Notices

Only me

Old 06-02-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Only me

Today I felt like s**t.. Over did it last night. Was supposed to cut down to a certain level but went and bought too many. Well I'm still waiting to hear from the rehab people. But.. as the service is run by the Council.. what do you expect?.
Okay I have a question. Nothing to do with what I have just related.
My face is really realy bad, I have red blotches all over it due to the heavy drinking, so I use this makeup stuff (!)- to cover-up the redness.
What I want to know is what do other people, specifically guys, use, if they have the same problem??
Old 06-02-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

my skin god bad recently too. after i stopped drinking. probably because of the stress and effort resisting takes. but i use proactive. its pretty great. coverup work wonders too. dont be afarid to go into a girl store (sephora is a good one) to ask for makeup advice.
But obviously the right thing to do is stop drinking. but well cross that bridge when we get to it.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Many people have skin issues after they stop drinking because of all the toxins being released from the body.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your skin will likely clear up if you stop drinking.

Cutting down rarely works for alcoholics. My advice is to talk to your dr and then stop. It's really a lot simpler that way.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Cutting down only prolongs the agony. Many of us have tried it because we just didn't want to face the fact that we just can't handle alcohol. Cutting down may work for a short period of time, but sooner or later, you'll overdo it, just like you did last night. It's time to make a decision to either be a drinker or bite the bullet and do whatever it takes to become a non-drinker.
Old 06-03-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

only me 2

Ok.. Anna, I can't just go & see my doctor, because they don't prescribe the meds that I want for the withdrawal symptoms- he told me specifically that only the Rehab people do that, so that's one reason why I went there (rehab).
Suki (and Anna), I do agree with you that I obviously need to stop drinking altogether- I really want to- it's just that I felt that I would cut-down and then stop- to ween myself off the thing, so to speak; I was also told by the rehab worker who assessed me that it was 'dangerous' to cut down to that level (2 cans as opposed to 2 and a half litres), which I did mention in another post.
So basically I want to stop completely, yes, but because I have been told (and have read)- that it is dangerous to stop completely unless you have strong support and meds, that;s why I haven't. Am I wrong in this? If not, any suggestions as to what would be a happy medium until I get the meds to counter the withdrawal symptoms?
Pearlwolf, thanks for the advice, but I'm in the UK, so I haven't heard of that shop/store you mentioned. But I get your point.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Oh sorry. I didnt realize. But the UK is awesome too.
I went through withdrawl.....im not going to lie...it was scary and terrible. I didnt have meds so I got to puke my face off by myself. But I also quit cold turkey. I just plain old stopped.
But its important that you know you need to stop.
I dont have any other advice besides hang in there. You're doing great already.