Notices

I would like to apologize for all I've done to you all.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post

When we alkies and addicts are overwhelmed with a lot of emotion we tend to

"lump everything together" and tend to feel at times, that the whole world is

against us. And that..is a dangerous spot to be in.
It's true, I know I do that. Wise words there Sher.

Stick around Paulos, if you don't wanna do the chat thing anymore then OK, but you can still use the forums and stuff.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I do not know the deatils surrounding the monitors really. But I believe they were appointed to sorta be your henchman..So to speak. LOL..I know..Corny but thats what I kinda relate it to.
Sorta like meeitng bouncers. None of them are chairing meetings as far as I know. At least not as many as you did.
Your still the key element in all that P.
You are needed. I saw that chat room packed every night for meetings.
You cant say you arent needed.
I dont know about whats going on with your mom.
But I bet if you take your post again here at SR. It will help you as much as it will everyone else who attends.
So..Whattya say there P?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

bye, good luck with everything.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

(((Paulos))) :ghug3
Old 04-16-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Please come back, Paul. We miss you very much.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I am fairly new and didn't have the opportunity to get to know you. You sound like a really nice person who will be missed around here so why not just stick around. I would like to get to know you.
Take care!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

:ghug
Old 04-17-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
To Life!

Glad to see you back, Paul...

Shalom!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Wow, thank you OzSandy, someone agrees with the truth Thank you Oz.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:11 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Oz you don't give your IQ enough credit, according to Wikipedia your IQ 130 isn't above average, it's "130-144 Moderately Gifted"
Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Chiynita, "Henchmen" are usually people that the person who uses them hires/gets, I was FORCED to have them, not given them.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I thanked all posts..usually do.

The truth is..I have absolutely no idea what happened in Chat.

I don't want to know.

As I said before..I've only been there since you left.

It sounds like..you were were hurt badly. And still smarting.

But, if you have an open invite Paulos..why not go back?

There are controls ..(monitors) I suppose I am Chat illiterate!

But from what I've seen they've been doing a good job..not obtrusive.

I don't know you well, but your personality and oooomph! he shoots he

scores drive would be nice in there...

I'm done here, as I know too little about this..

Just take care of yourself P.

Old 04-17-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I was out of town when this all went down, and I really don't care to know the details. All I know is I've settled on Monday's, endzoner and ananda have Tuesdays, Vegi has Wednesdays and there's two on Saturday, and one of those is really Sunday on Australian time.

So Paulos, it leaves Thursday and Friday You can do them. I know you can. People ask about you constantly in chat. Makes me feel kinda insecure lol So there's some monitors now? So what? They're only there to help. I don't know about you, but I got some crazy people in my Saturday night chats...wanting to share about how to do meth safely and what not. I'd be glad for someone who might be able to shut them down so we can have an inspiring discussion.

I believe that whatever precautions were put in place were done so for a reason. This ain't the wild west over here. We're here to support each other on sobriety or staying clean. If we have to have some rules, I'm okay with that.

You have given so much of yourself. Chair a meeting or two.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

The chat monitors we chose were chosen for all the free time they also gave in chat helping members and newcomers. They were chosen for their ability and service work and the need we had to solve the problems we were having in chat. They are respected members in chat and on the forums and deserve respect from members.

There are many wonderful members who give freely here every day who aren't in admin positions and their service work is equally important.

We made this decision as a team and feel it was the right decision for all involved. I am sorry you don't agree with the decision Paulos and I'm sorry the decision hurt your feelings. I had numerous PMs with you explaining that we had to solve the problems first before you could be a chat monitor because you were personally involved with all the problems we were having. This probably would have all been resolved if you had stayed around long enough to let us solve the problems.

Moderators, greeters, and chat monitors have to have the ability to accept decisions they don't agree with. If we all quit when things didn't go our way no one would be here. Your service is important and I hope you decide to stay and host your meetings.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

Paulos, if you really want to help and I believe that you do...then please don't let your pride get in the way of that. Look at all these people that want you back, regardless of whatever issues may have taken place...if you truly have a desire to help on this site than do it.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Whoa, buddy! you are just having the day from hell. Yesterday was my day too. Quit beating the tar out of yourself. Dear 'ole mom drove ME out of my ever-loving mind . You OWE ME no apology. Your emotions are churning. It won't last forever. Running away from the people on this site that can help you would be a BIG mistake. Try to relax & get yourself together. You ARE NOT a bad person. don't quit on us.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:06 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Paulos, Hang in there honey, Better days are coming, and this too shall pass. One sure thing in life is change. I haven't been in chat much lately. As you can see by the posts, you were very well liked and loved. Don't let one bad incident, change everything or run you out of SR. I'm sure you have learned something from all of this. Look at it, as a growing experience.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:38 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

OzSandy,

I really appreciate your care for Paulos because I care very much for him also. It is not as easy as it might look from your side. I was literally running trying to keep up with the problems and staying up very late to read all the transcripts when they came in after midnight. I was having trouble keeping up with it and neglected my real job that pays my bills for several days. I got so tired I actually closed the chat room because I was too tired to continue. In order to get the chat room open by the next day there were very quick decisions made. The only other option would have been to keep the chat room closed, which would have harmed members who only use the chat room for support.

Every decision we made was to protect Paulos and keep the chat room open. What could have been done is not always possible.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:45 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Thank you Morning Glory for all your work here. All of that use chat really appreciate it!
Old 04-18-2009, 04:23 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Yea..Thank you once again MG for explaining yourself yet again.
I dont know of too many Admin.. anywhere..that would explain themselves not once..but numerous times like MG has.
And she really didnt even have to. Especially publicly.
Thank you Mg and all the mods for working together and working hard to make SR the place that it is.