pm someone if you prefer. Stick around, even just to view. Take care.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JJB

Eog

Sorry to hear you've been offended.
Sometimes I haven't posted on a thread because i was worried about the reactions from some members and yes sometimes they can be a bit too direct.

However I've decided that my sobriety comes first and when I stopped posting I relapsed so now I'll post whether people find what i have to say daft or not.

Most people here i find great and it would be a pity to sacrifice your sobriety just for the tactlessness of a couple of people (i'm sorry to say i haven't read the posts in question)

I'm quite horrified that jamdis was told to shut up!!!
But doesn't the response you've had to this thread just go to show there are lots of people here who feel just like you do and who will be sorry to see you go.

If posting here helps to keep you sober then i hope you'll stay.(and if you find another way could you let me know? -only joking but i do find it really effective!!)

:ghug